Author Topic: Sensible Kick Off/End Times  (Read 2430 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Sensible Kick Off/End Times
« on: September 19, 2010, 17:44:32 PM »
Eyeing up the GSOP - Event 1 - 5000 Chips - 20 mins - currently 1157 Runners ... 7pm Kick Off ... so when will it finish?

Looks like about 10 hours of play to get to the final table ... Final Table at 5am hardly ideal for the week to come.

Have any of the Euro based sites tried a 1pm kick off for something big - which is what the "Pokerstars Sunday Warm Up" is if you are in the USA.

It always gets a great field - so why not something sensible in the UK?

Thoughts?

L
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 17:49:01 PM by Honeybadg »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: Sensible Kick Off/End Times
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 17:53:43 PM »

Eyeing up the GSOP - Event 1 - 5000 Chips - 20 mins - currently 1157 Runners ... 7pm Kick Off ... so when will it finish?

Looks like about 10 hours of play to get to the final table ... Final Table at 5am hardly ideal for the week to come.

Have any of the Euro based sites tried a 1pm kick off for something big - which is what the "Pokerstars Sunday Warm Up" is if you are in the USA.

It always gets a great field - so why not something sensible in the UK?

Thoughts?

L

+1

Totally agree Louis, I"m still playing it, and once I"ve won my third GSOP event and won my $1m bonus from Betfair, I will make the point to them.   ;D

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Sensible Kick Off/End Times
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 17:57:28 PM »
while I agree with you completely here, Louis, it should be pointed out that the "warm up" is targeted at euro players and tends to get less US players, so the 6pm start is meant to be an "early" start.

I"d imagine the logic is that most people are out and tucked up in bed at a decent time with the 7pm start and its only those poor souls who have 4 figure cashes who only get a few hours sleep before work the next day
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D