Author Topic: Forum connection problems  (Read 11879 times)

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: Forum connection problems
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 11:45:49 AM »
According to www.calculatorcat.com/typing_test/ , (touch typing), I"m on 56 words a minute!

If I went any faster I"d be sitting in a cloud of smoke and broken finger nails  :)

The meessage I"m getting Des (if it"s any use to you and if you"ve not seen it yourself) is;

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\webs\apat.com\html\forum\Sources\Subs.php on line 321
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 16:17:00 PM by lukybugur »

H-Man81

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2007, 11:47:26 AM »

More problems again today though ...

Sorry to whine about it but the "timeout" messages and overall slow speed of the forum during these problem times are somewhat frustrating. Especially when typing, posting, getting the error message then having to re-type again.

Copy your post (Ctrl & C for those computer novices  ;) and then if it buggers up you can just paste it and re-post!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2007, 11:56:07 AM »
A valid point, if his posts were worth reading.  Mine aren"t either, but I make up for the lack of quality with quantity... ;D

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

H-Man81

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2007, 12:08:19 PM »

A valid point, if his posts were worth reading.  Mine aren"t either, but I make up for the lack of quality with quantity... ;D

Do you post a lot Daniel? I hadn"t noticed  ;)  I might start posting my threads a sentence at a time.

H-Man81

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2007, 12:09:33 PM »

Do you post a lot Daniel? I hadn"t noticed  ;)  I might start posting my threads a sentence at a time.

That way my number of posts will shoot right up  ;D  If Allan D posts one line at a time he"d be up at about a quarter of a million posts by now  :D

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »
The difference between your posts Alan, and Daniels, is that yours are worth reading  ;D

By the way, will we not be seeing you in Manchester ?

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2007, 12:36:32 PM »

Type quicker.

;)

loli tried that last night still timed out when i wenttopost it ,couldnt be bothered typing itagain
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

H-Man81

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2007, 12:40:17 PM »

The difference between your posts Alan, and Daniels, is that yours are worth reading  ;D

By the way, will we not be seeing you in Manchester ?

Why thank you Ian! Though I think Daniel speaks a lot of sense (well when I say a lot, I"m sure he said something sensible on the 363rd post he made, still waiting for the next  ;)

Not sure if I"m free that weekend so didn"t try extra hard to get a seat.  Did try the clickfest last night but had problems with my card (remember we discussed the security code, well it kicked me out cause I couldn"t remember!)  Not the end of the world as may have saved myself £7.50,lol!  If my other plans fall through then may come down for reserve list and just catch up with friends in manchester if don"t get in.  You and Caz in?

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2007, 12:57:41 PM »
Caz and myself are in - 100% record so far with 6 out of 6 attempts.

Caz will be disappointed that the "very nice young man"  :D, as she called you in Walsall, will not be in Manchester.

H-Man81

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2007, 15:12:43 PM »

Caz will be disappointed that the "very nice young man"  :D, as she called you in Walsall, will not be in Manchester.

Lol, I"ve been called a few things in my time, this is definitely one of the nicer things  :D   I thought you were both very nice Ian, well until you took 4000 chips off me with your small blind KK  ;)

Tell Caz all is not lost as I may well still be in Manchester, first drink"s on me if I am!

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2007, 15:15:21 PM »

According to www.calculatorcat.com/typing_test/ , (touch typing), I"m on 56 words a minute!

That looks like a fun game :D

The only problem with online typing tests is that they tend to overstate your speed though.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

AllanD23

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 19:35:36 PM »

That way my number of posts will shoot right up  ;D  If Allan D posts one line at a time he"d be up at about a quarter of a million posts by now  :D

rofl aye, i only post once a year but i like to make it count  ;D  :D  

Look forward to seeing you all again in manchester... (no doubt be seeing a few of you next weekend in birmingham)

The Codd

• Bronze Member
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 12:02:40 PM »
forum and site are always really slow for me too.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 14:20:33 PM »
It is very slow, to the point that its annoying going from post to post and trying to keep up with the threads..

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in D:\webs\apat.com\html\forum\Sources\Subs.php on line 321

Get this message very regular.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 21:07:23 PM »
Phew...thank god, I thought it was just my PC.  Major issues every time I"m on it with slow pick ups oon the forum posts....No other site I have issues with.  Upgraded BRoadband, reasonalbe new PC, so was puzzled as to why it was only on this site...look forward to any solutions.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013