Author Topic: Down to 3 in 18 man SnG on Stars  (Read 6597 times)

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
Re: Down to 3 in 18 man SnG on Stars
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2010, 21:51:48 PM »

I"ve been constantly abusing the other two, min raising preflop every button playing 46/32. Just recently villain has started to ship ai his 60 BB"s in response and has clearly had enough. Not to be detered ( LAG is fun  ;D) .......

Hero (SB) (t9835)
BB (t11290)
Button (t5875)

Hero"s M: 32.78

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, 10
1 fold, Hero bets t500, BB calls t400

I"ve been playing with BB for over an hour and have a good handle on him, he"s clearly had enough and is likely to do just about anything at this stage, I want to play pots with him even oop. I raise planning to fold to a reraise. He flat calls rather than 3 bet ai ( his method for playing back ) and that pretty much rules out the top 25% from his range with very few exceptions. You can get an odd suprise here but seldom enough to be trivial.

Flop: (t1200) 7, 5, J (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks.

A nice flop given our recent history but not much value in a bet, he is more likely to raise or fold and we"ll likely have to fold to a raise. I think weak check calling has more value for our hand.

Turn: (t1200) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets t1800, Hero calls t1800

Obviously some nice insurance now with the flush draw and no way I"m folding on this street. There isn"t much value in a bet though, he is still more likely to raise or fold and we"ll like to keep the folding hands involved.The overbet is weak and not how I"d expect him to bet with 78 or 58, don"t think he ever checks back a J on the flop. I suspect our hand is good so no need to tell him.

River: (t4800) J (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets t8865

The big overbet on the river is so FOS, you often see the nuts bet like this but its usually a rivered nuts and in a small pot were villain maybe feels the potsize needs to justify his handsize. I"ve often panic snap folded here in the past but I"ve been working on taking time to look beyond the shock effect and taking a composed look at the decision at hand. If anything the river J was a great card for me really, he never ever has the J and so its a scare card for any of his hands that beat me.

I make the hero or total mug call and villain shows.......

6s :3s:

Ship the $19.5k pot.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

shozboy1

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 23:52:49 PM »
i"m pretty much always cbetting the flop here, and 50/50 between checking and 2nd barrelling the turn. Insta river fold for me as played
WCOAP online final tablist 2009
WCOAP live 6 max final tablist 2010
Eng online final tablist 2011

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2010, 09:00:13 AM »
Very well played Brendan, I like to think I would have played that in a similar fashion, but who knows!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2010, 14:57:58 PM »

Very well played Brendan, I like to think I would have played that in a similar fashion, but who knows!

Thanks Mikey, I thought this post was dead and gone.

i"m pretty much always cbetting the flop here, and 50/50 between checking and 2nd barrelling the turn. Insta river fold for me as played

apologies Shoz, hadn"t seen this reply....

As always, there really is no perfect answer / line in this hand. I played it based on my reads and decisions were made predominately from the position, how can I get him to put $$ in with a hand that I beat?

That said, I"m curious, when you say "i"m pretty much always cbetting the flop here",

• what are your reasons for cbetting?

• What is your plan if he calls and why?

• What is your plan if he raises and why?

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."