Author Topic: How do we maximise value here?  (Read 12880 times)

mouth146

Re: How do we maximise value here?
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2010, 16:43:40 PM »

My whole team were railing you for quite some time on Monday but I can"t say who we are because Steve and Andy are very confused by the whole thing.  ;D

Confusion - a mistake that results from taking one thing to be another

Actually not "very confused by the whole thing" at all.... just don"t know your alias or team name. This is due to the fact that you declined to tell us, not because we are in any way confused. I"m guessing that your decision to keep details from us is borne from your obvious fear that we will target you and pillage your stacks mercilessly.

my name is mouth667 and i am a member of the Knit squad (do u see what we did there lol) and feel free to target me and attempt to pillage my stack mercilessly. Be aware you will need to keep your chat OFF or you will be rendered useless by the constant barrage of abuse from me!

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2010, 17:28:11 PM »

My whole team were railing you for quite some time on Monday but I can"t say who we are because Steve and Andy are very confused by the whole thing.  ;D

Confusion - a mistake that results from taking one thing to be another

Actually not "very confused by the whole thing" at all.... just don"t know your alias or team name. This is due to the fact that you declined to tell us, not because we are in any way confused. I"m guessing that your decision to keep details from us is borne from your obvious fear that we will target you and pillage your stacks mercilessly.

my name is mouth667 and i am a member of the Knit squad (do u see what we did there lol) and feel free to target me and attempt to pillage my stack mercilessly. Be aware you will need to keep your chat OFF or you will be rendered useless by the constant barrage of abuse from me!

My cynicism obviously found the wrong target - "twas aimed at Stuart :)

(and yes, I loved the Knit Squad name..... but it is so unrepresentative, as you were probably the furthest removed from a nit on that final table!)

My chat remains ON at all times - I love the craic!

mouth146

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2010, 19:39:15 PM »
don"t blow the image steve, there"s people on here don"t know me so i may just may be able to pull off the rock impression for another week or so!

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2010, 19:47:33 PM »

don"t blow the image steve, there"s people on here don"t know me so i may just may be able to pull off the rock impression for another week or so!

nah that"s long blown  ;D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2010, 18:55:50 PM »

Is it always a 4-bet pre here? Given the Villain"s stats and the stack sizes, smoothing his 3-bet feels like the best way to maximise your value.

Does depend on player dynamics, did you feel he might stack off light vs an UTG 4-bet? If you were later I"d be 4-betting away but from UTG it looks to me like your range gets pretty narrow.

The stacks are shallow enough that you shouldn"t be put in many awkward situations post flop if you call. Pot would be 25k, effective stacks of around 110k - still only need to get value from two streets to get the lot. If you check and he fires, you"re getting as much in as if he smooths your 4-bet. From your description I"d say he doesn"t 5-bet stack off or call the 4-bet often enough to justify it.

For me, the disguise is worth the risk in this particular situation. As played, prefer a 1/4 pot lead or a ship - whatever you"d think he"d do with JJ in that spot in essence.

I like your thoughts about smoothing the 3bet,there are a multitude ways of playing this out.. Like you when i first read AMRN"s post i thought his 4bet from utg would look strong , i"ll be interested to know if Steve factored this in and if you had 4bet light and led small as a bluff then i applaud you sir...
George mentions leading small as a bluff for balance but again you need a 4bet light range, so really you need your opponent to suspect this to call or raise your probe bet to ""as you put it, maximise value"" or else the probe bet just looks like a strong hand wanting action [after the way the hand has played upto now] to someone who can read the game.. Look how many replied lead small? is this really the most effective way of disguising the strength of the hand?
Marty suggested 28k 1/2 pot and that it looks like there is FE, to which you said there is not? WHY? i think your missing a trick in your overall game if you cant bet/fold in certain situations when at this sort of stack depth..

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2010, 13:09:26 PM »
4betting is fine if there is history and villain is bad enough to call a 4bet  
Looking forward to making my first day 2