Author Topic: Critics: Anything I did wrong please?  (Read 17072 times)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: Critics: Anything I did wrong please?
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2010, 13:31:38 PM »

This is not a fold pre. You just have to be cautious pre flop.

Call is fine- re raising is bad.

Post flop you played it fine too- this is exactly the kind of flop you"re looking for although if opponent is tight as described I probs just call flop but don"t mind getting it in here.

And noble"s right. Bet small to reshove is a good play here too. Depends how much F/E you can build with your sizing

Wow, me and George in complete agreement!  
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2010, 13:44:24 PM »
Always a sign of a good hand when there is so much disagreement.  Different strokes...
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2010, 14:47:06 PM »
villain was utg +1 and had hardly played a hand, only got his chips in with big pairs pre flop that won the race thats why i pegged him as very tight

im glad there are many views on this and even though it was effectively my busto hand im happy the way i played it, as george2loose says its not an auto fold but one you need to be cautious off

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2010, 18:39:13 PM »

villain was utg +1 and had hardly played a hand, only got his chips in with big pairs pre flop that won the race thats why i pegged him as very tight

im glad there are many views on this and even though it was effectively my busto hand im happy the way i played it, as george2loose says its not an auto fold but one you need to be cautious off

Well, his play with KJ suggests that something changed him from his "uber-tight" play!

I guess trying to profile players in a pub tournament can be tricky!
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: October 27, 2010, 19:53:06 PM »

clearly not, but to answer your original question, yes seriously, I may fold here :D

"I may fold" is reasonable, at the very least it does suggest a viable alternative.

as soon as you have pegged him as a very tight player who happens to have the only stack at the table that can hurt you, why on earth do you want to get involved with a marginal raggy ace?

Insta-fold preflop!

"Insta-fold preflop!", on the other hand....... :D

yeah yeah yeah, picky bugger  :D
o dear

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2010, 19:56:02 PM »

My point was that he may not play his cards "face up" post flop and we may not be able to play "perfect poker" as kinboshi suggested.
if he plays his cards face up youll see what he has ;D ;D ;D