Author Topic: Down to 3 in 18 man SnG on Stars  (Read 6613 times)

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
Down to 3 in 18 man SnG on Stars
« on: November 08, 2010, 19:44:43 PM »
I"ve been constantly abusing the other two, min raising preflop every button playing 46/32. Just recently villain has started to ship ai his 60 BB"s in response and has clearly had enough. Not to be detered ( LAG is fun  ;D) .......

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 100/200 Blinds (3 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) (t9835)
BB (t11290)
Button (t5875)

Hero"s M: 32.78

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, 10
1 fold, Hero bets t500, BB calls t400

Flop: (t1200) 7, 5, J (2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: (t1200) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets t1800, Hero calls t1800

River: (t4800) J (2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets t8865

Hero ????

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 22:22:22 PM by TheSnapper »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
Re: Down to 3 in 18 man SnG on Stars
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 21:37:29 PM »
Have you a question?  ???
Call or Fold?  ???
I fold  ::)
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 22:24:17 PM »

Have you a question?  ???
Call or Fold?  ???
I fold  ::)

Edited, yes river call or fold but comments welcome on all streets.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 22:54:20 PM »
I have no idea what you should do because I am a fish but I have to say I love your presentation.

p.s. fold

bigredders

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 00:12:53 AM »
I would fold but it is more than plausable that you are ahead here. The problem is you haven"t really gathered any info on the strength of his hand. Would have preferred a raise or even a ship on the turn as i think he is betting because you have shown weakness. Hence the more than pot-size bet.

I would fold on the basis that you can run over them to get the chips back.

Dewi_cool

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 02:17:28 AM »
ship on the turn & call here, his all in looks weak, would he not value bet the river if his hand was that strong?
Ex Captain Team 'Cymru'

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 07:42:34 AM »
I fold without more info here.  Has villain any history of overbet bluffing?

ship on the turn & call here, his all in looks weak, would he not value bet the river if his hand was that strong?

A value bet does not necessarilly mean a small bet.  A value bet is the largest amount that you believe ur opponent could call with a worse hand.  In this spot, his line looks pretty fos, so he can value bigger than average.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 11:57:17 AM »

A value bet does not necessarilly mean a small bet.  A value bet is the largest amount that you believe ur opponent could call with a worse hand.  In this spot, his line looks pretty fos, so he can value bigger than average.

Funny you should post that comment Marty, I"ve been thinking about posting our headsup hand at DTD but didn"t really remember enough detail to post correctly.

I"ll leave this a little longer, c"mon guys get some comments in there, flame, abuse, its the interweb for goodness sake.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 13:33:36 PM »
I thought about that hand as soon as I read this!!  Cnt remember the details now either but it would have been a good hand to post!!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 14:46:35 PM »

I thought about that hand as soon as I read this!!  Cnt remember the details now either but it would have been a good hand to post!!

Yea its a very similar spot, but with at least one key! difference.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 15:04:46 PM »

I assume and hope you mean check raise ai on the turn Dewi, Leading the turn for $9k into $1200 would obviously be a long term losing bet.

I suspected lots of players would suggest the turn check raise ai, we have lots of equity against villains range. The problem is, our equity comes mostly from the portion of that range that folds to a turn shove. You could make a case for betting ai to take down the pot, it is quite big already @ ~30% of our stack.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 19:08:05 PM »
 As played i check call river an expect him to mostly have air. Hes gonna check behind pairs including 7 or 8, cant put him on a jack.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 20:14:46 PM »
Even with Bottom pair im leading out on the flop to see where I am, if I"m raised I can muck it

As played I"m at least leading the turn but again not looking to get much action

On river what are we beating? Any J, 7, 8 even some 5s beat you. Any over pair 66+ or any gapped connecters like 64, 69 or 9 10!

Snap fold

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 20:27:06 PM »
pretty much like the way you played it. You call turn I assume to call the river but the shove is a serious overbet and is for your tourney.

Given that you are abusing successfully, there is no need to stack off with this hand so fold river, even though there is a pretty good chance you are ahead here.

For a sit and go the stacks are pretty deep 3 handed so I"d fold and carry on abusing in the next hand.

what are the payouts? these may mean that calling is correct here (need some noble maths here!!)
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 20:46:01 PM »
Since you set the scene as an aggressor I don"t really understand the way you played it :-\

Flop check fine for me. I would have def done something on the turn that didn"t involve check calling though. I"d rather bet and be called than check call, but I wouldn"t shove. If you bet the turn and get called you have taken the lead and may then be able to check down the river if you miss since you have showdown value (and so might he). Plus you could win it there and then by betting the turn. If he then shoves the river I fold, it"s bottom pair and I think after he called the turn he has you beat more often than not, and some of these times will be when HE thinks he"s got the worst hand.

As played insta-fold and post on a forum somewhere if I coulda played it different ;) I can"t make a case for calling because some of his bluffs will have you beat.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!