Author Topic: APAT Season 5: Discussion  (Read 276499 times)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Re: S5 - APAT Season 5 - Discussion
« Reply #285 on: February 02, 2011, 14:56:22 PM »
 All tournys get crap shooty at some point of course, but with a better ante structure (like the one posted above)
it simply helps move the tourny along, while at the same time making sure that once we are down to the last 4 or 5 tables there is still a level of post flop play.
At the weekend i noticed that once down to the last 4 tables, even people who had twice the average couldnt afford to raise 3x and then fold to any kind of shove because you are now priced into call, so you need to be delt hands with show down value in order to consider raising, otherwise you are bleeding chips. This means that decant post flop players have lost all their edge and it becomes a lottery or winning flips and running good far to early imo.

I would recommend reading DNs post, i put it up on the main page a couple of months ago but you can find it here also, and he explains it in a way that is easy to understand.

Delboy

• Silver Member
  • Its not about the Poker
« Reply #286 on: February 02, 2011, 18:42:30 PM »
Can we ask the GBolton to change the buffet chef for next year

Maylis

• James is my cameraman
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2011, 02:07:47 AM »
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:02:10 AM by Maylis »

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2011, 07:17:38 AM »

7/ Or if apat think that the pro league would work again they could have one pro main event for the season and making it an all singing all dancing spectacular one off event. Something with really amazing structure and value like the deepstack at Luton in march. With £500-1k buy in, 50k chips, 1 hour clock, over 3 days (day1a and 1b if needed). Dont clash with apat amateur and have loads of online sats so people can qualify online. Also wherever the venue is run live satellites in the venue the night before. Last season the 20k was a bit wishy washy but say if it was used for the winner of this event  and promoted properly it would be quite dramatic and exciting and a lot of people would want to play. If it was held in London you would get a lot of the bigger pros interested in playing and all the apaters who think £500-1k is out of their bankroll could qualify if they tried hard enough. Could make it a really amazing one off for the year event! With an amazing field, amazing value for the winner, and amazing structure at an amazing venue. Everyone would want to be involved.

agree with the vast majority of whats above but v much like this idea!
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2011, 08:37:05 AM »
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #290 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:30 AM »
Lots of great ideas from Maylis particularly the one on accessories. I"m now on the hunt for a leopard print hoody and shades!  :)  Not sure about the shoes though. Do they do them in a 12?

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Season 5 info discussed with Des in Bolton
« Reply #291 on: February 03, 2011, 10:43:10 AM »
Coming soon.  ;D

yes, I know it"s been done before..

yes, I know it"s childish..

but it"s still funny.  ;D

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Season 5 info discussed with Des in Bolton
« Reply #292 on: February 03, 2011, 10:45:30 AM »

Coming soon.  ;D

yes, I know it"s been done before..

yes, I know it"s childish..

but it"s still funny.  ;D

Or not....
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Maylis

• James is my cameraman
« Reply #293 on: February 03, 2011, 11:03:17 AM »

7/ Or if apat think that the pro league would work again they could have one pro main event for the season and making it an all singing all dancing spectacular one off event. Something with really amazing structure and value like the deepstack at Luton in march. With £500-1k buy in, 50k chips, 1 hour clock, over 3 days (day1a and 1b if needed). Dont clash with apat amateur and have loads of online sats so people can qualify online. Also wherever the venue is run live satellites in the venue the night before. Last season the 20k was a bit wishy washy but say if it was used for the winner of this event  and promoted properly it would be quite dramatic and exciting and a lot of people would want to play. If it was held in London you would get a lot of the bigger pros interested in playing and all the apaters who think £500-1k is out of their bankroll could qualify if they tried hard enough. Could make it a really amazing one off for the year event! With an amazing field, amazing value for the winner, and amazing structure at an amazing venue. Everyone would want to be involved.

agree with the vast majority of whats above but v much like this idea!

Yeah i think this would be so exciting.

Maylis

• James is my cameraman
« Reply #294 on: February 03, 2011, 11:10:52 AM »

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #295 on: February 03, 2011, 11:11:47 AM »
APAT always try to do their best and it"s also hard to satisfy all the members all the time. So first thanks for their efforts. All of us knows that there is hard work behind to realise all the online/offline events.

My thoughts about that:

The"re three groups with interests: APAT, Community and Sponsor.

It would be fantastic to have a total agreement but I guess that"s really hard to realise.

Player"s: want perfect organized tournaments, benefits, low costs, etc.

Sponsor: want Return on investment, brand awareness, new sustainable customers (signups)

So first APAT needs a mission statement, what"s their own aim, where they want to go?

That"s the initial point and the base for all decisions.( expand national/international, Venues, Pro events, Buyins, etc.)

Season 4 is over and APAT have successive more and more followers. Why?

Maylis said: "A lot of people play the APAT tour because they like the social side of it."

Agree 100% !

I"m sure that"s one of the most important reasons for APAT's success last years.

Please don"t change to much on your original aims, because I"m a bit afraid that APAT could lose profile.

A(mateur) PAT.

@Maylis

Appreciate your posting:

Follow my Poker Twitter @CINK1D
Follow my Horseracing Twitter @AG_CGN
Ex Team Lucky Squad
Captain Ex-Regional Team Europe
Member Ex-Regional Team East of England
Member Ex-Luton Poker Club

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #296 on: February 03, 2011, 11:37:02 AM »
Theres a lot made of the "amateur" thing.  Theres a pretty thin line between amateur and pro.  I know a lot of amatuers who want to play higher buy-ins.  The definition of amateur has def changed in the past 5 years, as now the average player is more educated, not only skill wise, but also about structures, etc.

I dnt think its easy to say - amateurs want a, b + c anymore.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #297 on: February 03, 2011, 11:46:10 AM »

i dont think players would expect an open bar or anything like that.

Have you actually met the APAT players?   ;)

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #298 on: February 03, 2011, 12:00:43 PM »
@ Marty

Please don"t missunderstand me. Agree your posting, but for me an "Amateur" in APAT interests is a synonymic word for a lot of different things.  Realistic Buyin, Social side, like Maylis said, etc. It"s the responsibilty of APAT that nobody from the Regulars has to fall overbord  in case that money (buyin more than 75-100 GBP) would be the reason. Then we all lose the APAT spirit for my opinion.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:04:18 PM by CincinnatiKid »
Follow my Poker Twitter @CINK1D
Follow my Horseracing Twitter @AG_CGN
Ex Team Lucky Squad
Captain Ex-Regional Team Europe
Member Ex-Regional Team East of England
Member Ex-Luton Poker Club

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #299 on: February 03, 2011, 12:04:56 PM »

The definition of amateur has def changed in the past 5 years

Not for APAT is hasn"t....Amateur does not necessarily equate to inexperienced or uneducated.

I"m a highly experienced poker player but my skills are marginal at best...ask anyone who"s played with me.

Perhaps they should change the name to Social Poker Association and Tour.

SPAT....it doesn"t have quite the same ring to it, does it?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 12:07:20 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”