Author Topic: APAT Season 5: Discussion  (Read 276403 times)

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Re: S5 - APAT Season 5 - Discussion
« Reply #210 on: January 05, 2011, 20:24:07 PM »
I would be very surprised if its not held at Les Croupiers. The card room has plenty of space (can easily hold 200 players), and as Gareth has said, it is dealer dealt.  They have held One Way Poker Tournaments there, the last one in December had 190 runners and was a big success. The have a chinese restaurant right next to the cardroom as well, so the catering should be fine. My only concern is that the bar might not be big enough to hold the APAT crowd, and they might have to get some more barstaff.
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

Gazza

• Bronze Member
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2011, 08:58:42 AM »

Don"t know if it"s been said yet as I haven"t read the whole thing, but Les Croupiers in Cardiff would be my choice for the Welsh leg next time. The dealers are experienced as all their tournaments are dealer-dealt and more importantly it has a 200 player capacity.

I think we should have two welsh events, seeing as all the best players are from Wales and all :-)

have one in Swansea and one somewhere else (maybe two in Swansea)  :-)

I think Les Croupiers is a pretty safe bet really tbh. it is the best card room in Wales. You still go there Gareth?

Yep still playing there, mostly cash (which is as soft as ever) and the occasional tournament.

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2011, 20:44:49 PM »

Season 5 Schedule and Details will be announced soon

I am beginning to get an aversion to the word soon  ;D

Hey Duke, Does this mean you do not have an aversion yet, but sooooon?
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2011, 20:49:23 PM »

Season 5 Schedule and Details will be announced soon

I am beginning to get an aversion to the word soon  ;D

Hey Duke, Does this mean you do not have an aversion yet, but sooooon?

I have an aversion to being on your table  ;D  see you at the tables soon Paul

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2011, 15:37:40 PM »
Would be nice and also a fair solution that all members of the APAT community have a real chance to play for their country at the APAT European / World Championships. Specially out of UK / Ireland there isn"t a fair solution.
Follow my Poker Twitter @CINK1D
Follow my Horseracing Twitter @AG_CGN
Ex Team Lucky Squad
Captain Ex-Regional Team Europe
Member Ex-Regional Team East of England
Member Ex-Luton Poker Club

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2011, 15:59:22 PM »

Would be nice and also a fair solution that all members of the APAT community have a real chance to play for their country at the APAT European / World Championships. Specially out of UK / Ireland there isn"t a fair solution.

I have no idea what this means but I"m for it...I think!
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2011, 16:15:40 PM »

I have no idea what this means but I"m for it...I think!

Is the current system not;
1) apply to team captain
2) team captain makes decision
3) team captain announces team?

Can"t see much fairer.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2011, 16:31:10 PM »

I was only thinking about this yesterday.

It"s a difficult one actually because in a way we have two sets of teams.  The UK based teams where the majority of APATers are from and then the mainland European teams, whcih heavily rely on APAT having a contact in each country.

Each set of teams have a very different method in which to select their teams.  I feel that the UK team captains have a certain responsibility to look at players in current APAT form etc, whereas due to the lack of APAT events that mainland European players play, it is more likely that the captains will select a group of friends/mates that will travel over together.

It"s a tough one to get the balance right, and the last thing we would ever want to happen is always have the same faces representing each country every year.  That would detract from what the event is about.

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2011, 16:31:38 PM »
@Paulie

Who picked the teamplayers for the individual country (not UK/Ireland)? Specially in germany we have - my personal opinion - no fair solution for that. Since I"m playing as a regular player for Luton Poker Club I"d never saw any german - maybe I"m blind - neither as a player at the matchdays nor as an active community member with postings etc. For me it would be a honor and pleasure to be a member of my countries team. The last "international Championships" were great events I guess but I"m hopefull that there are more regulars playing in the future than "APAT-Visitors". Think it would be great for our sponsors to have more and more regulars in APAT community and develop the APAT spirit also in other countries.

Ex Team Lucky Squad

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2011, 16:43:30 PM »
@ Marty719

Agree! (UK/Ireland)

@ Chipaccrual

Thanks for your annotation!

@all

Please don"t missapprehend me. Don"t want to arouse a discussion about a system what"s approved in UK/Ireland.

Ex Team Lucky Squad

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2011, 16:49:57 PM »

@ Marty719

Agree! (UK/Ireland)

@ Chipaccrual

Thanks for your annotation!

@all

Please don"t missapprehend me. Don"t want to arouse a discussion about a system what"s approved in UK/Ireland.

Discussion is good Achim, especially on this subject.

I"m not suggesting that the method currently used for any of the teams is the fairest or best way forward, and as always, we are open to members suggestions.

The event itself is simply brilliant (If I do say so myself), but I think we can improve it.  Always thinking of better.    :D

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2011, 17:49:26 PM »
I vote Achim G for German team captain for 2011

Top bloke

Cheers

Ian

NB
This man travels a long way for our tournies and doesn"t have much luck with planes  ;D
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2011, 18:12:12 PM »

I vote Achim G for German team captain for 2011

This man travels a long way for our tournies and doesn"t have much luck with planes  ;D

I should be a shoe-in for the UK Team then...I travel a long way and don"t have much luck with trains and ferries.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

CincinnatiKid

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2011, 19:15:42 PM »
We should build a new team, The Trouble Trip Company  ;D
Ex Team Lucky Squad

Delboy

• Silver Member
  • Its not about the Poker
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2011, 20:13:09 PM »

I was only thinking about this yesterday.

It"s a difficult one actually because in a way we have two sets of teams.  The UK based teams where the majority of APATers are from and then the mainland European teams, whcih heavily rely on APAT having a contact in each country.

Each set of teams have a very different method in which to select their teams.  I feel that the UK team captains have a certain responsibility to look at players in current APAT form etc, whereas due to the lack of APAT events that mainland European players play, it is more likely that the captains will select a group of friends/mates that will travel over together.

It"s a tough one to get the balance right, and the last thing we would ever want to happen is always have the same faces representing each country every year.  That would detract from what the event is about.

Surley a fair solution would be to have "A" & "B" teams from the home nations and probably a "C" team for England. With more teams though, the format would need to be changed to enable teams to be eliminated through the comp.