Author Topic: APAT Season 5: Discussion  (Read 276188 times)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: APAT Season 5: Pre-Announcement Discussion
« Reply #465 on: March 01, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »
Could be good to have a mini-online series in the off-season next year.  A good way to fill the gap without the same level of organisation and work required.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #466 on: March 02, 2011, 22:43:46 PM »

It"s going to be later in the week before we put the announcement out folks, we"re still finalising details.  Sorry for the delay.

Love the fact you haven"t actually stated which week Des  ;)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #467 on: March 02, 2011, 23:03:37 PM »
Are you still taking suggestions? Meant to say this before but then, you know. Anyway, it is this - Don"t make it impossible for players who are picked for the international sides to become Player of the Series, be awarded a WSOPE seat, finish 4th and win £40k.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #468 on: March 03, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »
I've got a feeling that tonight's the night  

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #469 on: March 03, 2011, 09:26:17 AM »

I"m assuming when the times comes, we"ll get notifed first of a time and day when it will be announced, so people are aware beforehand to ensure they are logged on at that time?
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #470 on: March 03, 2011, 09:44:20 AM »

I"m assuming when the times comes, we"ll get notifed first of a time and day when it will be announced, so people are aware beforehand to ensure they are logged on at that time?

err, why?  ???

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #471 on: March 03, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »
You won"t be notified

It won"t be today either

Still waiting for

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #472 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:20 AM »

It"s going to be later in the week before we put the announcement out folks, we"re still finalising details.  Sorry for the delay.

ummmmmmmmm - when does the week end please?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 16:30:18 PM by AMRN »

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #473 on: March 03, 2011, 11:31:40 AM »

Are you still taking suggestions? Meant to say this before but then, you know. Anyway, it is this - Don"t make it impossible for players who are picked for the international sides to become Player of the Series, be awarded a WSOPE seat, finish 4th and win £40k.

It"s not impossible....you get to choose, play for your country or score more points. One or t"other.

All the points scoring events are open fields...the country events aren"t. Seems fair to me.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #474 on: March 03, 2011, 11:34:12 AM »

It won"t be today either.

I"m excited either way....

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #475 on: March 03, 2011, 11:58:43 AM »

It"s not impossible....you get to choose, play for your country or score more points. One or t"other.

All the points scoring events are open fields...the country events aren"t. Seems fair to me.

I really dont agree with this at all.  Just because u get selected for your country does not mean you shud not be able to compete for Player Of The Series (which is potentially more valuable...remember the team even is played for pride rather than £ which is relatively low).  The point scoring events are not fully open in that people that play for their countries are not allowed to enter them.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #476 on: March 03, 2011, 15:05:20 PM »

err, why?  ???

no other reason than a more captive audience.  Not everyone comes on here everyday, so may miss the annoucement on the day.  I, again assume, most people would like to know as soon as its announced - so if a day time was known, they can indded make sure they are here at that time.
Carpe Diem

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #477 on: March 03, 2011, 15:06:10 PM »

Quote from: TightEnd

It won"t be today

So - given that the week ends on Sunday, it will either be tomorrow, Saturday, or Sunday....... there ya go Waz - notified!  :)

LOL - noted!
Carpe Diem

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #478 on: March 03, 2011, 15:13:41 PM »

Technically you are correct Paulie but lets be honest, is there a chance that you are manipulating this to add credence to your point. It is both suprising and disappointing to hear someone I had pegged as a devout Patriot make such a treasonous suggestion!

Maybe I have it wrong though. If the honour of selection to represent England is bestowed on you this season, would you consider you had a realistic choice and hence, a decision to make?

Quote from: Paulie_D

"Points scoring events" and "Country events" are both open, you are free to apply for entry but not guaranteed a seat. Chances of success are a different matter of course and vary widely from event to event and Country to Country.

"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #479 on: March 03, 2011, 15:53:09 PM »

I really dont agree with this at all.  Just because u get selected for your country does not mean you shud not be able to compete for Player Of The Series (which is potentially more valuable...remember the team even is played for pride rather than £ which is relatively low).  The point scoring events are not fully open in that people that play for their countries are not allowed to enter them.

The S4 point scoring events WERE fully open as one could, if one was really serious about it, decline the honour of such representation and enter. The price one pays for being selected is that you cannot score POTS points in events that are run at the same time.

Being selected to represent one"s country is, of course, an honour and one plays for pride in the knowledge that it may disadvantage you in the POTS standings.

As a "devout Patriot", I would, of course, be happy to make that sacrifice.

If points were scored for representing your country then you are disadvantaging all the other players in the Series as they CANNOT score points for those events.

Being "unfair" to the least number, if you like, is the best option of the two that were available in S4.

Ideally, of course, the World Team events would be held at a different time to the APAT World Champs Series which would solve the whole problem.