Author Topic: Any suggestions please?  (Read 1667 times)

Pears27

• Silver Member
Any suggestions please?
« on: November 30, 2010, 20:35:50 PM »
I wonder if anyone can help me. I qualified for this weekend"s GUKPT Champ of Champs by winning the £250 event in Leg 5. Trouble is, my wife was expecting our 2nd child a week ago, it still hasn"t arrived and it"s looking 99% certain that I won"t be able to make it (she"ll be induced on the day itself if it comes to that).

I know it"s tricky being a qualification-only event, and I realise I wouldn"t be able to sell the seat or get the cash equivalent (!) but I was wondering if it might be possible under the circumstances to maybe defer my entry to next year or something. I hate the idea of missing out on £1,000 given the reasons why I can"t make it.

I realise the tour isn"t run by anyone on here, but with the APAT/Betfair/GUKPT links and general people knowing people, if anyone has any suggestions (other than telling her I"ll see her/them when I"ve busted - tried it, no dice) then maybe you could post or PM me.

Many thanks,
Paul.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
Re: Any suggestions please?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 21:35:51 PM »
email

Russell Tamplin, Grosvenor Head of Poker   russell_tamplin@rank.com

He organises the GUKPT and the CofC and it is through him I book all the G/Grosvenor venues

stating what you have said above and asking for a deferral

Probably won"t be given but you might get thrown something else instead

Pears27

• Silver Member
Re: Any suggestions please?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 21:49:26 PM »
Great, thanks Rich. I wrongly went the Jonathan Raab route so it"s good to know who manages it now he"s moved on. Cheers.