Author Topic: APAT PLAYER IN POKER MILLION FINAL !!  (Read 30030 times)

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
Re: APAT PLAYER IN POKER MILLION FINAL !!
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2010, 16:31:26 PM »

If he"s an online pro how come he plays APAT?

good question

the immediate answer is we had no idea he was.

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2010, 16:54:02 PM »

Gary got made redundant a while back and plays on-line poker whilst he"s in between jobs..."media" definition of an on-line poker pro?
"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2010, 17:18:59 PM »

Gary got made redundant a while back and plays on-line poker whilst he"s in between jobs..."media" definition of an on-line poker pro?

a bit of poetic license in the news report then... "The 39 year-old left a job in finance three years ago to take up poker full-time"

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2010, 18:03:02 PM »

a bit of poetic license in the news report then... "The 39 year-old left a job in finance three years ago to take up poker full-time"

I agree, he looks much older than 39.   ;D

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2010, 18:24:44 PM »

and "3 years ago", seems a long time to be "between jobs".
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

mattblue

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2010, 18:40:55 PM »
gary is a pro like the rest of us not lets all just wish him luck instead of being patetic (spelling brummie) lol so playing s&g online small stakes and a few mtt makes u a pro what dose playing £300 mtt at dtd make u when apat have a £250 pro one why dont them pls play the apat pro plus didnt apat wont pros in that why they have £250 mtt now why do some apat members use this forum just to moan in stead of helping pls like it should be so to my mate gaz smash them donks friday show them us brummie lads are having it and up the baggies do the ville satday woop woop

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2010, 18:49:06 PM »
I was just asking a question. Definition of a pro is Obv up for debate but three years relying on poker for an income would make him a pro imo. Also dont know what u mean by help him? Sure he won"t lose any sleep over my post. Gl to him in an extremely so sick line up.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2010, 18:51:42 PM »
But seriously, 39 ?

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2010, 19:02:38 PM »

gary is a pro like the rest of us not lets all just wish him luck instead of being patetic (spelling brummie) lol so playing s&g online small stakes and a few mtt makes u a pro what dose playing £300 mtt at dtd make u when apat have a £250 pro one why dont them pls play the apat pro plus didnt apat wont pros in that why they have £250 mtt now why do some apat members use this forum just to moan in stead of helping pls like it should be so to my mate gaz smash them donks friday show them us brummie lads are having it and up the baggies do the ville satday woop woop

Erm...once again...but in English please.  ;D
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2010, 19:12:29 PM »
Matt - nobody"s having a dig... George asked a perfectly standard question about his "pro" status, given that APAT have a rule that "pros" (those who make their sole income from poker) aren"t eligible to play the £75 events....

Personally I don"t really care either way - but it is a fair question.

GL Gary - really hope you take it down mate.

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2010, 19:18:59 PM »
Gary is a mate and he plays APAT. He is also a Baggie and for those reasons alone he gets my support.
If anyone thinks he is a Pro compared to Hansen, Antonius, et al, then they are wrong.
He is a down to earth guy who loves the game and although I haven"t known him long, I have never heard him say a bad word against anyone.
 If he wins this it would be amazing and I am sure that APAT would want to promote the fact that he plays under "Our" banner.
 Maybe he could replace that well-known APAT member Liv Borree who has her picture on the banner for the Poker Forum, yet I believe hasn"t played since Season One ??

GL Gazza......BCPC are behind you.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 19:34:33 PM »
Why does every post have to turn into a discussion in the negative way . Who cares if he a pro amateur , he has played in apat so all that needs saying is good luck !

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2010, 19:56:50 PM »

If anyone thinks he is a Pro compared to Hansen, Antonius, et al, then they are wrong.

The "level" of Pro is irrelevant. If he"s a "Pro" under APAT's definition then he shouldn"t be playing in the £75 events.

Being a "Pro" doesn"t make you a good player....although staying a "Pro" would probably require it.

Frankly I could care less....but the rule is there and it"s up to APAT to enforce it...or not.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2010, 20:02:09 PM »
The "No Pros" ethos is up to players to self-police and many do. I know of 5-10 players who would love to play APAT £75s but don"t as they know they are not eligible

If we don"t know a player and have nothing to go on, we won"t necessarily spot a Pro in the field. The number of these that I am aware of in four seasons is less than 5, and they subsequently haven"t played the Amateur events

If we have concerns, we address it with the player, and have done so on several occasions

Of course there are no restrictions on Pro league or the team events

and, as has been said here already, its not the matter at hand. Shipping the Poker Million is, and good luck to him.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2010, 20:07:56 PM »
well if he ships this, then its fair to say he won be plying the £75s again. Good luck to him, no mater how much he has in his roll.

lol at people calling gus hansen a pro, He just makes his money from a % of shares in full tilt and also promotions etc.