Author Topic: League 2 Matchday 9 - 19/12/10  (Read 8640 times)

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: League 2 Matchday 9 - 19/12/10
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 00:41:50 AM »
another great matchday, and we secured 2 more points

Nellie finishing 2nd
Cikid 3rd
Curlarge 8th
Susiepea 9th

League is so close now - 17points Luton, 14points Notts, 12 Points Sunderland.

We need 1 more point in the final game on the 9th Jan 2011.  Or we can win league if Nottingham fail to win

Player notes could come in handy.

Should we win the league, then remember the top 4 in the player scores win the individual prizes on offer from APAT/Betfair.

Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 01:29:38 AM »
Congratulations to Nellie and Achim on excellent performances.

I must say however that I have become increasingly concerned and annoyed at the attitude of a couple of our players.

In game 8 I was dogged by Ludo whatever his name is, who seemed to not care one jot about his team members and tonight we had Shonky playing for himself and hinself only. He even went so far to say that if he is expected to "play for the team" someone should pay him to play.

I want to say ALOT more but in the interests of the team and out of respect to Waz and JP I will bite my tongue.

Let"s hope week 10 sees more sense used.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 03:03:41 AM »

I must say however that I have become increasingly concerned and annoyed at the attitude of a couple of our players.

In game 8 I was dogged by Ludo whatever his name is, who seemed to not care one jot about his team members and tonight we had Shonky playing for himself and hinself only. He even went so far to say that if he is expected to "play for the team" someone should pay him to play.

I want to say ALOT more but in the interests of the team and out of respect to Waz and JP I will bite my tongue.

Agree I always have in mind it is team play. Fortunately today I didnt have so many Luton players on my table until near the end but I have noticed this before. I will only play a hand I feel I would definately win against our team and have folded some good hands if a team mate has bet high.

Shonky

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 12:08:04 PM »

tonight we had Shonky playing for himself and hinself only. He even went so far to say that if he is expected to "play for the team" someone should pay him to play.

and then later i folded AK to a luton player who shoved against my raise preflop instead of limping in, and flat called and checked down top pair higher kicker to our captain when i could have bet for extra value if i"d have thought waz might call.  but i didn"t ... why is that?  the hand you seem to have a problem with was when you checked every street with bottom pair top kicker and then moaned at me because i tried to steal in position when villain had me beat... maybe if you"d gone after the pot you"d have won it??? its not like i knew what you had is it??  Anyway i called this same villain later in the tourney and almost took him out, which is more than you"d managed to acheive limping and flatting when you were SAT RIGHT NEXT TO HIM!

soft play is weak play.  IMO

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 14:29:31 PM »
Hi.... actually it wasnt Richard that bemoaned you betting with air against (zukertort) it was me that "sighed" (fandangooo) when i had checked in position to see if my bottom pair with A kicker would take the pot if you both checked.. as it was zukertort played the hand correctly and also checked bottom pair Q kicker.. you betting with air just gave him more value and  chips imo to call.. when you was last to act,, your AT had showdown value against both our hands as we was in sb/bb.. as you limped in late pos i only made up the BB to see if team tatics could add a few more chips to either our stacks. I think the thing that really upset Richard and also myself, was you stating that your playing with your bankroll and the most important thing was you cashing and making money. Myself my 1 goal in these tournies is to play for LUTON secure points and hopefully win promotion, cashing on the ft is just an added bonus. Soft play is never allowed and i will never soft play as it is stated in the rules that it is not accepted and players can be diqualified if the security department and software picks up on this.. hence me calling your all in with QQ v your AJ when you was short stacked soon after 1st break, and me moving all in versus Richard when i had made a set on a straightning board.. If i was playing soley to win money for my bankroll then i would be mad to play in these tournies as IMO they are the toughest fields to play as the standard is so high...
This is just my 2 penneth i hold no hard feelings to any players, as you have stated you pay with you own money and are entilted to play as you feel appropriate, i just wanted to air my feelings.. and correct you that indeed it was me and not Richard that "moaned".. hope everyone has a great christmas and a happy new year..

Carl
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Shonky

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 15:29:40 PM »
thanks for your reply and i apologise for this case of mistaken identity. 

However, i dont like being called out, in public, when I am more than happy to discuss play privately with team members.  Making a public show of this does not make any of us look any better.  Also, people shouldn"t be quite so quick to judge me without hearing my side of this, and based purely on what they see (or in this case DON"T see) at the table.  No-one has come to me previously to state what is expected of me, or to say they don"t think i"m playing in the right spirit, until now when i"m basically being told i"m not welcome at luton.  I only joined this club because it is the closest to my location, because thats what was stated in the rules.

Now i gather there is a lot of talk about me going on behind my back.  If you would like to include me in these deliberations i suggest you get in touch.

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 17:11:27 PM »
I think before this thread gets misunderstood i should firstly say i dont hold any grudges to any players especially those who signed up for Luton.
Im sorry if you think your not welcome to play for Luton, i have played a couple of seasons now and i can say hand on heart there are no members who snipe and are bitter they are all very friendly as i have met many of them at various live events..
I think the "bankroll" comment just touched on a nerve of me and Richard at the time,, its no biggie for me anymore.. i understand winning money is  fundemental important fact about playing this game .

Speaking only for myself.. i am more than happy you playing for Luton,, and would be upset if you thought i was talking about you behind your back.. the more players we have gives the team a bigger chance of overall success.

Please dont think you are being singled out... peace out and hope we meet up for a beer at a live APAT event

Carl
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2010, 17:17:03 PM »
In an attempt to cool things over...but no doubt burn more oil on the situ...

Poker is a individual game so I would never tell another player to play in a certain way....BUT these games are a Team Tournament and we all play for the same team.

Soft playing  / Collusion is a Big no-no, again BUT team tactics are another thing, when applied within the rules.

We are individuals and humans so will play in a different way in the same situ.  I know some players will fold in a heart beat to other team members big bet, despite having a big hand themselves because they are playing with team ethics in mind....others would snap call in the same heart beat...

Neither is wrong or right, personally I"d like the fold!   ;D..as my heart can"t take it sometimes!!

As said in another thread in Division 1 (yeah baby) things get heated when it comes to the end of a series, when big points and prizes are up for grabs.

Without knowing the hand in question between Shonky and Curlarge I can"t overly comment- that said I don"t feel it would be my place to state whether it was right or wrong to fold or call or raise or what ever happend.....other than from a personally point of view and a selfish one at that i guess I would want Luton to come first all the time, which isn"t pratical I know!

seems I have indeed just commented!  ::)

We all play for the same team..lets try to win as a team for the last game....go away on our January / Feb break and come back as 1 strong unit - bigger, bolded and ready for the big league!!!

Cheers,

Warren.
Carpe Diem

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 17:19:38 PM »

peace out and hope we meet up for a beer at a live APAT event

This  ;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 17:30:03 PM »

peace out and hope we meet up for a beer at a live APAT event

This  ;D

how do you set your laptop to detect certain words?   :D
Carpe Diem

RicayBoy

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2010, 17:38:55 PM »
Well played to those that got the points. Must admit although I had some luck in running, I was gutted with my (almost) exit as I couldn"t believe the guy (not Luton) could call off all his chips to an all in and a re-raise all-in with just AQ. Sigh.

I"m a bit in the middle on this team game thing. Sure of course we are a team and the goal is for team Luton to win, but as we are a strongly represented team you will often find that there are five or even six Lutonians on one table. I wouldn"t be trying too many exotic moves on team-mates and I would respect my team-mates (mentioning no names Achim ;-) ) three betting me early on, but there comes a point where you have to play strongly, especially if you are vulnerable to Non-Lutonians nicking your blinds.

BTW who wins if Notts get 3 and Heaven forbid we get nowt in the finale?
Proud Member of Team Luton

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 17:50:33 PM »

BTW who wins if Notts get 3 and Heaven forbid we get nowt in the finale?

amazingly it has fallen like this...

If the above happens we"ll have 17points each.  Rules state it"s a countback on 1st places

4-4

Then 2nd places

1-1

Then 3rd places

3-3!!!!!

So then it"s down to individual player totals, and which we are currently in front by 126 to 102. 

A lead of 24points, so Notts need to not only win the m"day 10, but win by scoring 25 points.  They have scored 24 and 22 in the last time games!!
Carpe Diem

Ludovician

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 18:12:24 PM »

some ones not a happy bunny
:"(

for your info Waz had mentioned that my play may not have been optimal from a team perpective
therefore i bothered to note all the luton players this week and act accordingly
i guess you need to understand that it may take a few weeks for us newbies to grasp the concept of "team play"

"In game 8 I was dogged by Ludo whatever his name is " its Ludovician  or you call call me "the twat from game 8 "       if you like  

Ludovician

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 18:15:16 PM »
Nellie
Cikid
Curlarge
Susiepea
congrats all

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2010, 19:03:37 PM »

"In game 8 I was dogged by Ludo whatever his name is " its Ludovician  or you call call me "the twat from game 8 "       if you like  

I prefer he who scored points in Matchday 8!  and you make a good point about newbies, but I wouldn"t wish to change the way you play poker, just to be aware of other Team mates is a reasonable assumption to expect as your part of that team too.

In the same manner as to know whom the Notts and Sunderland players are.
Carpe Diem