Author Topic: professional player wins AMATEUR poker association & tour (apat) team event  (Read 26282 times)

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member

Quote from: TightEnd
November 11, 2010, 02:53:32 pm

Quote from: Jon MW
November 11, 2010, 12:49:30 pm
Just wanted to check something.

This is the UK Team Championship, it isn"t the Amateur UK Team Championship - so am I right in assuming that professionals can play if they want to?

yes. Look forward to Messrs Channing, Persaud and the rest then!

;D

you dont even get the irony in his answer do you?

its an event organised by the Apat for the AmateurPAT so how can anybody justify a pro playing.

for the record i was on his table quite alot of the time and i thought he was a nice lad. then again so was Suriner Sunar when i was on his table in the IPO but that wasnt the AIPO.

Apat also held the Pro league for the AmateurPAT - should that not have had pro"s playing it?
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

jaysdad

• Bronze Member

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Damn, this invalidates the entire result. We can"t have that, Rich & Leigh, we needs to redo the whole thing next month please.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

jaysdad

• Bronze Member

This is the UK Team Championship, it isn"t the Amateur UK Team Championship - so am I right in assuming that professionals can play if they want to?

;D

its an event organised by the Apat for the AmateurPAT so how can anybody justify a pro playing.

for the record i was on his table quite alot of the time and i thought he was a nice lad. then again so was Suriner Sunar when i was on his table in the IPO but that wasnt the AIPO.

Apat also held the Pro league for the AmateurPAT - should that not have had pro"s playing it?

i think the clue is in the word dont you?

all im saying with this thread is that i dont think its fair that a player who regards himself as "pro" should be able to play in an Amateur event.

Mr Bogus

Nice lad whatever the ramblings!

100% agree. And he was sinking a fair few pints along the way.

jaysdad

• Bronze Member

Damn, this invalidates the entire result. We can"t have that, Rich & Leigh, we needs to redo the whole thing next month please.

will i still be able to play?

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Jaysdad,

Tightend (Richard Prew - media director of APAT) and Chipaccrual (Leigh Wiltshire - eh the guy that does all Des's work) have both made it clear in this thread that pros are welcome to play this event. This has always been the case for this event.

The previous discussions you refer to are talking about all other events in the APAT calender (except of course the pro series)

Time to accept and move on IMO.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member

;D

i think the clue is in the word dont you?

all im saying with this thread is that i dont think its fair that a player who regards himself as "pro" should be able to play in an Amateur event.

sigh that"s what I was saying. You"re suggesting that it has to be an amateur event just because it"s organised by APAT.

I was demonstrating that APAT don"t only organise amateur events - so if APAT say it"s open and not an amateur event there"s absolutely no reason to argue otherwise.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

jaysdad

• Bronze Member

Jaysdad,

Tightend (Richard Prew - media director of APAT) and Chipaccrual (Leigh Wiltshire - eh the guy that does all Des's work) have both made it clear in this thread that pros are welcome to play this event. This has always been the case for this event.

The previous discussions you refer to are talking about all other events in the APAT calender (except of course the pro series)

counts for nothing!

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

Jaysdad,

counts for nothing!

OK, I was trying to be helpful, and I"m not one to start and argument, but please explain why would my opinion would not count?

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
What counts for nothing. I organise apat"s live events and this was an open event. All players eligible. Jaysdad this is now the fourth time on this thread you have been told this

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
What do you think of this play then, worthy of a pro? With about 25 left he raises with AJ, gets re raised by the CL, and pushes for his tournament life. CL shows pocket tens, and Niall ( i think thats his name) binks an ace. A lot of chat on the rails about this play, would you push for your life with AJ?
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Also TBH, bring "em on, its great to play against better players.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor

Also TBH, bring "em on, its great to play against better players.

Amen!
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

What do you think of this play then, worthy of a pro? With about 25 left he raises with AJ, gets re raised by the CL, and pushes for his tournament life. CL shows pocket tens, and Niall ( i think thats his name) binks an ace. A lot of chat on the rails about this play, would you push for your life with AJ?

I would  ;D