Author Topic: professional player wins AMATEUR poker association & tour (apat) team event  (Read 26333 times)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
What were the chip stacks for the AJ hand?

Andy Young (pocket tens) with a stack of about 250K called Niall"s (AJ) shove for about 100K
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva

The OP had a perfectly valid question to ask, which has been answered.

Let"s not get into any sort of slanging match here.

And if you must start a slanging match, I don"t want to see any professional slangers posting.   ;)

From urban dictionary:

Slanger: A slanger is a cominbined noun, slut + banger, referring to one who bangs sluts, like Lou Ferigno.

I think we need an APAT definition of a professional slanger  :o

From an OP complaining about an ineligible player to the incredible hulk banging sluts, in just three pages.  That is some quality subject changing.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member

What counts for nothing. I organise apat"s live events and this was an open event. All players eligible. Jaysdad this is now the fourth time on this thread you have been told this

Obviously my opinion counts for nothing all i did was express that i was angry about a "pro" winning what i think should be an Amateur event. im probably not the only one to think like this. but if nobody else posts that they agree with me then i guess im wrong and your all right. thinking im probably not gonna get picked for a team next year (hopefuly i will be a pro by then and "not" be eligble  ;D)

Everybody"s opinion counts, but I can"t really see why you"re angry. It was a team event with a small buy in and not exactly fortunes to be won, I think most of us played for the challenge and the fun of the event rather than anything else, and thats my opinion. ;)

Niall played for the alcohol

There were 3 professionals in the original team that I picked for Black Belt, one decided he was going to play the GUKPT instead, one got picked by Neil Channing from the grading to play for Black Belt at the Aussie Millions (Sam Ravazi who finished 6th) - Niall was the only I got to keep and that was after he told me that he"d play the APAT event instead of the GUKPT if I could be guarantee there"d be plenty of opportunity for drinking. With the players and teams we have, that was a pretty easy promise to make. :D

-----

What were the chip stacks for the AJ hand?

I think CL had about 220K and Niall had 120k ish, blinds maybe 3/6k but don"t quote me.

I reckon it"s all about the re-shoving range. The chip leader folds a fair amount of his raising range to a re-shove, and most of the range he calls with you"re still only flipping; the part of the range he calls with when you"re crushed is small enough compared to the rest of his raising hand that it"s an unexploitable profitable reshove.*

*he didn"t mention this hand specifically but this explanation may be a little influenced with the strategy that Niall and a few others were talking about after the tournament was over**

** there"s no guarantee that I kept up with their analysis, so for all I know he might just have called because he fancied busting out and getting drunk :D
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
From an OP complaining about an ineligible player to the incredible hulk banging sluts, in just three pages.  That is some quality subject changing.

Thread drift is mandatory  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

Thread drift is mandatory  ;)

and getting a dig in about AJ is standard too

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

I reckon it"s all about the re-shoving range. The chip leader folds a fair amount of his raising range to a re-shove, and most of the range he calls with you"re still only flipping; the part of the range he calls with when you"re crushed is small enough compared to the rest of his raising hand that it"s an unexploitable profitable reshove.*

*he didn"t mention this hand specifically but this explanation may be a little influenced with the strategy that Niall and a few others were talking about after the tournament was over**

** there"s no guarantee that I kept up with their analysis, so for all I know he might just have called because he fancied busting out and getting drunk :D

Thanks Jon...that puts the capper on it.

Frankly this discussion is over. The OP has his answer...whether he likes it or not.

Anything else is opinion and probably a subject for another time.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva

Frankly this discussion is over. The OP has his answer...whether he likes it or not.

You always say that.  Can"t we carry on?  I had something about sandwiches I wanted to say.  

jaysdad

• Bronze Member

if im honest paulieD gave me my answer just after i started the thread in a PM ive just been trying to have a giggle which ive managed. i think this is a decent thread lol

JonMW i think you know who i am and yes we were on the same team last year and i do think your a nice fella and im sorry about the lord of the rings comment in the thmf forum.

for those who dont know who i am im the player who returnd to day 2 with 5400 chips
i thank you all
and
goodnight

Jon (vice cpt of the hendon mob team.)

if you see me at another event please feel free to buy me a beer for keeping you entertained.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

You always say that.  Can"t we carry on?  I had something about sandwiches I wanted to say. 

Hey, feel free..but can you give me a minute or two to get some popcorn done?

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
    • La boca de la cueva

Hey, feel free..but can you give me a minute or two to get some popcorn done?

It doesn"t matter now I"ve forgotten.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
We could talk about the Beef Stroganoff?

At least we"d definitely all agree on that one
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

jaysdad

• Bronze Member

We could talk about the Beef Stroganoff?

At least we"d definitely all agree on that one

it was beef?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

Also TBH, bring "em on, its great to play against better players.

Thanks
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

Also TBH, bring "em on, its great to play against better players.

Thanks

Present company excepted of course.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
We had a pro on my table too...  It just so happened that the night before, I took him out of the in-house G Bolton tournament in 6th place.  Never knew then who he was but read up since that he has been a pro for 3 years..  We had a pro in our team last year, and he did not do very well tbh, lol.  It was all part of the rules.  They mke a good target for us amateurs, or was that amatuers for the Elite team LOL
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.