Author Topic: Advice Please  (Read 13619 times)

cgull69

• Bronze Member
Re: Advice Please
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2011, 03:01:00 AM »
Yes I do appreciate all the helpful posts, and if anyone who made a meaningful contribution is going to the BF live event in London this weekend come and see me and I will buy you a beer to show my appreciation. If not catch up with me at the next APAT event for the same.

And Tony if you are a good boy I will get someone to bring you a coke and a bag of crisps whilst you wait in the car.

With that I feel it is time to draw a line through this thread.

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 16:24:27 PM »
BOARD - J 9 9 9 A
hero bets AA on river
villain re-raises all in, 1 simple question ""is he betting for value""

if you think yes then what with - obvious JJ [3 combos] and obvious he"ll do it with a 9 [9Ts 1combo 89s 1combo] we will discount AJ TJ etc because of the ace river...
obvious conclusion based on his position and what some would think a good player might call in position

the 3bet was rather small pre-flop 150 more to call and villain has position, if villain is a tad looser pre than what we assume then if you widen his 3bet call range to include A9s J9s 97s then that changes his bet for value range -
JJ - 3COMBO , 9Ts - 1COMBO , 89s - 1COMBO , A9s - 1COMBO , J9s - 1COMBO , 97s - 1COMBO

go back through the bet pattern -
villain bets/calls 3bet J99 flop , hero bets villain calls - what fits?
turn - 9 - hero checks , villain checks - what fits? would villain make a bet here with JJ? or 9x?
river - A - hero bets, villain re-raises with? is he betting for value? what fits?

if villain is good what would he perceive heroes range to be on the river to re-raise all in based on the action pre and post plus how the board panned out?

1 simple question if we think he is betting for value  ""what is villain value betting""

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=51871.0
is villain value betting? there are a few more reads in this one :)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 16:29:36 PM »

Yes I do appreciate all the helpful posts, and if anyone who made a meaningful contribution is going to the BF live event in London this weekend come and see me and I will buy you a beer to show my appreciation. If not catch up with me at the next APAT event for the same.

And Tony if you are a good boy I will get someone to bring you a coke and a bag of crisps whilst you wait in the car.

Don"t worry about Tony.  He"s got all his medals now, so struggles on things to post about.   ;D

Most of the threads in the academy create interesting debate.  And there is never a perfect strategy to play, so opinions will always be at the forefront of many a reply.

See you in London.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 18:33:49 PM »

i havnt got the one for winning the league AGAIN

Don"t worry about Tony.  He"s got all his medals now, so struggles on things to post about.   ;D

Most of the threads in the academy create interesting debate.  And there is never a perfect strategy to play, so opinions will always be at the forefront of many a reply.

See you in London.
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 19:02:45 PM »
That"s because there aren"t medals for the online league this season.

You"ll just have to make do with your GUKPT seat instead.   ;D

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 10:27:25 AM »
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

not really boverd anyhow  am a boverd ...

NO
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 14:05:13 PM by jbworldwide »
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 16:16:01 PM »

Your signature gives the lie to that statement.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 17:40:35 PM »

Your signature gives the lie to that statement.
YEAH...BUT NO....BUT YEAH ...BUT  NO ,,ERRR...... BUT

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 17:21:58 PM »

That"s because there aren"t medals for the online league this season.

You"ll just have to make do with your GUKPT seat instead.   ;D

Awww, but that would have been my first gold.  :"(

Not fair, not playing any more, taking my ball and i"m going home!