Author Topic: Time for a change  (Read 10960 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Time for a change
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 08:54:54 AM »

The position isn"t reserved for the Team Champs as such but it is very difficult to frame a picture in that space and the modest me would say we were very lucky with that particular shot.

960 x 200....couldn"t be hard to find a generic APAT shot what could be tweaked in Photoshop.

Why would I want to find a generic branding shot when the perfect shot is currently in place?

Wiiiiiiii - good call Des.  ;D

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »

Makes no difference to me if it's last years picture or this years winners  ;)

Blatant brag  :D

You have to admire the foresight and planning that went into this though... to deliberately sabotage every single team photograph (ie make them appear to have been taken at the bottom of a coal mine during a power cut), to ensure the continued use of the existing picture...  ;D
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2011, 11:34:54 AM »

Why would I want to find a generic branding shot when the perfect shot is currently in place?

Perhaps because you"d like the website to be relevant and up to date?

Don"t you hate sites with out of date information...I know I do?

How about just a beauty shot of the three medals that can be won?...I"ll have a rummage around Picasa...there must be something.

EDIT: Oops...no need.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 11:58:25 AM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2011, 12:01:39 PM »
Okay, this is making me laugh now.

I"m sure Des is aware that some of the site may need a slight revamp in places, and it is on a "to do" list, but there is a lot going on in the background at the moment (and we were trying to have a quietish month before announcing season 5)

The only real issue I see with the team pic at the top of the forum regarding being upto date is this :-

Now, it"s hardly Des" fault that Sara has decided to change her hair colour (Actually Steve Redfern has gone for the same tone colour, but that"s not an issue regarding the photo  ;) )

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »
Class photo that. Good photography

p.s does Paullie D have a death wish?

It"s a hectic week, and he is tweaking the boss"s tail...

ashhen

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2011, 12:52:59 PM »
In the interests of keeping the peace between last year"s winners and this year"s winners... why not use the photo of the victorious team orange from the first APAT team championships?

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2011, 12:56:22 PM »

In the interests of keeping the peace between last year"s winners and this year"s winners... why not use the photo of the victorious team orange from the first APAT team championships?

Now that was another great pic.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 13:01:55 PM »
I think it shud be of the NI Team.  Duno y, have no good reason...

tbh - I dnt think it really matter what picture is there.  The one now has APAT logos, a trophy and cheesey grins which seems to do the trick well :)
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 13:02:45 PM »

You"re missing the point..I am NOT suggesting or requesting that the pic be changed to this year"s winners...in fact I have stated the opposite on a couple of occasions.

All I am suggesting is that the current picture IS out of date and that, no matter how good a branding shot it is, I feel that having the banner shot be current is better than something that is sooooo last year. ;D

End.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 13:14:58 PM »

Perhaps because you"d like the website to be relevant and up to date?

Don"t you hate sites with out of date information...I know I do?

How about just a beauty shot of the three medals that can be won?...I"ll have a rummage around Picasa...there must be something.

EDIT: Oops...no need.

Those header spaces are much more about encouraging new traffic to go ahead and join than to showcase anything particularly current.  By default they will be current for anyone new browsing the site.  The cup and medals shot is in use on the home page and those two images are very complimentary.  
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 13:20:15 PM »

You"re missing the point..I am NOT suggesting or requesting that the pic be changed to this year"s winners...in fact I have stated the opposite on a couple of occasions.

All I am suggesting is that the current picture IS out of date and that, no matter how good a branding shot it is, I feel that having the banner shot be current is better than something that is sooooo last year. ;D

End.

so adding "2010" would resolve your concern then?

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 13:41:54 PM »

End.

so adding "2010" would resolve your concern then?

Actually, removing the text as a whole would solve the whole thing

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2011, 13:55:37 PM »
I think I may have surpassed the brief :)
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2011, 13:59:21 PM »

I think I may have surpassed the brief :)

OMG I think my sides are going to burst.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2011, 14:22:23 PM »
How about a picture of a pineapple?