Author Topic: What's your aim when you play online cash?  (Read 7041 times)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Re: What's your aim when you play online cash?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2011, 19:44:38 PM »
how come monkeyman???

i agree that tracker softwear helps, but durrrr, OMGclay and a whole bunch of others who started in the lowstakes have said that they have never used a HUD. Do you base it on the fact that the games are tougher now than 5 yrs ago?

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2011, 15:05:17 PM »

how come monkeyman???

i agree that tracker softwear helps, but durrrr, OMGclay and a whole bunch of others who started in the lowstakes have said that they have never used a HUD. Do you base it on the fact that the games are tougher now than 5 yrs ago?

It"s not true to say don"t even think about playing them unless you are prepared to buy tracking software.

Realistically why would you not use it. It aids multi-tabling a lot and lets you see what players are 3-betting light and what their raising range is to allow you to optimally play your hand against their range. You can find weak players easily without really needing to watch the table.

Overall I would say if you use a site that allows tracking software then you should be using it.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2011, 16:50:58 PM »
Rule 1        Always leave a table if you have more cash than the remainder added together

Rule 2        Definately get a HUD it will assist you more than watching the type of opposition your up against and the ranges and styles

Yes the games are getting harder even the sharks are playing 10/20 c, and 25/50c.

As already stated find the Russians, lovely loose and aggresive and will call with F.All

Greeks are also good food

Happy hunting

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2011, 19:15:57 PM »

I"ve never really bothered with cash games online too much, but recently started playing some micro stakes just for a bit of fun and to see how my game holds up.

At such small stakes I"m playing a lot of hands, limping where I can then either getting lucky, bullying or folding depending on my position. When I do get a hand I make sure I get well paid if anyone does call. I"m not too worried about how right or wrong my tactics/game is but would just like to get some replies to the following questions:

• Do you sit down to the table with the maximum buy-in allowed?

• Would you sit down at a table with some big stacks already there or steer clear and pick a table with fairly average/level stacks?

• Do you tend to go with a plan to play for a certain amount of time/hands or do you aim to double up/treble up then get out?

• Finally, if you are happy to reveal what level you tend to play it will give me an insight to peoples "goals" at different levels play

Thanks in advance to those who reply!

Just to add to my earlier post

1) Always sit with the max buyin, but there is nothing wrong with leaving if you get deep stacked and there are other equally deep stacked players at the table and finding a new table and buying in for 100BB. In a lot of cases this is good bankroll management

2) If you have bought in for 100BB and everybody has near too or at least that big stacks don"t make any difference to you unless you recognize them as strong players

3) Go in and play for a certain amount of time. I usually multi table for 90 minutes then take a 30 minute break.

4) 10p/20p and 15p/30p on Sky Poker - small player base and beatable regs. No tracking software though
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Zozzy

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2011, 00:47:16 AM »
If you buy-in for the max and double up for example on 888poker, you can move to another table with the same chips.
You are not allowed to immediately join the new table with a reduced amount of chips even if it is the original max buy-in amount.
England Team member WCOAP 2017
APAT Christmas Cracker winner 2016
Gold Medal-2012 Scottish Online Championship
Player of the Series October 2012
Silver Medal-2011 English Amateur Poker Championship

Twitter @CraigZozzy