Author Topic: Las Vegas Team Challenge clash with APAT Cardiff  (Read 5036 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Las Vegas Team Challenge clash with APAT Cardiff
« on: March 17, 2011, 19:18:18 PM »
Just realised that APAT Cardiff has been moved to 28/29 May which clashes with the live final of the Las Vegas Team Challenge competition - and I know there are a huge number of regular APATers playing in that.

Was this realised when the change was made?  Would it be an issue if it was known?   Is the date now finalised as 28/29 May or is there a chance it might change again?  

Just wondering - all those APATers currently playing in LVTC.... will you be sticking with it now that APAT Cardiff has been moved to clash, or will you be favouring the APAT event?

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Las Vegas Team Challenge clash with APAT Cardiff
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 19:22:23 PM »
I know of 6 APAT"ers (some of which are regulars) that will not be playing the LVTC this time round.

Live final points structure was just ridiculous.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 19:24:03 PM »
Insofar as the Las Vegas Team Challenge isn"t linked to APAT, I see no reason why APAT should change their plans.

Get some new blood in...be good all round.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 19:26:12 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 19:25:25 PM »

Apart from the fact that it paid points down to 100 instead of 50, it was exactly the same points structure as APAT team event....

WASP

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 21:41:03 PM »
I don"t know anyone playing it this time I thought the last one was a joke and I felt a little bit ripped off at the end of it not to mention the poor organisation....but if it gets me out of going to Cardiff where do I sign up?
Rear of the year 1991
Pipe smoker of the year 1998

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 08:11:52 AM »

Apart from the fact that it paid points down to 100 instead of 50, it was exactly the same points structure as APAT team event....

50 instead of 100 is a BIG difference. As is 4 players from 6 scoring as opposed to 8.

oh, and there"s also the fact the cost of the buy-in"s if you play them all is more than the cost of other tourneys where you can win packages to Vegas.

Anyway, I agree with Paulie, why should APAT change it? There are 1000s of APAT"ers that will be available to play. and some potential new members too. It"s not as if APAt have had trouble selling seats in the past.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2011, 09:07:28 AM »

Anyway, I agree with Paulie, why should APAT change it? There are 1000s of APAT"ers that will be available to play. and some potential new members too. It"s not as if APAt have had trouble selling seats in the past.

Stuart/Paulie..... Who has asked APAT to change the date? Not seen that post/question, but you"ve got all defensive about it, so guess you must have read it somewhere.

My OP asked if there was any likelihood that the date might change again or if it is now fixed - remember it has already changed once since the calendar was announced earlier this month.  I will probably drop out of the Team Challenge in favour of playing the APAT event - however I wanted to know that the APAT date is completely finalised and fixed before making that decision.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2011, 09:34:36 AM »

Stuart/Paulie..... Who has asked APAT to change the date? Not seen that post/question, but you"ve got all defensive about it, so guess you must have read it somewhere.

My OP asked if there was any likelihood that the date might change again or if it is now fixed - remember it has already changed once since the calendar was announced earlier this month.  I will probably drop out of the Team Challenge in favour of playing the APAT event - however I wanted to know that the APAT date is completely finalised and fixed before making that decision.

Wasn"t trying to be defensive Steve, just like I"m sure you"re now not being defensive about your OP ;)

I never said anyone asked to change it, I was just asking why should they.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 09:39:11 AM »

I never said anyone asked to change it, I was just asking why should they.

They have changed it once already - due to a clash with another sporting event. I just want to know if there is any chance it might be changed again before I decommit from the Team Challenge event.    sigh.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »
I was aware both before and after changing the date

Had to change because of the unavailability of hotel space in Cardiff on Speedway day

Wherever possible we"ve put APAT events on the last weekend of every month. Why? Well when I was working out the calendar this was the weekend usually free of GUKPT, UKIPT, DTD etc events which were already announced through 2011

and I thought it would be useful for everyone to know when to expect APAT events...be known for a certain weekend when you can expect an APAT

That said, the schedule in UK Poker is ever more crowded...and clashes are inevitable...there is a big one with the WCOAP for example where two sets of organisers (we were one) chose a clear date and then clashed unaware what the other had coming up!

More and more formats, competitions, providers etc

Good news for the players, and hopefully APAT's players will be loyal to what we"ve created innit. Or else I am coming round to raid your fridge, and beer cupboard.

After all, we run the best team events (and deepstacks, and new formats), don"t we? and there is going to be a corker at Luton in October

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 10:52:02 AM »

Just realised that APAT Cardiff has been moved to 28/29 May which clashes with the live final of the Las Vegas Team Challenge competition - and I know there are a huge number of regular APATers playing in that.

Was this realised when the change was made?  Would it be an issue if it was known?   Is the date now finalised as 28/29 May or is there a chance it might change again?  

Just wondering - all those APATers currently playing in LVTC.... will you be sticking with it now that APAT Cardiff has been moved to clash, or will you be favouring the APAT event?

It"s also the Poker for Heroes tourney at DTD that weekend as well, which I was going to support but now sadly cannot.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 11:56:39 AM »

Good news for the players, and hopefully APAT's players will be loyal to what we"ve created innit. Or else I am coming round to raid your fridge, and beer cupboard.

I will be loyal - honest