Author Topic: Pasword for APAT tournaments  (Read 28539 times)

samuel_9

• Gold Member
Re: Pasword for APAT tournaments
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2011, 21:44:41 PM »
there seems to be alot of people in bad form at the start of season 5 CHEERUP its a freindly game of cards and a bit of banter...........................Now heres how we cure this.. Firstly ill take some photos of myself YES i said myself ..Now when i come to play cards ill sign the photos YOUS can pay me $5 for 1 then when you get home have it enlarged stick it on your bedroom sealing now when your wife looks at ME and turns to YOU and says my god ugly..............Now thats what i call a $5 rake...............please pay by email ;)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2011, 21:48:10 PM »

there seems to be alot of people in bad form at the start of season 5 CHEERUP its a freindly game of cards and a bit of banter...........................Now heres how we cure this.. Firstly ill take some photos of myself YES i said myself ..Now when i come to play cards ill sign the photos YOUS can pay me $5 for 1 then when you get home have it enlarged stick it on your bedroom sealing now when your wife looks at ME and turns to YOU and says my god ugly..............Now thats what i call a $5 rake...............please pay by email ;)

sheer class Ray  :D

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2011, 22:16:07 PM »

never ever bite the hand that feeds you
ths is just another way of saying the APAT orgainizers do there best for US not them selves and all the bickering should not happen jmo .

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2011, 22:25:44 PM »
I wish people would stop with saying that people are bickering or arguing, its actually winding me up more than the discussion itself..

never ever bite the hand that feeds you
ths is just another way of saying the APAT orgainizers do there best for US not them selves and all the bickering should not happen jmo .

Carl made a point, myself and others made other points which were different . Its an open forum that"s what happens on forums.. Carl is not in a bad mood, he"s not having a go, he is making a point.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, 23:04:35 PM »

Carl made a point, myself and others made other points which were different . Its an open forum that"s what happens on forums.. Carl is not in a bad mood, he"s not having a go, he is making a point.

Thanks Daf..!!  Spot on..!!
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2011, 23:17:07 PM »

Thanks Daf..!!  Spot on..!!

No problem Carl, I just wish people would not see a discussion as an argument or bickering.. Its seems that people have lost the will to discuss things, or class those with a different view as wrong. I answered in disagreement with what you said, but it does not mean we are arguing or bickering..

Its like a school playground sometimes when people have their own views on things..

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2011, 00:13:25 AM »
Can I ask that there is a list published prior to the first league match which shows who is playing for which team and what their 888 alias is, as well as their APAT alias, so we know who everyone is?
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2011, 00:16:45 AM »

Can I ask that there is a list published prior to the first league match which shows who is playing for which team and what their 888 alias is, as well as their APAT alias, so we know who everyone is?

It will be like 10 people in each team and then 500 people in team West Midlands - we stand no chance at all.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2011, 00:32:58 AM »

It will be like 10 people in each team and then 500 people in team West Midlands - we stand no chance at all.

Boing Boing, and all that.  >:(

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2011, 07:59:19 AM »

Its like a school playground sometimes.

:D

There is not a great deal of difference between the volume of players "signed" for West Mids as there is "signed" for Solent.... and I"d be surprised if there was any significant difference between the number who start the first tourney for each team.....

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2011, 08:02:45 AM »

It will be like 10 people in each team and then 500 people in team West Midlands - we some of us stand no chance at all.

FYP.  ;)
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2011, 10:38:16 AM »

It will be like 10 people in each team and then 500 people in team West Midlands - we some of us stand no chance at all.

FYP.  ;)

I"m sure warren will have more players turning out for Luton than anyone else. His rallying calls last year were amazing!! ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2011, 10:44:21 AM »

There is not a great deal of difference between the volume of players "signed" for West Mids as there is "signed" for Solent.... and I"d be surprised if there was any significant difference between the number who start the first tourney for each team.....

There is a HUGE difference..!!  If you have 100 people signed up for your team, and manage to drum up half of those to play each week...  Then the teams who have 30 signed up who also manage to drum up half are at a massive disadvantage.  Flooding a team game with massive numbers is always going to put numbers of people in the points scoring positions..  May I say, Like last season...  And now, you have been made bigger with the addition of the Birmingham team, who my have had a low turnout last season, might actually get more players now that they are in a larger team with more chance of winning.

Its all about numbers, more in the squad gives you more chance of high turnout, gives you more chance of winning the highest points each week.  I am honestly surprised that the joining of 2 teams together was allowed..  Different story if it was 2 of the very small teams to make one team similar in size to the other teams.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2011, 11:13:09 AM »

There is a HUGE difference..!!  If you have 100 people signed up for your team, and manage to drum up half of those to play each week...  Then the teams who have 30 signed up who also manage to drum up half are at a massive disadvantage.  Flooding a team game with massive numbers is always going to put numbers of people in the points scoring positions..  May I say, Like last season...  And now, you have been made bigger with the addition of the Birmingham team, who my have had a low turnout last season, might actually get more players now that they are in a larger team with more chance of winning.

Its all about numbers, more in the squad gives you more chance of high turnout, gives you more chance of winning the highest points each week.  I am honestly surprised that the joining of 2 teams together was allowed..  Different story if it was 2 of the very small teams to make one team similar in size to the other teams.

Carl you missed my point. I do agree that teams with bigger lists of players will likely have more players per tournament, and therefore a greater chance of success..... and for that reason, I hope Leigh's new approach to scoring will help to redress or balance.

BUT, the comment I made that you quoted, was that there is not great deal of difference between the volume of players "signed" for West Mids as there is "signed" for Solent.   I wasn"t comparing to any other teams - was merely responding to John Murray"s earlier remark.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2011, 11:30:07 AM »

BUT, the comment I made that you quoted, was that there is not great deal of difference between the volume of players "signed" for West Mids as there is "signed" for Solent.   I wasn"t comparing to any other teams - was merely responding to John Murray"s earlier remark.

I must have missed something.  I just checked back and cannot see a post from John Murray mentioning Solent or anything?