Author Topic: Pasword for APAT tournaments  (Read 28490 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Pasword for APAT tournaments
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2011, 11:45:20 AM »

BUT, the comment I made that you quoted, was that there is not great deal of difference between the volume of players "signed" for West Mids as there is "signed" for Solent.   I wasn"t comparing to any other teams - was merely responding to John Murray"s earlier remark.

I must have missed something.  I just checked back and cannot see a post from John Murray mentioning Solent or anything?

there are several other threads on which this is being discussed - one of them was a message from John congratulating West Mids in advance on their S5 victory..... plus several others commenting on the disparity in general.  Apologies if I"ve commented on the wrong thread.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »
Back to the original post and questions raised.

The Online National League will be password protected, as players need to sign up to a club prior to playing.  Otherwise, it becomes an absolute admin nightmare.

As for all other APAT tourneys on 888poker, there are no plans to stick passwords on them.  Everyone is welcome to play the APAT events whether they are actively involved on the APAT website or not.

It would be great for every player to get more involved in the community side of things, but we understand that this is not for everyone, and wouldn"t wish to alienate any of our members.

And to be fair, last season, the password became quite well known.   ;D

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2011, 11:48:15 AM »

there are several other threads on which this is being discussed - one of them was a message from John congratulating West Mids in advance on their S5 victory..... plus several others commenting on the disparity in general.  Apologies if I"ve commented on the wrong thread.

I have not seen any other threads.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2011, 11:54:34 AM »

The Online National League will be password protected, as players need to sign up to a club prior to playing.  Otherwise, it becomes an absolute admin nightmare.

As for all other APAT tourneys on 888poker, there are no plans to stick passwords on them.  Everyone is welcome to play the APAT events whether they are actively involved on the APAT website or not.

It would be great for every player to get more involved in the community side of things, but we understand that this is not for everyone, and wouldn"t wish to alienate any of our members.

I dont see any reason not to allow randoms to play in the APAT online games (Except the team games of course), but, I think it would be to the benefit of APAT, financially and for future sponsorship talks, to get the new players forum-registered as it would eventually benefit APAT as a business to have a larger collection of forum members.  Even if some of the new members are just in and out for one game, SOME are gonna stay around..
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 11:56:03 AM »

try here:

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?board=59.0
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »
i agree that it is not neccessary to have passwords for the big games however i think the value added seats etc ( that are being paid for by us through the rake etc) should go to to the highest finishing APAT member - something like a last longer competition. when registering for the tournament it does say see the APAT  website for details. so if there is a condition that one must be a member of APAT before the start of the tournament in order to win any value added prizes and membership is free i feel it could cover any probs of a non member just randomly late reging to try win the added seat

I dont see any reason not to allow randoms to play in the APAT online games (Except the team games of course), but, I think it would be to the benefit of APAT, financially and for future sponsorship talks, to get the new players forum-registered as it would eventually benefit APAT as a business to have a larger collection of forum members.  Even if some of the new members are just in and out for one game, SOME are gonna stay around..

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2011, 12:12:07 PM »

your not looking hard enough

try here:

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?board=59.0

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2011, 12:19:13 PM »
JayTee has a good point.  Maybe APAT should make it a necessity to register for APAT or dont win the added value..

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »
Excellent idea JayTee

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2011, 12:34:42 PM »
It is a good idea, however, everyone that has an 888poker account, effectively is a member of APAT.

APAT membership is free.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »

Its like a school playground sometimes when people have their own views on things..

I know you are you said you are but what am i?  :P

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2011, 12:43:01 PM »

It is a good idea, however, everyone that has an 888poker account, effectively is a member of APAT.

APAT membership is free.
O

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2011, 12:45:20 PM »

APAT membership is free.

interesting that you should mention that. if this is the case i feel 888 should send an email to all their members stating that they have taken  APAT on board this year with an intro about APAT as well as the appropriate links. can also mention added value, ideals etc. also mention membership is free and encouraged just go to this link www.apat.com failure to reg before starting time of tournement.............UNLUCKY

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2011, 12:45:32 PM »

Can I ask that there is a list published prior to the first league match which shows who is playing for which team and what their 888 alias is, as well as their APAT alias, so we know who everyone is?

It will be like 10 people in each team and then 500 people in team West Midlands - we stand no chance at all.

Why would West Midlands suddenly have 500 players? We had less than some other teams last season and as i"ve pointed out roughly 47012 times our core team consists of around 10-15 main players. We won as 7 of those players were in the top 20 individual points.

Last game of the season we had 8 out of the 56 who played. Solent had 15. 33 played for other teams. Walsall won. Go figure.

So so bored of the old Walsall won because of their numbers argument. Love to see anyone who can actually back it up.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2011, 12:48:34 PM »

APAT membership is free.

Yet, those people have no idea who APAT is or even any clue that they are a member, so, if they were requested to singup to APAT forum as a final part of their membership?