Author Topic: APAT Bunch Of Fives Leaderboards on 888poker  (Read 85353 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: APAT Bunch Of Fives Leaderboards on 888poker
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 23:48:29 PM »

Don"t agree with the late reg at all but nevermind.... Just finished 5th... Very happy to make the final table.

Well played tonight Bill.

It"s a tough one, as we want as many players to have the chance to play as possible.  A 7pm start means a finish no later than 11pm on a weeknight, which I think suits people.  By offering a 60 minute late reg, we give those getting home later a chance to still buyin.

Just got to find a balance.  Great turnout guys.  Much appreciated.   ;D

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 00:03:05 AM »
110th? ? ? ?  :P x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 00:05:34 AM »

110th? ? ? ?  :P x

Clearly just giving everyone a chance!

Either that or await a subtle rule change where your finishing position equals the amount of points you get.  ;)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 00:07:48 AM »
silly game  ::)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 00:11:24 AM »
Nothing to see here.

Move along.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 00:21:29 AM »

Nothing to see here.

Move along.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lol
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »
I"m not a fan of late regging either to be honest. I know it"s a bit of fun and I understand the requirement to get the numbers up...

... but if you late regged at the last minute you bagged a minimum of 50 points - almost half the points on offer. I imagine that if an unscrupulous so-and-so did that every night they could do quite well.  ::)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

smasher37

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 12:07:19 PM »
Yes Im with you on that one i played for over four hours and to think that someone could have reg late and got half my points for coming in late and then just sitting out is a little bit galling but is there a way round this if we want to get numbers up.
Or is it a 888 thing the late reg? ??? ???
Certainly cant remember it before
Anyway i will be playing again tonight at 7 lol  ;D ;D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 12:24:11 PM »
It"s not an 888 thing, I requested it, to give players a chance to play, without it turning into a past midnight finish.

About 35 players late regged last night.  Not sure how many had been knocked out at the first break, but I"m guessing somewhere around the 30 mark.  We"ll keep an eye on it.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 12:30:37 PM »

I"m not a fan of late regging either to be honest. I know it"s a bit of fun and I understand the requirement to get the numbers up...

... but if you late regged at the last minute you bagged a minimum of 50 points - almost half the points on offer. I imagine that if an unscrupulous so-and-so did that every night they could do quite well.  ::)

Not quite. I did make it in at the last minute and found myself in 50th place, but there were 71 still in at the time, so I bagged myself a minimum of 71st. There is nothing unscrupulous about it. No-one will default into the top two places that way. In fact, I gave a bigger lead to the leaders than is wise if I want to take it down.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, 12:36:31 PM »
Please don"t remove late reg from any 888/APAT tournaments.  It helps people who get in late from work play, and also improves the numbers/prizepool.  Since the prizes are top heavy and consistent results are required (not mid-table), then I dnt see how its a big thing for this promotion.

ps - as its an option to everyone, surely those who thinks its an unfair advantage could late-reg themselves???
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, 12:37:53 PM »
Surpised people are seeing late regging as some kind of advantage. The reason i"m not playing this week is that the starts are too early as i"m having to work late and if I were to play i"d have to late reg to most games. That to me is a big disadvantage. I"m coming in short stacked and miles behind the leaders. Yes i may pick up points for finishing 30th - 50th but i doubt the top players are going to be topping the leaderboard with a bunch of mediocre finishes.

Late reg is available on most of the top sites and in lots of live games too but i avoid it unless i have to. It"s certainly not giving players an advantage.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2011, 12:40:31 PM »

as its an option to everyone, surely those who thinks its an unfair advantage could late-reg themselves???

Very good point.

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 13:45:06 PM »
There is nothing unscrupulous about it.

I"m sorry if that sounded like an accusation John, it was merely a hypothesis. I"m not having a go at yourself or anyone else. I just prefer to know the size of the field when a tourney begins.

If not having a late finish is a consideration, then it seems counterproductive to encourage the number of runners to swell by 30 or 40% (or possibly more), during the first hour. I"m just having a moan because I played crap last night, I feel rough and the Day Nurse tabs haven"t kicked in yet..  ;)
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2011, 13:47:53 PM »

There is nothing unscrupulous about it.

I"m sorry if that sounded like an accusation John, it was merely a hypothesis. I"m not having a go at yourself or anyone else. I just prefer to know the size of the field when a tourney begins.

If not having a late finish is a consideration, then it seems counterproductive to encourage the number of runners to swell by 30 or 40% (or possibly more), during the first hour. I"m just having a moan because I played crap last night, I feel rough and the Day Nurse tabs haven"t kicked in yet..  ;)

I finished 110th out of 111 runners.  Hope that makes you feel better.   ;D ;D ;D

Appreciate all the feedback guys.  Means we can always look to improve as we go.