Author Topic: APAT Bunch Of Fives Leaderboards on 888poker  (Read 85414 times)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
Re: APAT Bunch Of Fives Leaderboards on 888poker
« Reply #225 on: April 27, 2011, 10:45:13 AM »

My understanding is that if you play ANY APAT event then you become a member of APAT. So these players you are complaining about are actually APAT members.

What you"re saying here is correct of course.

But what about those random people from far flung corners of the globe who just happen to see the tourney in the lobby and throw their $5 at it - and the numbers are increasing. It seems slightly odd that they should be considered APAT members when they probably don"t even know what APAT is. I recognise the need for growth, but are we that desperate for members that we"ll consciously include people who don"t know who we are and what we stand for ?

Just playing devil"s advocate - seeing as everyone else has pooh poohed Deb"s OP  ;D

APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #226 on: April 27, 2011, 11:09:06 AM »

I recognise the need for growth, but are we that desperate for members that we"ll consciously include people who don"t know who we are and what we stand for ?

APAT (or 888) isn"t "consciously including" these "randoms"...it"s just that they aren"t consciously EXCLUDING them...which is a whole other thing.

Obviously 888 already has them but at least APAT has a shot at bringing them into the ranks. Who knows, perhaps one day APAT will go global and then all this groundwork will pay off.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: April 27, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »

APAT (or 888) isn"t "consciously including" these "randoms"...it"s just that they aren"t consciously EXCLUDING them...which is a whole other thing.

I accept that... but why call it an APAT tournament when quite clearly it isn"t ?

I think maybe we"ll just have to agree to disagree.

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #228 on: April 27, 2011, 11:23:30 AM »

I accept that... but why call it an APAT tournament when quite clearly it isn"t ?

How is it not an APAT tournament with all that APAT added value?...but I guess that you"re right...we"ll just have to disagree.

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: April 27, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »

I think maybe we"ll just have to agree to disagree.

Ian, your argument is flawed. When there was an APAT tournament in Newcastle last weekend some locals bought it and played - what"s the difference? It was an APAT event and called an APAT event.

Next you"ll be arguing to ban Scottish and Polish people from playing for Leeds ;)

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2011, 12:54:45 PM »

I cannot see the problem myself, if non APATers play this, surely they cannot be listed in the weekly tables, therefore, the points a non APATer would earn would not be counted, and the points they get would go to the next APATer.

I am not sure if I have explained this eloquently enough.

I"m with Nellie on this.. Nothing against having non-apaters playing these tournaments.
Although Leigh might have something to say if he"s constantly having to look to see who"s signed up and who"s not. All for the sake of a couple of points here and there.

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2011, 13:09:56 PM »

I had no intentions of starting a big argument about this. I was merely posting my opinion and asking what others thought. Thanks everyone for your input. I"m not going to comment further  ;D

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2011, 13:46:06 PM »

I cannot see the problem myself, if non APATers play this, surely they cannot be listed in the weekly tables, therefore, the points a non APATer would earn would not be counted, and the points they get would go to the next APATer.

I am not sure if I have explained this eloquently enough.

I"m with Nellie on this.. Nothing against having non-apaters playing these tournaments.
Although Leigh might have something to say if he"s constantly having to look to see who"s signed up and who"s not. All for the sake of a couple of points here and there.

Leaving aside the issue of whether some is a "real" APATer or not...how do you know if someone is serious or not?

Let"s say I"m in, oh, the Czech Republic and I fancy a shot at the Bo5 games...I win the first but because I"m not a known APATer you"re going to take my points away and give them to the second placer...say what now?

How do you know I wasn"t trying to win my way into the Sunday challenge or perhaps a live APAT event?

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #233 on: April 27, 2011, 13:54:56 PM »
I"m not going to comment further  ;D

Me neither... I"m just howling at the moon  ;)

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: April 27, 2011, 13:56:43 PM »

I had no intentions of starting a big argument about this. I was merely posting my opinion and asking what others thought. Thanks everyone for your input. I"m not going to comment further  ;D

Okay Moose. :D
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Quasar

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: April 27, 2011, 14:03:25 PM »

Okay Moose. :D

no comment MTM   ;D ;D ;D

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #236 on: April 27, 2011, 14:39:03 PM »

Debbie, one of the great things about this forum is that people can freely state their opinions and have a debate. The management of APAt do listen to members views and it is always worthwhile commenting if you think you have more to add.

ladman

• Bronze Member
« Reply #237 on: April 27, 2011, 15:43:17 PM »
My problem with the league system as it is the fact that these 888 players with no knowledge of APAT.com have no idea what they are playing, not the fact that its APAT organized but the fact that its a league run on five consecutive nights with added value. How can tournaments in a league structure be played with a percentage of players who have no idea what they are in because it isn"t clear via the 888 lobby. I"d suggest make it password protected which can be accessed by all regardless of forum members of APAT but make them pass through here on an open-to-view forum that the password can be achieved. Then in the 888 lobby in the description say password can be found here, give link and there you have it.
You now have added value in the sense that people just wanting to play a mtt are now passing through apat.com to achieve the password meaning the participation shouldn"t be affected too much but the promotional affect is increased as new people are coming here to read the rules and they may eventually join the forum. They also now know what they are entering.

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #238 on: April 27, 2011, 15:55:25 PM »
Just a thought,,,didnt every apat event on betfair and bl square need a password and if im right how come now it is a bad idea ???
 If im wrong i,ll shutup lol

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #239 on: April 27, 2011, 15:59:58 PM »

My problem with the league system as it is the fact that these 888 players with no knowledge of APAT.com have no idea what they are playing

Again, I say...how do you know they have no knowledge?