Author Topic: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1...WEEKLY UPDATE  (Read 30430 times)

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK TWO
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2011, 17:58:37 PM »
Where are the "Thread Space Police"? That"s what i want to know.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 18:00:49 PM »

Where are the "Thread Space Police"? That"s what i want to know.

We"re letting him use up his allocation now.  By week 4, he"ll have exceeded his forum area allocation, and we can ban him for the rest of the season.   ;D

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 18:06:39 PM »
Wasnt a slow roll. More like a Nit roll, sorry tod it should of been a snap, but i was playing really tight and wanted to get more points.

1TRW1

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2011, 19:27:22 PM »
No it"s fine, just messing really. It was for most of your stack, after all. Imagine if me or Andy had been in your spot  :-\ :-\ :-\ - there isn"t a time bank big enough!
HTID
Science is ALWAYS beautiful

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2011, 19:53:11 PM »

No it"s fine, just messing really. It was for most of your stack, after all. Imagine if me or Andy had been in your spot  :-\ :-\ :-\ - there isn"t a time bank big enough!

Has Brian not ticked the 30 minute timebank option then?  :o

I"m out of the next game!

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2011, 00:17:34 AM »
These reports will hopefully continue throughout the season...even when I don"t win (As if !!)
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2011, 07:07:40 AM »

Wasnt a slow roll. More like a Nit roll, sorry tod it should of been a snap, but i was playing really tight and wanted to get more points.

Did you have KJ vs me in Cov? Felt like it
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2011, 17:09:38 PM »
 I wouldnt call a 3 bet oop with KJ.
I actually hate the way i played this because i had AKo, and probably should of 4 bet you pre flop. As played the flop was pretty dry (Kxx rainbow) so i check call, and i was gonna check call turn and go for a value bet on river, but when i hit trips and you bet 2.5k i figured if i shove for 7k ish, it will be hard for you to put me on Kx now, and i may get paid by 10s-QQs.

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1 - WEEK THREE
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 00:03:12 AM »
Well this was certainly the most aggressive game to date with the Heads-Up phase of the game being reached in just 90 minutes of play.

The first big hand of the night involved League Leader Brian Yates and the man holding up the rest, Paul Foy.

On a board of  th   4d   ts   kc   td  Paul raised and Brian re-raised. Paul tanked before making a brave call with  5c   5h  and Brian was down to 1700.

Soon after the two Steves, Redfern and Bayliff, clashed.  Steve bet, Scouse raised, Steve shoved all-in and Scouse made the call with   th   tc  but against Steve"s   :as:   ac  he was a big underdog, especially as Mark Eagles had passed   ts   td  and so Scouse exited in 9th position.

The car-crash hands continued as Tony Trippier raised, Andy Overton re-raised, Tony 4-bet and Andy shoved so when Tony made the call and the cards were flipped, it was no surprise to see Andy"s   kd   kh  up against the   :as:   ad  of Mr Tony "Unlucky" Trippier and the bullets held to send Andy to the rail.

Tony and Steve went to war when Steve called Tony"s pre-flop raise to 240 and the flop came   kh   tc   5h  . Tony bet 300 and Steve made it 960, with Tony making the call. the turn and river came   :2s:   jc  and when Steve bet 1740, Tony insta-called but his   :as:   kd  was miles behind Steve"s   5d   5s  and he moved to 11,000 while Tony slipped to 1700.

New BCPC Champion Clive Padden had been quiet so far but when Mark Eagles 3-bet all-in with   ah   kc  , Clive made the call with his   8s   8h  and we were off to the races. Mark though has run like a Dog so far in this League and a board of   4s   :3d:   4d   jd   qc  saw him out in 7th and rooted to the bottom now as the only player yet to trouble the scorers this season.

League leader Brian saw his quest for the Hat-Trick ended by new nemesis Paul Foy, despite the board of

4s   ad1   th   qs   9d  looking pretty good for Brian"s   :as:   qh  ...but not when Paul had  ah    ac  .

Clive looked good when all-in with   ac   qs  on a board of   ad   qd   jh   8h  but Stevie luckbox got there on the river when the   7h  made his   ah   th  the best hand and so Clive became another victim of the "Curse of the A-Q".

Steve was smashing this game now and his   :as:   :2c:  put Tony"s   ah   9h  to sleep on a   td   :2h:   ad1  flop and so Tony picked up 5pts but no cash.

Will was now guarranteed to remain 2nd in the table while both Paul and Steve had come into this game with zero points.
  Shortstacked Will battled gamely and got his double-up with   ah   7s  against Paul"s   kd   js  but when they went to battle a 2nd time, Paul got lucky when his   :2d:   kc  , behind to Will"s   7c   qs  on a flop of   :2h:   7d   td  took the lead by making trips on the turn when the   :2s:  binked and the river sent Will out in 3rd with 7pts.

The Heads-Up battle was a monster, lasting just over an hour with Steve unable to see off Paul"s stubborn resistance.
The inevitable big hand though, wasn"t big at all but on a board of   7d   8s   :3c:  it all went in and Paul"s   7s   5c  was behind to Steve"s   jc   7c  and the turn   6d  and river   ah  blanked to leave Steve with 24500 to Paul"s 570 chips and soon after it was all over and Steve Redfern had his first Premier League win while Paul"s fine 2nd place gave him 9 pts to get him off and running for the Season.

POS                                     PLD   PTS   F/T CHIPS  
1    BRIAN YATES                    3      25       5000
2    WILL YOUNG                     3      17       3400
3    STEVE REDFERN                2      12       2400
4    TONY TRIPPIER                 2      12       2400

5    ROB HEWLITT                   2      10       2000
6    ANDY OVERTON                2        9       1800
7    PAUL FOY                        3        9       1800
8    TOD WOOD                      2        7       1400

9    CLIVE PADDEN                  2        3
10   STEVE BAYLIFF                 2        2
11   ANEURIN VENABLES           2         0
12   MARK EAGLES                   3        0

Next Wednesday sees the first short-handed game of the season with Will Young looking for the 10pts for victory that would see him take over at the top of the table while Mark Eagles will look to braek his duck as 5 of the 6 players will score points.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

PantsMan

• Gold Member
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1 - WEEK THREE
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 12:39:17 PM »
Congrats to Steve on the win and well played Paul, a fine performance.

Had to laugh at the bit about Scouse being a "big underdog" when he had no outs.  :)

Gutted to go out so early, especially against the leader of the TTUC. Wish i"d never joined now, otherwise i"d have binked a King! Actually, as it"s Tony he"d have hit trips first card out then i"d have rivered a straight.  :)

nyerun

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2011, 12:59:06 PM »
where have my 2 points gone from game 1????
Silver Medal- Online National League 2009 (Manchester)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 15:36:53 PM »
oops/......u still have em.....just not on here  ::)
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 17:26:18 PM »
redferns tough when he has chips, why did scouse have to donk off to him?

1TRW1

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 12:41:37 PM »

The first big hand of the night involved League Leader Brian Yates and the man holding up the rest, Paul Foy.

On a board of  th   4d   ts   kc   td  Paul raised and Brian re-raised. Paul tanked before making a brave call with  5c   5h  and Brian was down to 1700.

Er, and what did you have Bri??  ;D

Well done Steve and Paul. Bring on Wednesday!
HTID
Science is ALWAYS beautiful

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK FOUR
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2011, 12:08:15 PM »
Having not been present on the rail at last night"s game on PokerStars, I can only give you the result of our first short-handed encouter of Season One....

First out was.....ermmmm....well as he never turned up, that would be Aneurin Venables, which meant all of the other 5 players were instantly into the points.

Tod Wood exited in a disappointing 5th place for just 1 point, although he did acknowledge a rare occurance in that he was outplayed by Tony Trippier ;D

Out in 4th went Andy Overton, meaning that the 2 points gained failed to propel him into the Top 4 despite 3 player above him not playing in this one.

The remaining 3 players consisted of the 2 favourites in Will Young and Tony Tripps, plus outsider Mark Eagles who had now clinched his first points of the Season and was looking to cause an upset.
 The lead changed hands many times before Mark exited in 3rd, gaining 4 points to leave him just outside the Play-Off places.

That left Will needing the win that would take him to the top of the table before he takes a 4-game holiday break and he secured those 10 points with    9c   7d  on a   5c   4d   8s   6h  board with Tony holding   7c   jh.

WEEK FOUR TABLE

POS                                      PLD  PTS   CHIPS
1    WILL YOUNG                      4     27    5400  
2    BRIAN YATES                     3     25    5000
3    TONY TRIPPIER                  3     19    3800
4    STEVE REDFERN                 2     12    2400

5    ANDY OVERTON                 3      11    2200
6    ROB HEWLITT                    2      10   2000
7    PAUL FOY                         3       9  
8    TOD WOOD                       3       8

9    MARK EAGLES                    3       4
10   CLIVE PADDEN                    2       3
11   STEVE BAYLIFF                  2       2
12   ANEURIN VENABLES             3       2

The next game will take place this Sunday night and is 9-handed with the top 2 players, along with Paul Foy, sitting this one out.
 That gives Tony Trippier(9-4) the chance to take over the Premier League leadership should he get a top 2 finish although 7-4 favourite and in-form Steve Redfern could have something to say about that. 
 Rob Hewlitt(4-1) returns to action after a Vegas visit and Andy Overton(3-1) will look to bounce back while all 4 players outside the Play-Off zone will need to take this opportunity to get some points on the board.                                  
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
3rd Pu