Author Topic: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1...WEEKLY UPDATE  (Read 30417 times)

1TRW1

• Silver Member
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK FOUR
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2011, 15:33:04 PM »

Tod Wood exited in a disappointing 5th place for just 1 point, although he did acknowledge a rare occurance in that he was outplayed by Tony Trippier ;D

I"ve got him! I"ve got him!!! ......... Oh, he"s got me.
HTID
Science is ALWAYS beautiful

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2011, 15:37:32 PM »

Tod Wood exited in a disappointing 5th place for just 1 point, although he did acknowledge a rare occurance in that he was outplayed by Tony Trippier ;D

So long as he hasn"t got Ace Jack. Oh, he"s got Ace Jack.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2011, 17:53:59 PM »

lol owned

So long as he hasn"t got Ace Jack. Oh, he"s got Ace Jack.
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2011, 18:06:18 PM »

Tod Wood exited in a disappointing 5th place for just 1 point, although he did acknowledge a rare occurance in that he was outplayed by Tony Trippier ;D WORSE                              

USEI"ve got him! I"ve got him!!! ......... Oh, he"s got me.
lol owned
OFSo long as he hasn"t got Ace Jack. Oh, he"s got Ace Jack.QUOTES
EVER
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2011, 18:56:19 PM »

Tod Wood exited in a disappointing 5th place for just 1 point, although he did acknowledge a rare occurance in that he was outplayed by Tony Trippier ;D WORSE                              

USEI"ve got him! I"ve got him!!! ......... Oh, he"s got me.
lol owned
OFSo long as he hasn"t got Ace Jack. Oh, he"s got Ace Jack.QUOTES
EVER

lol Rob, I had to read that several times before I got your point!!

1TRW1

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2011, 14:29:14 PM »
Oh, and well done Will. Meant to say that before.
HTID

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK FIVE
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2011, 23:28:59 PM »
With leaders Will Young and Brian Yates both out of action, Tony trippier knew that a top 2 finish would see him leapfrog both players to take over the lead.

The game started with just 7 of the 9 entrants registered with Andy Overton forgetting and Rob Hewlitt maybe suffering a Las Vegas hangover ??

UK Online Runner-Up from last night and BCPC Heads-Up Runner-Up on Friday, Tod Wood was surprisingly the first player out and as it turned out the only one who didn"t score on the night and that would see him slip close to the foot of the table.

Steve Redfern had won on his last Premier League outing and was favourite to win tonight and was playing a tight game when he made an UTG raise with   qd   qh  and Mark Eagles called.
The flop came down   8d   9c   td  and it all went in as Mark showed   kh   tc  but the    ts  on the turn was enough to send Steve out in 6th with just 1 point to show for it.

The actual bottom spot is now occupied by BCPC current Champion Clive Padden, after his exit in 5th made him one of only 4 players (the other 3 occupy the top 3 places in the league) to have scored points in every game they have played so far.

Mark Eagles went in 4th to nab 5 points and Tony Trippier just fell short of the 2nd place required, although his 3rd place tonight did see him move 2nd overall.

That left Steve Bayliff and Aneurin Venables Heads-Up, which held a little irony as these were the bottom two players prior to tonight"s game.

Steve nabbed a big chip lead and despite Aneurin doubling-up once, it all went in on a flop of   qs   6s   :2s:  with Aneurin holding   qc   9c  and Steve ahead with his   qh   jh  .  The turn was   4h  and river   :2h:  which meant that Steve Bayliff"s kicker played and that gave him the victory that saw him rocket from bottom two to top four in one night !

POS                                PLD  PTS  CHIPS
1    WILL YOUNG               4      27   5400
2    TONY TRIPPIER           4      26   5200
3    BRIAN YATES              3      25   5000
4    STEVE BAYLIFF           3      14   2800

5    STEVE REDFERN          3      13   2600
6    ANEURIN VENABLES     4       11  2200
7    ANDY OVERTON          4       11  
8    ROB HEWLITT             3      10

9    PAUL FOY                  3       9
10   MARK EAGLES             4       9
11   TOD WOOD                4       8
12   CLIVE PADDEN            3       5

The 6th round of games is Wednesday 20th April and is 9-handed, with leader Will Young on holiday and the struggling Clive Padden and Mark Eagles also sitting that one out.
 Tony Trippier starts that game as 7-4 Favourite as he bids once again to take over the lead. Steve Redfern is 2-1 to bounce back while Scouse Bayliff is 9-4 following tonight"s win.
 Brian Yates and a smarting Andy "I forgot" Overton are both 3-1 with Tod Wood 7-2. Rob Hewlitt and Aneurin Venables are 4-1 with Paul Foy 5-1 outsider despite his 2nd place finish on his last outing.        

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 23:44:05 PM by BOINGBLITZ »
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

1TRW1

• Silver Member
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK FIVE
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2011, 12:15:47 PM »
Do you ever get deja vu? Having hit two pair Jacks and Kings on the flop was only worried about QT to give Clive Broadway. Ace on the turn. Yeah but surely he hasn"t got QT..... Oh.

Lost my final 1K in a flip with 88 v AQ so don"t mind that too much, and at least Steve used "em well to go onto win.

Onwards and upwards!
HTID

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK SIX
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 23:13:23 PM »
Tonights game gave Tony Trippier and Brian Yates the chance to pass the holidaying Will Young at the top of the Premier League but despite getting K-K twice early on, Tony had lost half of his stack just 45 minutes into the game.

By the first break he was up to 2000 but still 9th of 9 with Steve Bayliff making the running as he tried for his 2nd straight win...while at a Barbeque !!

Our first casualty came when there were 4 players in the pot and the flop came down   4h   8s   7h  and Tony in the SB bet out and just Paul Foy called.  The turn of   qc   saw all the money go in and Tony"s   8d   7s  held on the   9d  river against Paul"s   th   kh  to give Paul his 3rd Duck-Egg in 4 games.

Steve Redfern had lost a chunky pot with  kh   kd  when Andy Overton flopped an Ace, so when Aneurin Venables raised him, Steve shoved all-in with   ac   qh  but Aneurin was ahead with his   ah   ks  .....until the flop came down  
qc   jc   7d .  But it all changed on the turn as the   tc  gave Aneurin the nut straight but Steve had re-draws to both split and win the pot outright but the   8s   on the river sealed his fate to leave him pointless tonight.

The 7th place is the "Points-Bubble" and tonight, for the first time, Brian Yates failed to trouble the scorers as he ran
jh   jd  into Andy Overton"s   ks   kh .    

We then lost 2 players in 2 hands and the first one was an unbelievable cooler for Tony Trippier.  On a flop of  
5h   7s   4c  Tony, holding   4d   5d  was delighted when Tod Wood raised his bet and Tony insta-shoved.....only for Tod to flip   7d   7h  and the   4h   turn and   6s  river just seemed to rub it in !!

The next one was unfortunate as Rob Hewlitt ran   7h   7s   into Scouse Bayliff"s   ad   ah  .....a sign of things to come for the England Skipper maybe ??

4-handed and the top two players from the last game looked as if they may be repeating their Heads-Up battle from Sunday night but Scouse got short and when he pushed with   qc   7c  Aneurin called with   qd   jc  and the   jh  on the flop saw Scouse out in 4th and out of the top 4 in the standings.

Unfortunately, Aneurin then lost connection and missed another monster hand.  A flop of   :3h:   :2h:   :as:  saw both Tod and Andy betting. The turn of   qs  saw bet-call but the river    tc   saw Andy shove and show   js   kc  to outdraw Tod"s flopped straight with   4d   5d  .

Soon afterwards Tod shoved with   ks   jh   and Andy called with   ac   kc  and the   8d   jd   :as:   ts   8c  saw Tod out in 3rd for 7 points.

We then saw a very sporting gesture from Andy as he sat out to wait for Aneurin to reconnect. He still had a 3-1 chip-lead ......and then we found out.......Aneurin had fell asleep !!
 Cue Andy " I would have raped you good and proper had I known that".....which prompted the chat-box comment of "That"s what he told the sheep !"

The final hand saw Aneurin make an ill-timed shove with   7d   9d  and Andy made an easy call with   ad   jc  and although a flop of   :3h:   8c   6c  gave hope to the Welshman,  the   jh  and   kh  sealed a first Premier League win for Andy Overton to propel him into the top 4.

POS                                  PLD  PTS  CHIPS
1    WILL YOUNG                  4    27     5400
2    TONY TRIPPIER              5    27     5400
3    BRIAN YATES                 4    26     5200
4    ANDY OVERTON              5    23     4600

5    ANEURIN VENABLES         5    20     4000
6    STEVE BAYLIFF              4    19     3800
7    TOD WOOD                   5     15
8    STEVE REDFERN             4     13

9    ROB HEWLITT                4     12
10   PAUL FOY                     4      9
11   MARK EAGLES                4      9
12   CLIVE PADDEN               3      5

Please be aware that this Sunday"s game has been postponed to Sunday May 8th (by popular demand)                              

LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

1TRW1

• Silver Member
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK SIX
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 23:23:18 PM »

Unfortunately, Aneurin then lost connection and missed another monster hand.  A flop of   :3h:   :2h:   :as:  saw both Tod and Andy betting. The turn of   qs  saw bet-call but the river    tc   saw Andy shove and show   js   kc  to outdraw Tod"s flopped straight with   4d   5d  .

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

:)
HTID

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2011, 00:35:47 AM »

Steve Redfern had lost a chunky pot with  kh   kd  when Andy Overton flopped an Ace,

Andy needs to give lessons to Stuart Oliver - the art of playing and winning with AJ!

nyerun

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2011, 10:03:00 AM »

We then saw a very sporting gesture from Andy as he sat out to wait for Aneurin to reconnect. He still had a 3-1 chip-lead ......and then we found out.......Aneurin had fell asleep !!
 Cue Andy " I would have raped you good and proper had I known that".....which prompted the chat-box comment of "That"s what he told the sheep !"

the sheep was willing i"m telling ya  ;D ;D ;D
Silver Medal- Online National League 2009 (Manchester)

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 10:37:25 AM »

Not quite how the hand went. You checked the flop, i checked behind. You made a small bet on the turn, i called with my gut-shot. I then shoved when you bet on the river.

I enjoyed it.  :P :P

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 10:39:06 AM »

Steve Redfern had lost a chunky pot with  kh   kd  when Andy Overton flopped an Ace,

Andy needs to give lessons to Stuart Oliver - the art of playing and winning with AJ!

Probably the first hand i"ve ever won with it! Hate it with a passion! Except last night.  ;)

1TRW1

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: April 22, 2011, 00:55:08 AM »

Not quite how the hand went. You checked the flop, i checked behind. You made a small bet on the turn, i called with my gut-shot. I then shoved when you bet on the river.

I enjoyed it.  :P :P

Rubbish. I went all in after the flop and you called. What a fish! At least, that"s how I tell the story down the pub...  :)
HTID