Author Topic: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1...WEEKLY UPDATE  (Read 30393 times)

1TRW1

• Silver Member
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK TWELVE
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2011, 16:41:25 PM »
Well played Steve. You beat the unbeatable Bri. (Isn"t that from a song?)
HTID
Science is ALWAYS beautiful

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK THIRTEEN
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2011, 01:24:11 AM »
Down to the business end of the competition now and for our first casualty last night, it may yet be the end of the road as Aneurin Venables scored zero points when a decent return was badly needed.

It all started to go wrong when he raised it up early doors with   9c   td  and got 2 callers.

The flop came down   qd   7h   8s  and when he bet out, he got one caller in Brian Yates. On the   :as:  turn Aneurin bet again and Brian shoved. Aneurin called and Brian showed   qc   qs  but the   8h  river left Aneurin very short and soon after, his shove with   jh   tc  got looked up by Steve Bayliff with   8c   8s  and the 6-high board saw the Welshman out in 6th, leaving him needing a top 3 finish in the final game to have any hope of a play-off spot.

Scouse got involved next with Steve Redfern when he called Steve"s raise with   :3c:   :3h:  .  Scouse then shoved on a flop of   4h   9c   :2c:  only to see Steve flip over   th   ts  ....but poker can be a cruel game and when the final 2 cards came down   5c   :as:  Steve Redfern uttered the immortal line "I am such a luckbox !"

2 hands later Steve had gone when he shoved   8s   qh  and Mark Eagles called with   4c   4s  and the   4h  flopped to see off Steve in 5th.

At that stage Mark was chipped-up but he got worn down by some aggressive 4-handed action and when he shoved  his   :as:   8c  into Scouse"s   ah   kd  he exited in 4th place and will now be under pressure in next Wednesday"s game.

Clive Padden was now the short-stack of the three after he got into several battles with Brian.
 Firstly his shove with   kd   6h  got called by Brian with   ac   7c  and the board came   5h   5s   6s   7d  but the river of   ks  saw him double-up and he quickly did the same with   6s   6h  against Brian"s   :as:   ks  .

This meant that the roles were now reversed and when Brian shoved his   ac   ts  Clive called with   5h   5s  and we saw an amazing board of   th   :3h:   :3c:   tc   5c  to double Brian up before he did the same again with   qd   qh  vs     7s   7c  .

In an attempt to finally see off Clive, Brian shoved again with   :as:   7h  but Clive was going nowhere holding   jh   js  but the infernal   ad  sent Clive out in 3rd place with 4 points that finally lifted him off the foot of the table and gives him hopes of a play-off place.

Brian was now certain of a place in the top 4 but it was to be a tight battle with Scouse that lasted around 45 minutes before Steve"s  qh  qc  was good enough to give him his 2nd win of the season and the 10 pts gained saw him make a massive leap from 8th to 3rd in the table.
 For Brian, 7 pts put him clear of Will Young at the top and a healthy 11,200 starting stack for the Final and with 2 games still to go to gain some more yet.

TITLE  
POS                              PLD   PTS   CHIPS    ODDS
1   BRIAN YATES              8     56     11200     5-6
2   WILL YOUNG               8     49      9800     5-2
3   STEVE BAYLIFF           8     37      7400      6-1
4   STEVE REDFERN          8     36      7200      7-1

5   ANDY OVERTON           9     36     7200
6   TONY TRIPPIER           9      35     7000
7   ROB HEWLITT             8      31     6200
8   TOD WOOD                8      28     5600

9   MARK EAGLES             8      23
10  CLIVE PADDEN             8      22
11  ANEURIN VENABLES      9      22
12  PAUL FOY                   8      20

LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK THIRTEEN
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 07:58:53 AM »
yet another big hand lost when all in as 88% fave. I so love being a luckbox

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK FOURTEEN...ITS ALMOST OVER
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2011, 21:24:05 PM »
The penultimate game in the BCPC Premier League 1 took place on Wednesday and by the end of the night, all 12 players still had a shot of making the Play-Offs in the final game on Wednesday June 1st.
 Rob Hewlitt was a no-show as he was on a course with work but it was the man at the foot of the table, Paul Foy who made the early running.

Paul had slipped to the bottom on Sunday night when Clive Padden grabbed a 3rd place finish to get 4 points and tonight Clive got busy too when he raised with   9s   jc  and got a call from Will Young with   qh   kc  . The flop came down  

jh   :2s:   tc   and when Clive bet out, Will pushed all-in and Clive called. The  4s  turn was no help so was Will going to finish pointless for the first time ??......ermmm......not when the   qs  hit the river, leaving Clive short (735) and telling Will he was now banned from playing in the SSPC Team Event !

Clive had to get busy now and it didn"t take long. Scouse Bayliff raised to 150 and when both Mark Eagles and Paul Foy called, Clive shoved his final 635 into the pot.  Scouse and Paul called and the board was   kd   5s   qc   ks   9s  which they then both checked down all the way. Steve showed   7h   7s  and Paul had   :as:   9c  while Clive was out with his  ad1   6d  .

Soon afterwards Paul put a big hit on Scouse and then killed him off for good when he shoved   qc   js   into Paul with his   ah   ac  . That put everyone in the points and would ultimately cost Scouse his place in the top 4.....though he failed to comment on his exit due to a chat-ban !!

Mark Eagles was in desperate need of points to try and make the play-offs and he was playing an impressive game when he got involved with Tod Wood. On a flop of   7s   4s   js  in an unraised pot, Tod bet out and Mark called.  The turn was the   qs   and when Tod checked, Mark bet out and Tod called. This was about to get ugly.

The river was the   4c  and when Tod bet out Mark, holding   :as:   8s  for the flopped nut-flush, shoved all-in. Tod........CALLED......and to Mark"s astonishment, showed   7d   4h  .....the clue was in the "unraised pot" bit !!
Mark crashed out in 6th and will now need a top 2 finish in the last game to make the play-offs.

Brian Yates was the tightest, some might say too tight, player at the table, but after getting two shoves through, his 3rd with   ah   8h  ran into Will"s   :as:   js  and Bri was out in 5th, giving Will the chance to regain the League lead with a win tonight.

Paul Foy is in a similar situation after his 4th place exit and needs at least a top 3 finish next Wednesday night. He got it all-in with   5s   5h  which was no match for Steve Redfern"s Big Blind of   ks   kc  .

That left Will now guaranteed a top 4 place and a seat at the Live Final Table and Steve could do the same if he could win this one. The two of them got it all-in, Steve with   ah   ks  against Will"s   td   tc   and the board came down        :2h:   kd   jc   jd   5c  to put Will out 3rd and keep Brian on top of the table.

Could Steve see off Tod ??....it looked that way when he shoved   td   th  and Tod had   ah   5s  but the flop gave Tod hope of a first victory   9h   6h   5h  , the   :3s:  turn bricked......but the river binked a    4h  and Tod was "flushed" with success, $80 plus 12 points that swept him into the top 4 for the first time all season.

POS                             PTS   CHIPS  MAX  1ST  2ND  3RD
1   BRIAN YATES            58    11,600   70    3      2      1
2   WILL YOUNG             56    11,200   68    1      2      4
3   STEVE REDFERN        45      9,000   57    3      1      0
4   TOD WOOD              40      8,000   52    1      1      2

5   STEVE BAYLIFF         37     7,400    49    2      1     0
6   ANDY OVERTON        36      7,200    48   2       1     0
7   TONY TRIPPIER         35     7,000    47    0      1      2
8   ROB HEWLITT           31     6,200    43    0      1      2

9   PAUL FOY                25                 37   0      2      1
10  MARK EAGLES           23                 35   1      0      1
11  CLIVE PADDEN          22                 34   1      0      1
12  ANEURIN VENABLES   22                 34   0      2      0

Brian Yates and Will Young have both clinched a place in the live final.

Steve Redfern, Steve Bayliff and Tod Wood have all clinched at least a play-off place.

Steve Redfern will play in the live final unless he scores zero points and Andy Overton finishes 1st and Steve Bayliff 2nd in the last game.

a 2nd place finish for Tod Wood will put him into the live final.

Steve Bayliff, Andy Overton and Tony Trippier MUST finish 4th or better to have a chance at making the live final.

Andy Overton needs a 6th place finish or better to guarantee a play-off place. 

Tony Trippier needs at least a 4th place finish to secure a play-off place.

Rob Hewlitt must win to have a shot at the top 4 and 3rd place would guarantee him a play-off place

Paul Foy must finish 3rd or better and Mark Eagles,
Clive Padden and Aneurin Venables 2nd or better with Rob Hewlitt not scoring, to have a chance of a play-off place.

If Paul Foy finishes below 6th, Andy Overton makes at least a play-off spot.

If Paul Foy AND Mark Eagles finish below 6th, Tony Trippier makes at least a play-off spot.

If Brian Yates finishes ahead of Will Young, or if Will fails to finish at least 4th, Brian will be League Champion.

The live play-offs will be on Friday July 1st with 5th playing 8th and 6th vs 7th in heads-up matches to determine the final 2 places in the 6-handed final. This will be followed by the live final. 1st receives $300, 2nd $200 and 3rd $100.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

PantsMan

• Gold Member
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1....WEEK FOURTEEN...ITS ALMOST OVER
« Reply #79 on: May 27, 2011, 11:57:17 AM »
Nice one Tod, great result.

Certainly sets up an interesting last game! Really wish i hadn"t forgot about one of the games now but still in with a shout so all to play for.

Bring it on!

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: May 27, 2011, 13:28:24 PM »

Really wish i hadn"t forgot about one of the games...

lol likewise - hadn"t realised how critical just one result could potentially be.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: May 27, 2011, 18:11:17 PM »
I will be forever haunted by the heads up game vs Bri, if i dont win this league.

It was only the second leg and i started HU with a 5-1 chip lead and "Flabed" to lots of his shoves, then i found 55 and lost a flip vs 67. Then i went on to get completly owned when i held 2 pair and payed off his flush. then i tilted the rest away for a downswing of $50 but more importantly 6 potential points FML......

1TRW1

• Silver Member
Re: BCPC PREMIER LEAGUE 1...WEEKLY UPDATE
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2011, 19:05:47 PM »
Cheers Andy. Great write up and analysis Bri - like Geoff Stelling on the final day of the season!
HTID
Science is ALWAYS beautiful

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2011, 19:34:00 PM »

I will be forever haunted by the heads up game vs Bri, if i dont win this league.

It was only the second leg and i started HU with a 5-1 chip lead and "Flabed" to lots of his shoves, then i found 55 and lost a flip vs 67. Then i went on to get completly owned when i held 2 pair and payed off his flush. then i tilted the rest away for a downswing of $50 but more importantly 6 potential points FML......
cost me 30 quid as well doh
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2011, 20:28:05 PM »
Oh **** yeh, i forgot that u had money on me winning. Important flip for brian to win.

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2011, 20:47:29 PM »
looking 4-ward to live final now, seems like ages since i was last there.

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2011, 21:38:00 PM »

Really wish i hadn"t forgot about one of the games...

lol likewise - hadn"t realised how critical just one result could potentially be.

Is bad but to be honest prob top 2 only ones who didnt miss at least one game , i know i missed one

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2011, 17:52:11 PM »
Just make sure you"re there for tonights game Steve, and don"t forget what we need to do.

"Steve Redfern will play in the live final unless he scores zero points and Andy Overton finishes 1st and Steve Bayliff 2nd in the last game. "

;)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2011, 18:50:23 PM »

Just make sure you"re there for tonights game Steve, and don"t forget what we need to do.

"Steve Redfern will play in the live final unless he scores zero points and Andy Overton finishes 1st and Steve Bayliff 2nd in the last game. "

;)

If you two gets headsup, I"ll be watching closely for soft play ;)

FOYIE1

« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2011, 19:19:56 PM »
Right I need to finish 3rd or better so can I have £20 on me to finish 4th that"s what usually happens
member of walsall online team champions 2009