Author Topic: S5 APAT WCOAP, Nottingham - Discussion Thread  (Read 130884 times)

samuel_9

• Gold Member
Re: APAT World Championship Of Amateur Poker 2011
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2011, 18:42:26 PM »
well if i can headbutt a chimney and dodge a bulit baby i dont think the irish sea will cause to many problems ill walk on the boat.... then again i mite try walking on water if i dont sucseed ill play cards with the rest of the fish

smasher37

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2011, 19:42:52 PM »
Leigh i know you have said the tourneys will go live tomorrow but where exactly will they be in the lobby?
cheers nazar ;D ;D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2011, 19:45:23 PM »

Leigh i know you have said the tourneys will go live tomorrow but where exactly will they be in the lobby?
cheers nazar ;D ;D

I"m trying to get a definitive answer on that one.  I"m hoping it will be quite obvious.

smasher37

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2011, 19:51:43 PM »
Ok hope you can, having to take the laptop in to work tomorrow,just got to think of an excuse for disappearing for half an hour at about 1145 any ideas on a postcard please P.S> keep them clean ;D ;D
Will definitely almost probably use the best one ;D ;D ;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2011, 20:21:37 PM »

Ok hope you can, having to take the laptop in to work tomorrow,just got to think of an excuse for disappearing for half an hour at about 1145 any ideas on a postcard please P.S> keep them clean ;D ;D
Will definitely almost probably use the best one ;D ;D ;D

when your in work 1st thing is look panic-ed and seek your boss, and then say something like I nearly didnt make it today, my sister, aunt, mum, dad, uncle, next door neighbour, etc got rushed into Hospital / got robbed / got locked out this morning.

I assume it"ll be OK to nip out for 15mins to check up and get an update....(make sure you say I assume it"ll be OK, as you"re then not "asking" his permission, you"re telling him you"r going, and simply assuming he/she isn"t an idiot/heartless and will be OK!  ;D
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

smasher37

• Silver Member
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2011, 20:26:02 PM »
LOL as that is the only reply so far i almost deffo probably going to use it cheers  ;D ;D

gomarrrahh

• Bronze Member
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2011, 20:37:01 PM »
i got to be honest, im a little disappointed with the announcment coming so soon to the actual buyin dates. and the fact that the buyin is only available on DTD.
I deposited money onto 888 this week to give myself a head start to buyin and like the fella b4 im gonna have to deposit another load to buyin on DTD and wait for original deposit to clear to have sum funds.

this happened last year when there was an announcement, the buyins were the next day. IMO that isnt a reasonable enuf time to allow people to sort themselves out. As for using the DTD software, no1 would have saw that coming and if people cant, for whatever reason, create account or login 2moro then its bit unfair on those people.

Im gonna have to take lappy into work n try get in that way n risk missing out on tourneys i want to play, hopefully i dont.

surely u guys must have had an idea fairly early that the buyin was only going to be on DTD and ok, if u cudnt announce that b4 hand, then surely an announcent last week saying "buyins available next saturday, dont put any money onto 888 til futher notice" etc etc.

maybes its jus me but its seems bit illogical n unfair to make an announcement and have people able to sort themselves out in under 2days time.

hopefully ill get in and still be able to look forward to what no doubt will be a fantastic week at DTD in august.
APAT WCOAP Heads Up Champion 2011
APAT UK Final Tablist 2011
APAT Welsh Online Omaha Champion 2010
APAT Season 4 - Five Time Omaha Final Tablist

Nobody

« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2011, 21:20:19 PM »
Sorry I only heard about this today but can I ask a question. Why are there only 108 seats for a World Amateur Competition surley there is more interest than that. Will I have a chance of getting a seat?

Do you think all the seats in the PLO on the BH Monday will go ?

I am a bit stunned by this event being so "small" but I still want to be in it I think. Do I have to be an advanced member or have played in one of the other events?

Cheers

cashman

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2011, 21:26:30 PM »

Sorry I only heard about this today but can I ask a question. Why are there only 108 seats for a World Amateur Competition surley there is more interest than that. Will I have a chance of getting a seat?

Do you think all the seats in the PLO on the BH Monday will go ?

I am a bit stunned by this event being so "small" but I still want to be in it I think. Do I have to be an advanced member or have played in one of the other events?

Cheers

re-read the first post properly
TEAM GOTHAM  (penguin)
Gold Medalist APAT ECOAP 2012 for Team Republic of Ireland

ajcairns

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2011, 21:30:42 PM »

i got to be honest, im a little disappointed with the announcment coming so soon to the actual buyin dates. and the fact that the buyin is only available on DTD.
I deposited money onto 888 this week to give myself a head start to buyin and like the fella b4 im gonna have to deposit another load to buyin on DTD and wait for original deposit to clear to have sum funds.

this happened last year when there was an announcement, the buyins were the next day. IMO that isnt a reasonable enuf time to allow people to sort themselves out. As for using the DTD software, no1 would have saw that coming and if people cant, for whatever reason, create account or login 2moro then its bit unfair on those people.

Im gonna have to take lappy into work n try get in that way n risk missing out on tourneys i want to play, hopefully i dont.

surely u guys must have had an idea fairly early that the buyin was only going to be on DTD and ok, if u cudnt announce that b4 hand, then surely an announcent last week saying "buyins available next saturday, dont put any money onto 888 til futher notice" etc etc.

maybes its jus me but its seems bit illogical n unfair to make an announcement and have people able to sort themselves out in under 2days time.

hopefully ill get in and still be able to look forward to what no doubt will be a fantastic week at DTD in august.

+1 on this.  I have been keeping the funds in my 888 account waiting for the buys in to start.  Not sure how long it is before I will get it via neteller to DTD

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2011, 21:56:19 PM »

LOL as that is the only reply so far i almost deffo probably going to use it cheers  ;D ;D

Lol, good luck at work, and getting a seat!
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2011, 22:20:45 PM »
do the seats for the WSOAP go on sale at 12oclock to night or 12oclock tomorrow night tks

cashman

• Gold Member
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2011, 22:25:20 PM »
to me it came across as midday tomorow
TEAM GOTHAM  (penguin)
Gold Medalist APAT ECOAP 2012 for Team Republic of Ireland

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #163 on: July 15, 2011, 22:30:58 PM »

to me it came across as midday tomorow

Correct

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2011, 22:33:20 PM »
The guys who put money onto 888, if you had used a bonus code at the time you may want to check if you can as yet withdraw. They have a "must play $xxxx amount of value in hands before you can withdraw.

People who previously tried to withdraw after having deposited under a bonus code where only aware on receiving an email a few days after requesting their withdrawal that it would be refused.

Geo