Author Topic: Is the Online National League a Team Game?  (Read 4331 times)

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
Is the Online National League a Team Game?
« on: April 11, 2011, 11:01:29 AM »
As was pointed out to me last week, there is no I in TEAM.  But is there any TEAM in the APAT Online National League?

I raise this point as a newly appointed team captain, acting for Team Carlisle.  With recuritment bringing in first time players to the APAT organisation and this particular competiton, I am being asked tactical queries from those players.

My first comment has been to make all players aware of 888"s stance on "soft-play", which is covered in the T&Cs on this fourm:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compliance

15 - Collusion or Chipdumping between players from the same club (or an opponent) is not allowed and will result in the disqualification of both players and any individual points they may score.  Soft playing is also likely to be picked up by the 888Poker compliance / fraud team and lead to the closing of player accounts and possible confiscation of player funds.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also tell players that it is there $11 that they are buying-in with and to play the game as they see fit.  I have given no instruction on how to play against team members either.

This brings me to my question - are we playing a team game here, or are we in effect playing an individual game but scoring points as a team?  I hope this makes sense and by typing the question i think I"ve answered my own question, although I think it is a point worth making.

I have no problem with the collusion/chip-dumping ruling, or in fact, the way the game is structured and the very fact that we cannot soft-play - or are advised not to.  Again, I still think it a point worth making though.

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
Re: Is the Online National League a Team Game?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 17:35:46 PM »
I"ve only just discovered the more lengthy thread under General Poker and Leigh's commen that the "soft-play" rule will be clarified before Rounds 3 and 4 in May.

I think that means this thread is closed.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 17:38:17 PM »
You"re a one man discussion machine.   ;D

I"ve read your points though, all taken onboard cheers.

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 09:46:35 AM »

You"re a one man discussion machine.   ;D

I"ve read your points though, all taken onboard cheers.

Hahahaha - I could literally keep a forum full every day if I was the only member.

Thanks for the response.

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 00:12:53 AM »
Leigh - I believe you were going to provide guidance on this issue prior to Round Three.  Are you in a position to do so?

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 00:40:53 AM »

Leigh - I believe you were going to provide guidance on this issue prior to Round Three.  Are you in a position to do so?

I believe Rule 15 has been amended

Rule 15 Amendment

This rule has been amended as follows :-

We have clarified that Collusion and Chipdumping is against the rules of the league and any player found doing so, will receive a points penalty against their team.  Any accusations will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

We have dropped the inclusion of soft play from this rule.  Soft play between team mates is an accepted part of the team aspect of this league, and all players should be aware of this.

Disclosure of hole cards whilst there is still action to go in a hand is considered collusion, and we would ask all players to refrain from doing this.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 08:04:08 AM »
GG Leigh

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 11:06:59 AM »
Many thanks Ger.