Author Topic: Bluffing with Ace King  (Read 6144 times)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
Re: Bluffing with Ace King
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
This is the sort of hand where a read would have been more useful ie. Paul the fish - aka APAT World Team Champion 2010

FYP  ;)

BTW, I"ve PM"d Paul, he may not have seen this yet. I"d appreciate his thought processes on the hand.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 09:53:18 AM by ian.ski309 »
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
Re: Bluffing with Ace King
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2011, 14:29:34 PM »
Hi, fishboy here ;D

I called pre, as it was for a small sum and looks strong calling oop.

Not the worst flop in the world for me. Obviously Another board, say A hi, i am prob check/folding etc.

So I lead out, A: what"s the response. B: little pot builder for if Diamond comes. When i probably double up? :)

The flat looks for all intense purposes a draw, be it str8 or flush. Or even a float spot/chk raise/bluff raise?

8 hits on turn, i lead again, he flats, Has he made str8? is he still drawing for flush? Delayed float? I certainly do not want to put any more chips in the pot now, and i think i have done enough to at least get you to check back. You must fear i already have the flush, and will as staetd induce a rvr bluff.

10 on rvr i weirdly enough found scary, but even if u have 10 you still can"t bet against poss flush or even str8 if i played that strangely?

Easy chk, if I"m still winning good and if not(A-Q) or 10 /etc still good and save chips.

Now Your rvr bet immediately has me thinking you have missed your draw, but also considering there may be a queen in there or what i said above.

If you recall i used up every second before i made the call, not just gut feel but it all pointed towards the bluff. I can only go by what"s in my head, anad my mind was quite positive, hence the call.

I dare say a different betsize, may well have thrown me off the hand.

The only other comment i will make is that, on a different day i would not even be in the hand(fold after raise Pre).

Give up after your flop call(brakes/pedal to the metal) prob smaller bet too.

Chk/fold turn. etc etc etc :)

So there"s a snippett of my thinking on the night. I did however go on to donk my chips like a Huge Hallibut, but this again was for a completely different reasoning and set of circumstances.

P.S. Sorry for the delay to reply and thank You Ian for the P.M.

Hope to see you all soon, cheers Paul Mac :)
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011