Author Topic: Turn Spot  (Read 2372 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Turn Spot
« on: June 01, 2011, 15:35:27 PM »
London Superstack at Fox poker club last weekend, blinds 50 - 100 and im in the small blind with 99. The initial raiser has already lost a couple of biggish pots in the first level and is down to around 15,000, villain 2 has around 25k and i still have just under my initial 20k stack. Villain 1 seems to be playing pretty tight just raising very big hands, villain 2 seems to be calling a lot, betting quite a few flops but nothing really crazy.

Villain 1 opens to 400 utg , a player in mid position calls, villain 2 in cut off calls, i call  in sb and bb calls as well, flop t92 with 2 diamonds, check to the original raiser who bets 1000, mp folds, villain 2 calls and i raise to 3200. BB folds and utg tanks for ages saying " could be a very early day" and eventually just calls and villain 2 quickly calls. Turn is an offsuit K which is one of few cards i really didnt want to see, i check, villain 1 checks and villain 2 bets 5k pretty quickly, how do we procede?

Thanks for any replies in advance, Chris

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
Re: Turn Spot
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 18:28:56 PM »
Myself I"m all in at this point and if he"s hit the straight so be it, I"m putting him on poss 2 pair /  ac kc so the chips are going in, no way am I folding a set
But there again I"m usually wrong LoL

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 18:29:47 PM »
with not a lot reads wise to go by personally on the turn i re-raise all in and curse myself [plus cross my fingers and put the lucky bra on my head] for trying to slow play on this texture in a 5way pot :) [calling turn isn"t a option here for myself]

not a fan of the small bet sizing on the flop...
without good reads i"d lead out on the flop with it being 5way, tight utg may check behind his over cards but met re-raise a over pair, the others may still call there draws etc.. overall i prefer to leading out, it has the best chance of getting the money in the pot imho, check raise bigger the 2nd choice.. check call meh to tricky :)

edit - as played - on the turn i"d lead out also...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 18:34:40 PM by noble1 »

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 23:13:24 PM »
ALL IN (as played).
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 10:03:54 AM »
If my maths is right your check raising 3200 into 4000 means that villains have to call 2200 into a now 7200 pot?

On this very drawy board I"m raising to 5.5k-6k to take it here and now. If it was a dry board id think the raise is ok but not here.

Like the check raise if you think a villain will bet the flop, if you lead out on flop then you may still get 1-2 caller and don"t know where you are

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 16:53:25 PM »
Pretty much as above. Re-raising more on the flop. Shoving the turn, heading to the bar when he turns over his J-Q diamonds or watching him head to the bar when i river the FH.