Author Topic: Week 5 League Games - Tournament Cancellation  (Read 25498 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Week 5 League Games - Tournament Cancellation
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »
Nice of 888 to add cash to a re-run, but without wanting to be overly picky, why should those who didn"t play last night or who were knocked out and didn"t suffer from the crash, benefit from added money?

In terms of a re-run for points, 65 players were already knocked out prior to any issues arising - why should they get another chance to take league points?    There were 55 players left when the crash happened - the re-run should be for those 55 only.

jayteejack

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 08:11:02 AM »
 i agree the re-run for points should only be for the players remaining at the time of the crash as that is only fair.

HOWEVER........... with regards of cash added by 888 why shouldnt all APAT players who made the effort to support this event benefit. afterall we donkeys also contributed to the dynamics of the tournament. i think the cash added should be on next weeks game or free roll the cash for all players who played last night

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2011, 08:21:50 AM »

Nice of 888 to add cash to a re-run, but without wanting to be overly picky, why should those who didn"t play last night or who were knocked out and didn"t suffer from the crash, benefit from added money?

In terms of a re-run for points, 65 players were already knocked out prior to any issues arising - why should they get another chance to take league points?    There were 55 players left when the crash happened - the re-run should be for those 55 only.

+1
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »
The only similar sporting comparision I can think of is in golf.

If the final round is cancelled because of bad weather, the result stands at the point that everyone completed the same number of holes, in this case the end of the third round. What they don"t do is invite all of those that missed the cut,
at the end of the second round, back again on Monday to play again as well. If you are out, you are out.

As we are unable to establish a clear winner (or points scorers) at this point, it would seem that the fairest option would be for the remaining 55 to play for the points and any extra cash 888 might want to contribute, with the stacks they had when the server went down.

There can"t be any justification surely, for including those who are already out of the tournament as they are unaffected by any eventuality, sever, weather or otherwise.

So I suggest they take the $22 back and reset the game, assuming that is possible, and the "June 55" get busy.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 08:45:46 AM »
If 888 can tell us who the 55 are then this is feasible. However given their track record.....

We cannot see the lobby so I cannot verify
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »

If 888 can tell us who the 55 are then this is feasible. However given their track record.....

As they paid out to 55 players, they must have a record of who those 55 are. I doubt they could verify chip stacks though - I suspect we would have to accept starting back on level stacks.

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 09:08:36 AM »

I bought in late, was running close to 940,000 chips at the last count

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2011, 09:26:13 AM »

For me, the tournament should only have the remaining players. (Don't have to be for money just for the points). Any added money could go on the next league game or have a separate free roll game with both leagues together  

I agree! :)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2011, 09:28:21 AM »
Also remember guys there was another Division playing with 24 left, not just you 55! ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

stone

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 09:53:56 AM »

As they paid out to 55 players, they must have a record of who those 55 are. I doubt they could verify chip stacks though - I suspect we would have to accept starting back on level stacks.

+1 and can I start with my 12K plus chips and be sat at the same table as I was smashing carving it up with Tod_Wood and Brummie Greg!  ;)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2011, 10:07:19 AM »

Also remember guys there was another Division playing with 24 left, not just you 55! ;)

Just like football, if you"re not Premier League you don"t exist  ;D   :D

It would be dead easy to reset/identify your chip stacks, just go to  My Profile > Game History > Tournaments and run your last hand - if anyone in Div 2 struggles with that I took a screenshot of the ladder just as the plug was pulled. Might prove difficult for 888 to implement though...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 10:10:18 AM by ian.ski309 »
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2011, 10:10:15 AM »
Cancel it - There are still 15 league games for the scoring..  Thats well enough..!!

The 55 left - They all made profit - And someone wants 888 added cash to be for them 55 only also - Bit greedy really..!!  All runners should be able to get a bit of the 888 added..
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2011, 10:15:56 AM »

Cancel it - There are still 15 league games for the scoring..  Thats well enough..!!

The 55 left - They all made profit - And someone wants 888 added cash to be for them 55 only also - Bit greedy really..!!  All runners should be able to get a bit of the 888 added..

Why? 65 runners in last night"s tourney were already out and were not impacted by the crash.

Any way, the cash is somewhere irrelevant - this is a tourney where points mean more than money. I don"t think it should be written off as your opening statement suggests - Replay with just the remaining runners is fair (in my opinion)

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2011, 10:21:01 AM »

Why? 65 runners in last night"s tourney were already out and were not impacted by the crash.

Any way, the cash is somewhere irrelevant - this is a tourney where points mean more than money. I don"t think it should be written off as your opening statement suggests - Replay with just the remaining runners is fair (in my opinion)

It would be fair if 888 gave each player their correct chip stacks, but, they wont, and the people who were out front are penalised and the people just about to go out gain massively.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »

+1
APAT Season 6 statistics