Author Topic: Week 5 League Games - Tournament Cancellation  (Read 25490 times)

gizagu

• Bronze Member
Re: Week 5 League Games - Tournament Cancellation
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2011, 16:11:02 PM »

I say let"s play the tourney out with no prize pool just points with remaining 55 players, and all start with equal stacks, would it not be possible for 888 to start a new tourney from blind and ante levels from where it crashed? And say divided the 195,000 chips from the 65 exits between the 55 left so in effect they all start with 7.5 k. Then have a free roll for the added value between both divisions?

I think that"s as good a solution as we could get under the circumstances.

sounds about the best solution to consider from all the other post here,

gizagu

• Bronze Member
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2011, 16:17:42 PM »

I say let"s play the tourney out with no prize pool just points with remaining 55 players, and all start with equal stacks, would it not be possible for 888 to start a new tourney from blind and ante levels from where it crashed? And say divided the 195,000 chips from the 65 exits between the 55 left so in effect they all start with 7.5 k. Then have a free roll for the added value between both divisions?

sounds about the best solution to consider from all the other post here,would be better if we paid the 10euro entry and that would become a prizepool for the remaining players i feel we should be rewarded for gaining points for the league and first pos if it achieved.thats wat we all play for,well i do.

ladman

• Bronze Member
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 16:21:09 PM »
if 89 minutes of a football match is played and the score is 9-0 when the game gets called off the whole thing is replayed

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 16:42:29 PM »

if 89 minutes of a football match is played and the score is 9-0 when the game gets called off the whole thing is replayed

You could also say that in F1 after 75% of the race as been run then the resault stands

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 16:59:39 PM »
As I couldn"t make it last night i missed what happened but from reading this thread it seems the only fair solution is that they re-run the whole thing with all members of all teams eligible to play but with the added value of 20 WSOP Main Event seats for the top 20 to spice things up a bit. It"s the only solution i think we can all agree on. Although there"d probably still be some people on here who"d whinge about it!

Failing that we run it as a Tighty Sit and Go. Although if the 888 servers couldn"t cope with a normal tourney they"d probably bring down the National Grid computing one of those!  :)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2011, 17:10:00 PM »

added value of 20 WSOP Main Event seats for the top 20 to spice things up a bit. It"s the only solution i think we can all agree on. Although there"d probably still be some people on here who"d whinge about it!

10 per division...naturally.  ;D
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2011, 17:10:24 PM »

So if the server crashed when it was heads up with still two players fighting it out after four hours and still points to gain.. The whole tournament should start with the original 120 runners? Could never see this being fair no?
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2011, 17:21:33 PM »
I"m a bit concerned that after 2 hours of play 888 believe it"s "normal" to divi up the prize pool equally amongst remaining players. This is grossly unfair and not what I have seen at other poker sites, although I haven"t seen a game crash for ages. Smacks of laziness to me.

Elsewhere, it"s much more "normal" to see 50% of the prize pool distributed equally to all remaining players and the other 50% go relative to chip stacks (or similar). 888 should get their calculators out.

I appreciate that their T&C"s say equal division and we all agree to them when we sign up. But I will think twice before using 888 in future - especially with this coming on top of other issues such as the addon problem.

I hope this never happens in e.g. a $500 deepstack after 15 hours of play. Big chip is gonna be mega chuffed with equal distribution of the prize fund to remaining players!
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2011, 17:51:10 PM »
I think looking for comparions to other sports is pretty futile, as has already been demonstrated.

The solution must work for poker and APAT, not for football or motor sport.

fandango

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • "it was suited"
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2011, 17:55:39 PM »

I think looking for comparions to other sports is pretty futile, as has already been demonstrated.

The solution must work for poker and APAT, not for football or motor sport.

+1
2011 Bronze medal in Omaha online WCOAP
2012 ECOAP Main Event Champion and Gold Medalist
2012 ECOAP Player of Series winner
2012 UK Amateur Champion
WCOAP Gold Medalist and Bracelet winner Team England
S7 WCOAP Bronze medal Antes only
Bronze Shoot out WCOAP

Animal Magic

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2011, 18:25:56 PM »
I went out early in the tourny , but if 888 want to throw some cash our way it should be open to all at the next event, If the tourny can"t be carried on with the remaining players & chip stacks then it"s just tough, sh*t happens & we must just add another date & get on with it, but there is no great hurry to sort this , let the man have some time to weigh up all the options, we will go with whatever is decided.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2011, 18:38:59 PM »

sounds about the best solution to consider from all the other post here,would be better if we paid the 10euro entry and that would become a prizepool for the remaining players i feel we should be rewarded for gaining points for the league and first pos if it achieved.thats wat we all play for,well i do.

I think Carl has it spot on.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2011, 18:40:54 PM »

It would not... The result would stand in something so one sided as that with only a minute or so left...
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2011, 20:26:16 PM »
No it wouldn"t. Precedent in football for late abandonments is a complete replaying of the game

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2011, 22:07:20 PM »
think this cannot be replayed fairly . It just cant be re arranged fairly, stacks etc and also if players cannot make re arrange dates would substitutions be allowed ??

Think only fair way is just put a line threw it and move on.