Author Topic: Week 5 League Games - Tournament Cancellation  (Read 25470 times)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Re: Week 5 League Games - Tournament Cancellation
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2011, 22:12:04 PM »
After discussions with a number of the great poker minds within the APAT inner circle, we have decided that the fairest thing to do will be to simply void this matchday and move on.

Those that were still in the tournaments are not financially out of pocket, and I will arrange with 888poker for some added value in a future matchday as a goodwill gesture for the technical problems.

I know that this may disappoint some players, but whatever was decided, there was going to be disappointments.

Good luck to everyone playing in Matchday 6 on Sunday.

Mahound

• Bronze Member
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2011, 22:19:31 PM »

For me, the tournament should only have the remaining players. (Don't have to be for money just for the points). Any added money could go on the next league game or have a separate free roll game with both leagues together  

Thats a grand idea

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2011, 22:29:46 PM »

After discussions with a number of the great poker minds within the APAT inner circle, we have decided that the fairest thing to do will be to simply void this matchday and move on.

Those that were still in the tournaments are not financially out of pocket, and I will arrange with 888poker for some added value in a future matchday as a goodwill gesture for the technical problems.

I know that this may disappoint some players, but whatever was decided, there was going to be disappointments.

Thank you on a quick and tough decision .
Now lets all move on and let battle commence on sunday ,Please no disconnection ;)  

dazzammm

« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2011, 22:55:15 PM »

if 89 minutes of a football match is played and the score is 9-0 when the game gets called off the whole thing is replayed

not necessarily - depends on the circumstances. There have been games that have been abandoned where the result has stood, most famously the Bradford fire in "85, Denis law relegating Man utd in "74 (man utd fans invaded the pitch with 5 mins to go), and wba vs sheffield united where SU, after being down to 8 players with no subs, had to take 2 players off due to "injury" causing the match to be abandoned as they had less than 7 players.
but i get your point.

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2011, 23:40:22 PM »

No it wouldn"t. Precedent in football for late abandonments is a complete replaying of the game

correct with the only change to this being if a team do not have enough players, therefore the game gets awared as a 3-0 i think

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2011, 00:12:45 AM »

right desison and very quick ...you r good young man

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2011, 00:21:18 AM »
Jesus, can we stop with the football analogies. Every poker situation that is discussed on this forum gets compared to what would happen if it was football, golf, horse racing, motor racing or some other sport that is irrelevant to the situation.

[Please ignore this if your analogy relates to beach volleyball.]
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2011, 00:36:12 AM »

if 89 minutes of a football match is played and the score is 9-0 when the game gets called off the whole thing is replayed

Not sure this is actually true........tighty???

Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2011, 13:20:53 PM »

Not sure this is actually true........tighty???

It is Rob

rejmak

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2011, 21:28:33 PM »

not really happy with that decision was trying to log on all evning and spend all tournament on sit out so just lost 11$ and have no chance to play a game

furnesspoker

• Silver Member
  • Furness Poker Den
    • UK Poker Forum
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2011, 23:46:55 PM »
Think 888 should also give every member their $11 back (on top of paying those who were still left) Just a little "cheesed off" having to donk in an extra $11

rejmak

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 17:02:03 PM »

Think 888 should also give every member their $11 back (on top of paying those who were still left) Just a little "cheesed off" having to donk in an extra $11

+1 !!!!!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 17:06:55 PM »

What "Extra $11"?

No-one is being asked to join an additional tourney...the solution is one that just cuts out one tourney.

The ones in the abandoned comp who had busted have lost nothing they wouldn"t have already been paying..and the players who were still in have, as Leigh said, made a profit.

On the League front..it"s a wash.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

rejmak

• Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 22:01:29 PM »

What "Extra $11"?

What extra??

the ****ty site dont even let me reg to play the tournament so yes i wish to get my $$ back and no matter is only 11$ but the fact i can reg few hours befor with no problem and than losing time to try get in 888 when tournament start

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 22:11:07 PM »

What "Extra $11"?

What extra??

the ****ty site dont even let me reg to play the tournament so yes i wish to get my $$ back and no matter is only 11$ but the fact i can reg few hours befor with no problem and than losing time to try get in 888 when tournament start

right hold up, this is now clashing two different issues.

furness is talking about compensation for the tournament cancellation (although the remaining players were compensated with a share of the prize pool)

you are talking about not being able to play in a game you reg"d for due to software problems, I understand this is very very frustrating, but please try not to merge the issues. I assume you have taken this up with 888 support?
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)