Author Topic: Anyone else make this call ! couldnt believe it when he turned over?  (Read 9186 times)

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
Re: Anyone else make this call ! couldnt believe it when he turned over?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2011, 15:12:05 PM »
Some good points ty all . Made no odds cos went out about 50 before the money, i 3 bet jammed with about 17 bigs with AK got 4 bet shoved by 10`s when he just had me covered and the 10s held ! Win that race and was on course for a swindells lol

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2011, 16:25:24 PM »

As for the call, personally i think it"s dreadful. Don"t mind the pre-flop raise but not calling the shove. Much better spots  imo. As for his image, does it more harm than good for me.

Andy - you don"t mind a preflop raise to 3x, but you would then fold to a 10x shove? Shouldn"t be opening 3x if you gonna fold to a shortstack shove.

Well, i wouldn"t be opening there to 3x to be fair. Should have stated that. I meant the raise itself, not the amount.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 16:48:00 PM »

As for the call, personally i think it"s dreadful. Don"t mind the pre-flop raise but not calling the shove. Much better spots  imo.

This is really flawed thinking Andy. The pot odds make this a neutral / + EV call so neither calling or folding are dreadful but you do have to take really thin edges to succeed in these huge field events.

It is most likely, as stated earlier, that aylinka18 raised knowing who he"d call a shove from and who he"d fold to.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 16:50:48 PM by TheSnapper »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 17:24:46 PM »

As for the call, personally i think it"s dreadful. Don"t mind the pre-flop raise but not calling the shove. Much better spots  imo.

This is really flawed thinking Andy. The pot odds make this a neutral / + EV call so neither calling or folding are dreadful but you do have to take really thin edges to succeed in these huge field events.

It is most likely, as stated earlier, that aylinka18 raised knowing who he"d call a shove from and who he"d fold to.

But Scouse had also stated earlier that he"d been playing tight (as it"s Scouse this could well mean only playing the top 80% of hands! ;o).

So if Aylinka raised knowing who he"d fold to how come he chose to call against someone who"d been playing tight?

If it were someone Scouse knew and he was playing his normal game i don"t mind so much, as it is there are much better spots.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2011, 17:39:57 PM »

But Scouse had also stated earlier that he"d been playing tight (as it"s Scouse this could well mean only playing the top 80% of hands! ;o).

So if Aylinka raised knowing who he"d fold to how come he chose to call against someone who"d been playing tight?

If it were someone Scouse knew and he was playing his normal game i don"t mind so much, as it is there are much better spots.

you are making an assumption that he was paying attention to Scouse"s VPIP etc.

Also, even if Scouse is only shoving top 8% (88+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,AJo+), 74s still has 30%.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2011, 23:57:16 PM »

Also, even if Scouse is only shoving top 8% (88+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,AJo+), 74s still has 30%.

Steve, are you honestly saying you think it"s a good play? Would you make the same play? If so we need to talk strategy hand/values etc next time we meet!

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 09:12:45 AM »

Steve, are you honestly saying you think it"s a good play? Would you make the same play? If so we need to talk strategy hand/values etc next time we meet!

Andy, I"m saying that if you are prepared to open raise for 3x, with a plan to fold to a 10x short stack shove, you are playing way too spewy. If you plan to fold to a short stack 10x shove, then you really shouldn"t be opening for 3x...... but your original response said you thought the open 3x raise was fine.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2011, 11:38:42 AM »
I explained that one a bit later. I said i didn"t mind the raise, not the amount. I wouldn"t be raising to 3x, it would be 2 to 2.5, but i"d fold to a 12x shove (which it was closer to) from someone who i"d seen to be playing tight, when i"m only holding 7-4. Calling there is far more spewy imo.

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2011, 15:47:03 PM »

i"d fold to a 12x shove (which it was closer to) from someone who i"d seen to be playing tight, when i"m only holding 7-4. Calling there is far more spewy imo.

He may have been playing tight from 20 down to his current 12 BB"s ( we"ll take his word for it  :) ) but now with 12 BB"s his range for pushing has to widen.

So, on the button with 12 BB"s versus a loose opening range, what"s your range for resteal jamming.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 15:52:45 PM by TheSnapper »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 00:06:01 AM »
Youv"e got the odds to call [2:! as stated above] aslong as you have a chipstack to take a hit i call