Author Topic: Online League - Matchday 7 - Connection Problems  (Read 23427 times)

Mahound

• Bronze Member
Re: Online League - Matchday 7 - Connection Problems
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2011, 22:22:35 PM »

[/quote]

888.com at least should refund all buyins.
[/quote]
definitly

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2011, 22:25:09 PM »
I have a response from 888poker.  The two key points that will be of interest to APAT players are :-

• Major inspection and steps are being taken to source the problem and rectify with a permanent solution that prevents this. (It is not the same issue as any prior temporary connections which were already resolved)

• All players effected by the disconnection will be compensated in some way and contacted by support. This may take up to 48 hours.

I will liaise with 888poker with the aim to reschedule Matchday 7.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2011, 22:29:06 PM »

I have a response from 888poker.  The two key points that will be of interest to APAT players are :-

• Major inspection and steps are being taken to source the problem and rectify with a permanent solution that prevents this. (It is not the same issue as any prior temporary connections which were already resolved)

• All players effected by the disconnection will be compensated in some way and contacted by support. This may take up to 48 hours.

I will liaise with 888poker with the aim to reschedule Matchday 7.

$11 refund end of, surely?  What is some other way?  Shall wait and see!

if it isn"t $11 not be impressed tbh
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2011, 22:29:20 PM »
Well done Leigh...I think being logical about this, people must understand that what happened is out of APAT's control.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

ChipClick

• Bronze Member
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2011, 22:35:15 PM »
I was on 2900 chips when it all froze and was not able to get back in at all, another player in our team spent the best part of an hour playing heads-up, surely we will get refunded.

Hammerite

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2011, 22:38:13 PM »
Have to agree with Brian, well done Leigh on your quick response, must be an absolute nightmare for you. I for one will back Apat regardless of whatever is decided by 888 regarding these tournaments. I guess if 888 get it wrong we can all make our own choice what to do in the future, but it certainly should not be seen as a minus point to Apat, without whom we would not be playing the tourney in the first place.
S2 Irish OL Gold, WCOLAP Main Gold
S4 UK Silver, Scots Silver
S5 WCOLAP Omaha Bronze
S6 WCOLAP Omaha 2nd, WCOLAP Omaha H/L 3rd
S7 English OL Omaha 3rd, Irish Bronze
S8 Irish OL Silver, WCOAP Stud Silver, WCOAP Horse Gold
S9 WCOLAP Bounty k/o 1st
S10 Euro OL Bronze
S12 Scots OL Silver
T: Eng/Apat

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2011, 22:54:11 PM »
Who blamed APAT? Obv nothing to do with APAT.

I"m usually one of the first to advertise and promote 888 - it"s generally a great site to play on..... but it is getting a bit boring to keep having these issues, and whilst I know connectivity issues are part and parcel of online play, 888 seems to be having far more than it"s fair share.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2011, 23:03:49 PM »
Makes me laugh people booting off at losing their buyin.
Personally I don"t care about my $11, they can have a beer or two on me.

What I am worried about are my team members who are losing the love and are saying they"re not going to play again.
Anything that 888 can do or APAT to make them want to play again would be greatfully appreciated.

x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Scousebill

• Gold Member
  • Liverpool FC, APAT Poker @TheHummingbirds CoLFC
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2011, 23:12:48 PM »
I just find it a bit odd that the only two problems I have had with the site crashing have both been Sunday night when trying to play the league game. I play nearly every day since APAT went to 888 and have never had any problems..
Silver Medal APAT European Champs. 2015
WCOAP 6-MAX Champion, 2015.
2015 APAT Player of The Year.
Online 10th Anniversary Vegas Sat. Winner 2016

Twitter @APATBillShep

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2011, 23:15:06 PM »

Makes me laugh people booting off at losing their buyin.
Personally I don"t care about my $11, they can have a beer or two on me.

What I am worried about are my team members who are losing the love and are saying they"re not going to play again.
Anything that 888 can do or APAT to make them want to play again would be greatfully appreciated.

x
aftershock please

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 23:17:36 PM »

Have to agree with Brian, well done Leigh on your quick response, must be an absolute nightmare for you. I for one will back Apat regardless of whatever is decided by 888 regarding these tournaments. I guess if 888 get it wrong we can all make our own choice what to do in the future, but it certainly should not be seen as a minus point to Apat, without whom we would not be playing the tourney in the first place.

Agree totally & I will try to to play APAT events whenever I can.
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.

NellieG

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 00:13:12 AM »

I just find it a bit odd that the only two problems I have had with the site crashing have both been Sunday night when trying to play the league game. I play nearly every day since APAT went to 888 and have never had any problems..

Me too, it is only the Sunday APAT League games,

Moocher

• Bronze Member
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2011, 00:13:29 AM »
Despite the previous crash, we all joined the 888 online game tonight, with the view that lightening wont strike twice

This may have been the last game for many APAT members. Its one thing to get knocked out, but quite another to be knocked out by the hosting site. How can a site crash but the clock keep running ?

Refunds?  Unlikely as some players were not affected

No confidence in this site now, will take mucho asskissing to get me back.
Call me Mooch

The Healer

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2011, 08:02:02 AM »
I know that $11 is not a lot of money in the big scheme of things, however there is a principle at stake here with regards refunds. In essence, we are are gambling, and one of the unwritten rules of gambling, is ;

If it is impossible for you to win, then it is impossible for you to lose.(all stakes returned)

On that basis,I will be extremely disappointed if my buy in is not refunded in full.
I shall wait to see what 888 offer, and make my decision thereafter, as to whether I continue with the site.
The trouble with having an open mind, is that, someone will come along and insist on putting something in it

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2011, 08:43:18 AM »
I wrote to 888 last night asking for my $11 back, as well as the $22 I had spent on the $6k.

I understand that all those left in the $6k were given an equal share of the prize pool at time of decision - but that decision was made some time after the crash.... so not much good for those of us that blinded out  between the time of the crash and time of decision to abandon the tourney!