Author Topic: Online League - Matchday 7 - Connection Problems  (Read 23421 times)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
Re: Online League - Matchday 7 - Connection Problems
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2011, 09:45:05 AM »
Both Div1 and Div2 games are in the 888 foyer as "completed" with the prize money paid out.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:50:32 AM by ian.ski309 »
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2011, 10:51:14 AM »
Thanks for posting the 888 response Leigh.  Just time to wait now until they contact all parties concerned.

It was the Cassova network that fell down last night - is this 888, or is it another tier above their skin and above their own immediate control?

I have no problem with continuing to play on 888 and have not heard any complaints from Team Carlisle players.  You have to accept that with online poker, there are going to be some IT difficulties at times.  As long as 888 handle the fallout in a proper manner.

As for booting off and some of the knee-jerk reactions, I can"t see how they help.

Sure, APAT could go looking for another partner but I"m sure they did some research and made a judgement call as to the best offer on the table.  I don"t think that two league games crashing is a sufficient reason to abandon all hope of 888Poker. 

And some players may not continue to play on because of this; well that is the nature of people and cannot be controlled by APAT.  IMO, it is up to Team Captains to relay information amongst team members, inform them of any 888/APAT decisions, and as it always has been - encourage them to join the team for future games.

The Healer

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2011, 12:02:38 PM »
In the spirit of APAT, why dont the "winning players" hand the money back ? after all, there is not one of them who didnt steal blinds from the sleepers, to attain their position. I am i just being too romantic,or is the ethos of fair play dead ?
The trouble with having an open mind, is that, someone will come along and insist on putting something in it

The Healer

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2011, 12:08:25 PM »
And another thing ,I paid exactly the same buy in as "The Cashees", but, ability aside, I did not have the same chance to win, due to being locked out. Therefore, the tourney should be void and all buy ins returned
The trouble with having an open mind, is that, someone will come along and insist on putting something in it

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2011, 12:42:22 PM »
If 888 want to pay out the winners, that is fine.....so long as all the losers who couldnt even get back in get paid $11 too.
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2011, 13:39:19 PM »

If 888 want to pay out the winners, that is fine.....so long as all the losers who couldnt even get back in get paid $11 too.

Agreed, would be most harsh on those that didn"t experience any tech issue not to be paid out.  888 have to take it on the chin, and thus also pay those who couldn"t continue the buy in back or at least an equally tournament token.

Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Shortstack

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
    • Poker League
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2011, 15:06:40 PM »
Dear Member,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am happy to state that the disconnection issue we had last night was resolved and on behalf of 888poker, I apologize for the inconvenience that this disconnection may have caused you.

I am pleased to state that your account has been refunded the total buy-in amount for the tournament(s) you were participating in at the time of the disconnection. If there are any discrepancies on your account which you would like us to investigate further, please contact us with the tournament ID(s) in question.

In addition to your refund, our team is planning a few activities, which I am sure you will appreciate, in the coming days, so check your inbox today for more details to come.

I thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked to resolve this matter and would like to reassure you that 888poker is your home for safe, secure, licensed and regulated gaming.

If there is anything that we can do for you, please contact us again and one of our member support representatives will be more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely
Daniel Wade
Support Manager
888poker.

No money has been credited though.

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2011, 15:08:01 PM »

Dear Member,

Thank you for contacting us.

I am happy to state that the disconnection issue we had last night was resolved and on behalf of 888poker, I apologize for the inconvenience that this disconnection may have caused you.

I am pleased to state that your account has been refunded the total buy-in amount for the tournament(s) you were participating in at the time of the disconnection. If there are any discrepancies on your account which you would like us to investigate further, please contact us with the tournament ID(s) in question.

In addition to your refund, our team is planning a few activities, which I am sure you will appreciate, in the coming days, so check your inbox today for more details to come.

I thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked to resolve this matter and would like to reassure you that 888poker is your home for safe, secure, licensed and regulated gaming.

If there is anything that we can do for you, please contact us again and one of our member support representatives will be more than happy to assist you.

Sincerely
Daniel Wade
Support Manager
888poker.

lol i just posted one somewhere else too , will remove mine to save confusion , same email anyway
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2011, 15:11:24 PM »
although no refund in the account yet , am i expecting to much ha ha
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2011, 15:47:02 PM »
cassanova network he must have been on the job

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2011, 15:50:16 PM »
My experience of 888 support is mixed. Emailing is a complete waste of time as issues are rarely resolved and so far always beyond the promised 48 hours.

I do find that live chat is the best way to get things resolved, though they can be a bit slow on the uptake.

I remember complaining about a rebuy glitch in the software and how not being able to purchase an add on had wrecked my tourney. After a bit of tooing and froing they refunded me my buyin and the 2 rebuys I had bought, even though I was still in the tourney (albeit micro stacked).

What I am really trying to say is that, despite the frustration of the APAT game last night, these crashes happen. But in general the site has a lot of integrity and goes the extra mile to try and keep customers happy. I"m pretty sure that 888 will do the right thing here and talk of never playing the site again does not really help anyone.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2011, 15:54:13 PM »
The people who have lost their buy-in, probably need to ask for it back from support.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

samuel_9

• Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2011, 15:57:50 PM »
rob you r a genius i agree withyou 1 hundred persent well said sir

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2011, 15:59:25 PM »
As a few have said , money to be refunded, all points for the games last night to be disallowed and winnings to be kept by the players , its 888"s fault so they should be the ones to lose some money, not fair on the teams and players who were sat out so back to square one  LOl

As it this will happen  ::) ::)

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2011, 16:10:44 PM »

As a few have said , money to be refunded, all points for the games last night to be disallowed and winnings to be kept by the players , its 888"s fault so they should be the ones to lose some money, not fair on the teams and players who were sat out so back to square one  LOl

As it this will happen  ::) ::)

888 will more thn likely be able to claim conequential loss from the network, so they more than likely will not lose out by paying back buy-ins.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.