Author Topic: Rudders jnr Here omaha cash hand  (Read 5904 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Re: Rudders jnr Here omaha cash hand
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 23:46:11 PM »
maybe call pre - i like the idea of 3 bet pre though but my gut still says fold as were OOP and omaha is a very strong position game
folding every other street

I Q8Holds I

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 02:26:19 AM »

maybe call pre - i like the idea of 3 bet pre though but my gut still says fold as were OOP and omaha is a very strong position game
folding every other street

agree out pre already said it was super spewy >:)

I agree he can double barrel a 6xxx combo but why then re raise the river? there isn"t too many hand he can have on the river and i tend to find alot of people at .5/1 will start firing without thinking if checked too....

I can"t see someone double barreling aqq/ajj with a flushdraw maybe bet the flop but its super bad too double barrel :Z

I just dont think his river bet makes any sense

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 10:20:34 AM »
Looking at this, I can"t fault a 3 bet trying to take it down there and then.

However if you are going to check call the bets on 2 streets, why not lead on the flop?

You have taken control of the aggression in the hand by virtue of being called after the 3 bet.

Now the villians range can be pretty wide to call a 3 bet here including AAxx, but you need to test that by leading.

The check looks weak (ok if you have AA here), so you need to represent a hand you would 3 bet with pre. So perhaps instead of calling off $24 in bets and giving the villain the initiative you could lead for maybe $12ish. If he raises you then you can easily fold (remembering you have repped strength and he has to have a narrower range to call or raise) and you saved $12 and gave yourself a shot at winning the pot there and then. If he calls then you re-evaluate on the turn and then if it feels right barrel again.

The problem when we get to the river is that you have no idea what he has, you haven"t tested his hand, just check called it, at the river so many hands have gotten ahead of you that you can never call unless you have a read that he is on total air, but you would never have got that information because you didn"t ask the question.

I agree with Dave"s range analysis as well.

Oh and bin pre, much better spots to tangle  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:26:31 AM by jbworldwide »
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)