Author Topic: Levels  (Read 1997 times)

poscochubb

Levels
« on: January 01, 2008, 18:02:59 PM »
I"m currently playing $2 S&Go"s and have worked my initial $50 to $110. How long should I stay at this level, or should I start to move up now?

Posco

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: Levels
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 18:37:48 PM »
I don"t play single-table SNGs, so not the best to advise on this.  But I think the general advice is to have a bankroll that covers 30+ buy-ins.

So you could move up to $3 based on that, but not to $5. 

Of course, there"s nothing stopping you having the odd shot at the higher buy-ins, as long as you recognise it"s outside your bankroll to play in those regularly.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 19:08:23 PM »
I follow the Chris Ferguson school of bankroll management, and that suggests playing SnG"s with 5% of your stack..... so with $110 you would be able to play at $5 tables.

Personally speaking, I would never play below $5 as a minimum anyway as the play is too unrealistic - more bingo than poker. You"ve done well to grind your way up on the micro limit tables and obviously know what you"re doing - step up have a go..... if you carry on your success, your bankroll growth will certainly speed up a little.... and if you lose a few, just step back down to your comfort zone.

ThePiranha

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 21:34:28 PM »
Always remember that $110 is not your bankroll, its the amount of money you have in your poker account. If you lose all of that money, would you not be willing to reload? If you are then your bankroll is obviously higher than $110.

I do understand the importance of bankroll managememnt and i do think that AMRN has made a spot on post, but if you are willing to reload if everything goes wrong, and you are feeling positive, why not take a shot at a higher buyin, realistically no more that $10

But if you want to progress then i would begin playing $5 SnG"s permanantely
if you ever remember some stranger who sucked out on you.

chances are, it was probably me!

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 22:57:20 PM »
I dont agree that the 1 and 2 dollar tables are like bingo if you u play straightforward abc poker you will cash 90 percent of the time. I worked my bankroll up from depositing 22 dollars and playing four five fifty sit n gos at a time and worked my way up from that but that isnt good advice. I agree with ferguson but at these low limits i wud expect to cash enough that i would say if you have 60 or 70 dollars you could play 3 or 4 and see how u get on, if u dont do well go back down and work your bankroll up through them till you have 100 dollars to 150 and try again