Author Topic: AJo and 10 bbs  (Read 10784 times)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
AJo and 10 bbs
« on: September 21, 2011, 18:15:16 PM »
$20 MTT on stars, 5 places from Min cash, been playing for almost 4 hrs. Im obv not bothered about a min cash or busting before money, but wanna go as deep as possible.

Im in MP with 12bbs and AJo. Players behind me have me covered, I have a tight image and decide to ship it with Fold equity. Thoughs please, is open shoving 12bbs with a hand like this spewy. Im never going to raise and then fold to a 3 bet.    
Can i ever just fold pre here to conserve chips for a better spot to doubble up?

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: AJo and 10 bbs
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 18:56:49 PM »
Standard shove.

Usually flipping or behind if called but no other option.

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 19:10:20 PM »
Got hh? Sounds like a fold so close to money
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 19:17:11 PM »
I would have agreed that it"s a standard shove every time, but then having read something that Noble posted last week about scraping into the money, I actually perceive the bubble slightly differently.... and there are circumstances where this spot with AJ might be a reasonable fold.

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 19:21:46 PM »
If on stars defo ship and hope kk behind cos the ace always comes lol
Would ship tbh to take blinds and antes and if u miss out on min cash such is life .
If you get it threw which is likely u upto 14-15ish blinds which is better to wait for better spot than getting blinded away.
If you wait for better spot u prob end up shipping for less blinds and worse hand. But if you reeally want min cash fold and knowing u prob dont , did you ship and i guess u ran into bigger hand and lost hence the post ?

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 19:47:07 PM »
i"d shove in most cases but close to bubble i would fold
Looking forward to making my first day 2

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 19:56:17 PM »
Rightly or wrongly, I never fold in these types of spots, probs shove 88+, AJo+. Maybe more suited aces + smaller pairs.

Is there a correct shoving range this close to the bubble? Assuming reads as stated in OP.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 20:23:11 PM »
I"m pretty sure I"d shove here

would like to see the argument for folding into the money here.

In a stars $20 tourney, this bubble will break pretty quickly, within an orbit I suppose, so you would still have a decent open shoving stack.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 21:15:15 PM »

In a stars $20 tourney, this bubble will break pretty quickly, within an orbit I suppose, so you would still have a decent open shoving stack.

lol havent you just made your own argument for folding then Rob?
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 21:32:14 PM »

lol havent you just made your own argument for folding then Rob?

That"s what I was thinking

Fold if you want to (almost) make sure of making a bit of profit
Shove if you"re really not bothered about a min cash
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 21:38:39 PM »

Im obv not bothered about a min cash or busting before money, but wanna go as deep as possible.

Erm shove then  ;D

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 22:46:04 PM »
I"d be tempted to raise 2.2 - 2.4 pre with poss stop n go on flop if called behind pre, especially if you have a tight image at table. Think 12 BB"s shove is too big and could suggest desperate with open spot looking to steal.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 23:20:13 PM »

I"d be tempted to raise 2.2 - 2.4 pre with poss stop n go on flop if called behind pre, especially if you have a tight image at table. Think 12 BB"s shove is too big and could suggest desperate with open spot looking to steal.

Do not do this. If you get called it"s a nightmare and if you get set in it"s a puke fold in which case your 12bb stack is now close to 9 bigs.

I used to jam these spots so often but you"re basically burning money. No one plays to min cash- but in an online comp ave stack is gonna be circa 20 bigs anyway so you"re only one double up from having a good shot. Fold to the money- timebank if you need to.
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 01:56:07 AM »
 Thanks for the replies guys. All taken on board. I decided to shove and got called by AQ and i went busto,

fwiw, the result didnt matter at all to me, and i would of started this thread weather i won or lost the hand. I just wanted to know if it was the correct play EV wise without beign results oriented of course.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 07:50:20 AM »
I played the Sky Grand Final, and found myself with 12x just around the bubble.........  decided that a min cash was irrelevant and that I was playing to win, and that I would take advantage of the bubble.... it folds to me in the SB and I shove and win, then next hand it folds to me on the btn, and I shove blind, get called, and lose.

At the time I justified it by saying I was trying to steal the (very significant) blinds and antes for survival.... but on reflection, just fold another orbit, still have ~10x, and be £300 better off.  The buy-in and expenses cost me just about £300, so yeah it would only be a break even result.... but I still had time to find a decent hand and double up, and the avg stack at the time was only around 20x. 

Whilst a min cash is not what we set out to achieve, the difference between playing for 14 hours for nothing, and 14.5 hours for £300 is huge - there is no other money jump that is so huge in percentage terms.  There is a lot more credit to a min cash than I had previously considered.  Therefore AJo in MP is a fairly simple fold in the OP situation.....