Author Topic: Live Hand - European Poker Championships  (Read 9393 times)

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
Live Hand - European Poker Championships
« on: September 27, 2011, 17:39:37 PM »
I played the £1000+70 European Poker Championships at the weekend.

Flight 1 - 52 runners (of 103 total) about 25 left from flight A.

Thoughts on this one.

400/800 (50)

I am in the BB with 89s - c19500 chips

UTG + 1 min raises to 1600. - He is playing c80k - has been min raising or slightly more perhaps 1/4 of the pots.

I call - flop 942 rainbow.

I check - he bets 2500 - I call

Turn is a 5 - no flush draws

I check - he bets 3000 - I call

River is a Queen

I check - at a slight delay he splashes 14k ish into the pot to set me all in ...

What do you do?

L

jayteejack

• Silver Member
Re: Live Hand - European Poker Championships
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 17:53:05 PM »
i think u r behind. fold

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 21:20:16 PM »
 Fold. Horrid situation to be in, oop and reverse implied odds are terrible from the offset, maybe fold once he barrels the turn, you need to save some doubble up equity.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 23:26:30 PM »
You are too shallow to be playing through the streets here with sooted connectors. Fold or shove pre are your only real options. I"d go for a fold vs an UTG raise.

As played, I CRAI on the flop and hope he has no overpair. You could also get looked up by overcards here and still have out vs overpaid.

As played, err running out of ideas now.

Think this hand highlights the perils of playing marginal hands OOP with 24BBs v agro players who are chipped up.

Fwiw, if I call turn, I probably get the cape out on the river, though folding is fine.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

George2Loose

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 00:03:11 AM »
Fold pre or if u must play the hand, jam pre
Follow me on twitter:  gb2loose

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 00:46:18 AM »
with no reads of any sort to go by, just that he has played 25% of hands, then its tough to say Louis..
how has he played on various textures when oop or ip, have any hands gone to showdown, does he cbet most flops, same to double barrels, when checked to on rivers how often had you seen him bet out etc etc etc... did he seem to have ABC ish style, did he use position well, did he bet size and use leverage well? etc etc etc...........

in a vacuum - fold is ok obv , attempt a go and go would be ok imo , all out shove steal is a obv option...

as played - wow i don"t often just check call without some sort of read, even if i have the read right or wrong at least i can make the decision.. if its right then woohoo i"m a poker genius, if wrong then its shrug it off time, get a pint and try to pin point why or if it all, where i wrongly assessed the player... right back to as played, cc ok ish, check jam turn to the weak looking bet sizing is a option... after cc"ing the turn then how to get to showdown? throwing out a ridiculous small bet may achieve that, only guessing mind :) you can jam the river and try to sell a slow played A3 2pair or set which once in a blue moon a stack this size will fold to with AA KK :o
you could try min raise the turn to try to get a check check river..
As played, I CRAI on the flop and hope he has no overpair. You could also get looked up by overcards here and still have out vs overpaid.

this one from rob, met get some hero calls also from 55"s to 88"s etc....

hard to read what the oppo has, your passive line and his stack size just begs him to fire out, his river bet i can read it both bluffs and value... i"d be tempted to get a coin out tbh L.... heads call , tails fold..........

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 08:06:55 AM »
I think this totally depends on your opponent but once I get to the river I doubt i am folding
Looking forward to making my first day 2

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 08:47:33 AM »
Nothing worse than calling off your stack on the river and getting it wrong - I"m check raising all in flop or turn here - prob cc flop, then crai turn.

Not so sure about shoving 24x pre in this spot - seems a bit spewy... with his stack he"s never folding AQ+, 88+ to a preflop re-shove, and even though we"ve labelled him as a loose player, there"s a reasonable chance he has something half decent UTG a fair amount of the time.  Would prefer to call in position pre, hit the flop, then commit to the hand, or miss the flop and fold. 

As played, relucta-call, then smile knowingly if we win.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 11:42:29 AM by AMRN »

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 09:42:38 AM »
CRAI on the flop.
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 11:06:43 AM »
I"m probably calling here also.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 12:13:40 PM »
Villain doesnt rep very many hands here. Depends a lot on how competent villain is and of course his previous value bet sizing.

Assuming villain is somewhat competent, his river bet size looks more aimed at finding a fold than a call. You have taken a really weak line so I"d expect a river value bet to be smaller.

I call.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 12:35:13 PM »

with no reads of any sort to go by, just that he has played 25% of hands, then its tough to say Louis..
how has he played on various textures when oop or ip, have any hands gone to showdown, does he cbet most flops, same to double barrels, when checked to on rivers how often had you seen him bet out etc etc etc... did he seem to have ABC ish style, did he use position well, did he bet size and use leverage well? etc etc etc...........

in a vacuum - fold is ok obv , attempt a go and go would be ok imo , all out shove steal is a obv option...

as played - wow i don"t often just check call without some sort of read, even if i have the read right or wrong at least i can make the decision.. if its right then woohoo i"m a poker genius, if wrong then its shrug it off time, get a pint and try to pin point why or if it all, where i wrongly assessed the player... right back to as played, cc ok ish, check jam turn to the weak looking bet sizing is a option... after cc"ing the turn then how to get to showdown? throwing out a ridiculous small bet may achieve that, only guessing mind :) you can jam the river and try to sell a slow played A3 2pair or set which once in a blue moon a stack this size will fold to with AA KK :o
you could try min raise the turn to try to get a check check river..

this one from rob, met get some hero calls also from 55"s to 88"s etc....

hard to read what the oppo has, your passive line and his stack size just begs him to fire out, his river bet i can read it both bluffs and value... i"d be tempted to get a coin out tbh L.... heads call , tails fold..........

I should have added he was relatively new to the table - perhaps four laps of the track - and betting 1/4 of the pots.
There have been no show downs. I had no tells except that he had a beard ...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 12:47:34 PM by Honeybadg »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 13:00:00 PM »

I had no tells except that he had a beard ...

He probably had 45o then, and he caught up on the turn. Fold now.

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 13:31:11 PM »

I had no tells except that he had a beard ...

Can"t believe you left out such important information.....

NEVER TRUST A MAN WITH A BEARD

« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 13:38:20 PM by thinsy147 »
(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 14:45:17 PM »

if it was a white beard, prezzie time i call.....

50/50 Louis, could be for value trying to sell a bluff or 67 etc, flip the coin, divided views in the thread but after the way u played it i"d slightly a favour a call tbh..
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 14:53:51 PM by noble1 »