Author Topic: Advice for those struggling with iPoker poker rooms (incl. BlueSQ)  (Read 3321 times)

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
This information was provided my Shogun (Carl Lybert), and I think deserves a thread of its own as it"s already helped out a few people already.

I know that quite often The_Duke has been having problems getting onto ipoker sites...  It is quite mad, and I have been trying to help him to sort it out...

One thing I suggested was to look at a setting inside his router called the "MTU"...  The MTU for ISP"s and routers is so variable...  It is is a setting that your home ADSL router needs to be set to make the packets send properly..

After a lot of play, I set his MTU to 1500 because I had read from google searches that other people had been talking about the best setting for Pipex..

Anyway, setting it to 1500 cured his problem...  It changed what was a very high chance of NOT getting onto an iPoker software to 100% every time getting onto the site...  When I say that I mean....  When you start poker software one of the first things it does is get the full list of games for you to choose from..  That was taking a ridiculous time maybe 5 or 10 mins to get that list...  Then when he got to use it, there were huge amounts of drop outs dring his game...

The one part of this that makes it even more mad is...  One day it happened again and the cure was to set the MTU back to the original 1458 setting..  But that made lots of other things stop working because it was not right for Pipex, but the iPoker stuff worked...

the next day, iPoker would not work again, and changing the MTU setting to 1500 again cured this problem..  There is nothing to explain this change..  It makes me wonder if iPoker are messing with some settings at their end..  But I cannot explain...  All I know is The_Duke now has a workaround if it happens again..!!

Hope that explanation of my findings makes sense to someone and also helps them to find a workaround..!!!

Cheers

Carl.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Re: Advice for those struggling with iPoker poker rooms (incl. BlueSQ)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 15:53:04 PM »

Had all sorts of problems with iPoker last night - couldn"t play at all... the tourney list just wouldn"t appear. Tried to play cash, but lag was so bad it made poker impossible.

Had a read through the thread you linked to (again) and changed the MTU setting on my router from 1454 to 1500...... WHAM BAM - straight in to iPoker and worked perfectly!!
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason