Author Topic: Hand from the team event.  (Read 30237 times)

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
Re: Hand from the team event.
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2011, 17:58:35 PM »

Wasn"t having a dig Brendan - and fwiw I agree with everything you posted.  The thread was def going into a Hellmuth bash though, and my point about his cash game play was specifically directed at the post which I quoted.

Do you think PH would jam 20 bb"s in this spot?
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2011, 18:38:41 PM »

Wasn"t having a dig Brendan - and fwiw I agree with everything you posted.  The thread was def going into a Hellmuth bash though, and my point about his cash game play was specifically directed at the post which I quoted.

In this particular spot, yes I think he would. I think most decent "tournament players" would.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2011, 19:08:51 PM »

In this particular spot, yes I think he would. I think most decent "tournament players" would.

Yes 100%

Then have a massive rant about his bad luck when he lost the hand ;D
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2011, 20:47:56 PM »
 According to recent evidence PH would not jam this spot, i belive he would want to take a lower variance play. But i do think most good winning tourny pros would get 99s AIPF with 20 BBs.

BTW Did u see the way he played 33s in his bust out hand of ME in vegas this year, think it was on Feature table. he just raised 3x with 20 BBs i think then calls a 3bet or somthing (surly he has to fold or jam pre, cant just call putting in 40% of you stack),

played it terrible by getting it in on flop. Cant really remember but it was lolbad. If someone could find it on youtube im sure its there.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 21:00:38 PM by WYoung83 »

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2011, 00:19:01 AM »
I suspect you"re not a fan then Will ;D
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: October 31, 2011, 00:29:55 AM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTkNSOwpmp0[/youtube]

x

Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: October 31, 2011, 12:14:57 PM »
 I love watching him, but only for the weird things like this.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: October 31, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »
Something similar if memory serves but can"t find a clip of a hand. Liv Boeree and some guy something like Piceci? at the San Remo EPT final table 2010 which Liv went onto win.

Went something like Piceci raise, Liv 3 bet and Piceci flat calls with pocket 6"s for like a third of his stack with around 20BB starting stack.

Flop comes 69T and a snap call of Liv"s all in with AK. Liv couldnt believe that he"d just flatted for a 3rd of his stack set mining..

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2011, 13:29:11 PM »
Finally found it...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0qH--m7VeY[/youtube]

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2011, 14:34:26 PM »

The thread was def going into a Hellmuth bash though,

Would appear your concerns are vindicated :(

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2011, 14:53:49 PM »

The thread was def going into a Hellmuth bash though,

Would appear your concerns are vindicated :(

Not from me Brendan... total respect for the guy for his results.. just using my googling skills to find the video Will referred to x

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2011, 16:26:00 PM »

Not from me Brendan... total respect for the guy for his results.. just using my googling skills to find the video Will referred to x

Aiding and abetting Phil?  ;D ;D

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2011, 16:32:00 PM »

Aiding and abetting Phil?  ;D ;D

;D Aiding for sure..... I"m too much of a nit for any betting though  ;D

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2011, 17:25:14 PM »

Something similar if memory serves but can"t find a clip of a hand. Liv Boeree and some guy something like Piceci? at the San Remo EPT final table 2010 which Liv went onto win.

Went something like Piceci raise, Liv 3 bet and Piceci flat calls with pocket 6"s for like a third of his stack with around 20BB starting stack.

Flop comes 69T and a snap call of Liv"s all in with AK. Liv couldnt believe that he"d just flatted for a 3rd of his stack set mining..

in your video the commentator refers to the no ace or king strategy, whether right or wrong i leave that for u guys to decide if its GTO or if there are situations to be creative/different :)... its a stategy used for nitty opponents with tight 3bet ranges, rather than pushing pre and letting the nit see all 5 cards with the AK part of there 3bet range [thats what AK ideally wants, as it misses 2/3"s of flops] so the hero will flat and depending on there position will shove non AK flops OOP unless they hit a set :) and call jams or shove non AK flops to checks, whatever the action of there opponent when IP [unless they hit a set :)]
the idea behind it is that you are not forcing the race pre-flop, you are only pushing when you met be most likely ahead...
you are pretty much doomed if your opponent has AA or KK anyway, so it"s just which way is better? if we decide we are not folding 66 pre, which is the best way to play, do we go all in or flat call?
thats the jist of the strat. i"ll spare u all the maths behind it ;D

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2011, 22:09:28 PM »
I"m guessing mathematically its correct to do the stop and go with the 6"s? but only against one person i.e. in a heads up on the flop situation? Its not a move I"ve seen a great deal of though in APATs MTTs I"ve played in, see it a lot in SnG"s online though.

In the Phil Hellmuth clip though by the sounds of it the guy who 3-Bet his raise pre had some history with Phil and I just get the feeling the call and all in shove was a little tilty based on some previous, might be wrong though and PH might be employing a stop and go strategy although it doesnt feel like that to me.