Author Topic: Awards Discussion  (Read 9296 times)

PSVK1974

Awards Discussion
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2007, 16:03:19 PM »
I do respect individuals choices.

However what are the point of these awards, when it is clear that there was only ever going to be one winner even before voting started.

With a blonde poker "official" and an APAT "official" both being one and the same person then this is not rocket science.

Dewi_cool

• Silver Member
Awards Discussion
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 16:05:01 PM »
hole "& digging come to mind
Ex Captain Team 'Cymru'

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Awards Discussion
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 16:15:16 PM »
Why is everybody getting so hot under the collar about these awards, surely they were only ever designed to be a bit of fun!?
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

PSVK1974

Awards Discussion
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2007, 16:17:23 PM »

Why is everybody getting so hot under the collar about these awards, surely they were only ever designed to be a bit of fun!?

Perhaps they are.

They certainly cannot be taken seriously!

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Awards Discussion
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2007, 16:19:10 PM »

I do respect individuals choices.

However what are the point of these awards, when it is clear that there was only ever going to be one winner even before voting started.

With a blonde poker "official" and an APAT "official" both being one and the same person then this is not rocket science.

You"re right, this isn"t "Rocket Science". Rocket Science isn"t based on heresay, rumour, or misinformed opinions.

I think we all look forward to you producing the evidence to back up your claims that the integrity of the APAT management is in doubt.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Awards Discussion
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 16:25:03 PM »

Perhaps they are.

Is there anything positive you can say about APAT?

Because so far all your posts have been critical, and it would be a shame for your post count to get into double figures without you ever once saying something nice.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

PSVK1974

Awards Discussion
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 16:36:06 PM »

Perhaps they are.

Is there anything positive you can say about APAT?

Because so far all your posts have been critical, and it would be a shame for your post count to get into double figures without you ever once saying something nice.

On the contrary.

APAT is the greatest thing to happen to amateur poker for many a year.

But you are bound to get people questioning the integrity of the organisation when you are givng awards out to site"s who"s management happen to be APAT management also.

And allowing members into your organisation who are proffesional poker players.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Awards Discussion
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 16:52:37 PM »

Well done.

But you are bound to get people questioning the integrity of the organisation when you are givng awards out to site"s who"s management happen to be APAT management also.

It"s a free and open vote.

There would be an argument for not allowing the blonde poker forum to be eligible for this award for the reason mentioned, just as there is an argument for not allowing people to vote for themselves when they are nominated.

But it"s just a bit of fun.

Personally I would have hoped the forum award would have been a bit closer, a lot of blonde forum members came over to APAT but there are far more APAT members who don"t belong to the blonde forum than do - it"s just that most of them didn"t vote.

APAT is now pledged to support amateur and professional players.

But if you mean allowing a professional player the chance at something that should go to an amateur - if he was a professional when he played in APAT events then that"s up to his own integrity to decide.

Cash games don"t leave a great deal of records, so if a cash professional wanted to play in an APAT tournament there wouldn"t be a great deal of evidence to deny him the opportunity - and if there is and it gets overlooked then, its a mistake, but the odd one off mishap isn"t going to damage the overall concept and ethos of APAT.

If it"s more of a personal issue with any particular player involved then it should be resolved personally and not in public.
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Awards Discussion
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 16:55:13 PM »

On the contrary.

"People" ?

Only one person has made an issue of the fact that some members of the management team are heavily involved in both camps. This a matter of circumstance, and not a basis on which to pour doubt on the results of a poll.

Unless of course, you have proof ?

You might like to read  http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=570.0

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Awards Discussion
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 17:11:23 PM »
DING DING     SECONDS OUT....... ROUND FOUR!!!

Zukertort

• Silver Member
Awards Discussion
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2007, 17:15:32 PM »
Just to help everyone get things into context and focus positively in the right area"s with humility, empathy and understanding at this sensitive time. Please remember;

I CAME SECOND BEHIND A PHOTO OF THE BACK OF A BLOKES HEAD!?  :D

My self esteem is not effected and i am not bitter in any way. I think if Des had taken a picture of the back of my head i would have won, but hey maybe next time!

Happy New Year everyone  ;D

Kevin

PSVK1974

Awards Discussion
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2007, 17:46:42 PM »

On the contrary.

"People" ?

Only one person has made an issue of the fact that some members of the management team are heavily involved in both camps. This a matter of circumstance, and not a basis on which to pour doubt on the results of a poll.

Unless of course, you have proof ?

You might like to read  http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=570.0

Thanks for that it was a very enlightening read.

Apart from purely financial gain i don"t see why you have to represent proffesional players when you started out as an amateur organisation.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
Awards Discussion
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2007, 17:51:07 PM »
It"s the coming of January that gets people"s a*se hairs up like this over nothing.  It"s why I shop online when I"m in the market for a bargain rather than go out to the shops.  Savage people are at this time of year, savage.

Who won the golden fork award for most failed attempts to make it to the buffet break at an APAT national anyway?  Was it me?

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Awards Discussion
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2007, 17:53:54 PM »

Who won the golden fork award for most failed attempts to make it to the buffet break at an APAT national anyway?  Was it me?

Certainly wasn"t me. I"m very proud of the amount of buffet I"ve been able to eat at the APAT events  ;D

No first places in that either though, the best I managed was to be 2nd in the buffet queue. I shall have to strive to improve that in any future nationals I enter.
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

PSVK1974

Awards Discussion
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2007, 17:59:15 PM »
Well good luck with it but once you start changing the fundamentals of the organisation then people will naturally become sceptical.