Author Topic: leaving ipoker for good  (Read 8458 times)

busman

• Bronze Member
    • KAIT
leaving ipoker for good
« on: January 06, 2008, 12:31:54 PM »
i have now decided that after starting out on vc poker and then transfering funds over to blue square due to apat connection. that i am now never going to play on an ipoker site again.

reason:-  when playing i keep getting booted off the tables i am on even although the site is still there and i can navigate round the lobby, i am booted off when holding reasonable or winning hands from cash tables and tournements alike.  this morning i was playing multi cash tables and was holding trips on one, nut st8 on another and a nut flush draw on yet another, a bit hecktic with the betting but was on top of it then lo and behold i get booted off all the tables i am playing, by the time i get back i have lost the hand to reraisers, so i am totally sick of the software and site.

no matter what you say to them they always state it is your fault not thiers.!!!!!

good bye ipoker and good riddens.     :P >:(
Poker is like life, some you win some you loose. but never bluff as sooner or later you will be found out.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: leaving ipoker for good
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 13:21:18 PM »
You sound annoyed Ken ...  :)

You were one of the two folk I PM"d a link to the Router Settings thread at http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=950.msg15198#msg15198

Have you tried it ... ?

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 14:50:08 PM »
Had all sorts of problems with iPoker last night - couldn"t play at all... the tourney list just wouldn"t appear. Tried to play cash, but lag was so bad it made poker impossible.

Had a read through the thread you linked to (again) and changed the MTU setting on my router from 1454 to 1500...... WHAM BAM - straight in to iPoker and worked perfectly!!   If it wasn"t for you I wouldn"t have been able to play last night..... I proceeded to play 2 $109 SnGs and came fourth in both, so by my reckoning, you now owe me $218!!   ;)

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 09:03:36 AM »

If it wasn"t for you I wouldn"t have been able to play last night..... I proceeded to play 2 $109 SnGs and came fourth in both, so by my reckoning, you now owe me $218!!   ;)

;D  ;D  ;D

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 09:23:04 AM »
Glad I could be of help, I think  :-\

;D

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 16:40:46 PM »
this happens on most sites now and again although it appears more frequent on ipoker. Unfortunately it happened to me but luckily fast pc and fast reboot got me back in quick. There are some technical issues that are obviously needing dealt with and i guess its a case of putting up with it or not playing until its resolved. I enjoy blue square tho so i will put up with it although touch wood no further problems since.
Mary Kivlin

sopranoltd

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 19:45:12 PM »
I only play at Blue Squarefor the APAT events . I have found a new site called *******.com and i am very happy with the software and the play there. I am doing very well at the .25-.50 cents nl tables . Give it a try guys , and the withdrawls are fast as well .
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 20:46:32 PM by APAT »

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 20:09:42 PM »

I only play at Blue Squarefor the APAT events . I have found a new site called ******.com and i am very happy with the software and the play there. I am doing very well at the .25-.50 cents nl tables . Give it a try guys , and the withdrawls are fast as well .

Is this not just ******?

BAck to OP, but ipoker has been having problems, and a statement was made that they were working on it, and would hope to have a new update within 2 weeks..

I can say I have just been kicked off 3 times now tonight , but it was not ipoker, it was my connection, because msn went off as well as blondepoker so I would say as much as there are ipoker problems, make sure you check ur isp.. Wireless is the pits, it never happens when i have ethernet cable in..
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 20:46:56 PM by APAT »

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 20:14:16 PM »

I only play at Blue Squarefor the APAT events . I have found a new site called *******.com and i am very happy with the software and the play there. I am doing very well at the .25-.50 cents nl tables . Give it a try guys , and the withdrawls are fast as well .

spam?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 20:47:13 PM by APAT »
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 20:15:48 PM »

spam?

Let"s call it an interesting first post, with the tricky second post to look forward to.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 20:47:39 PM by APAT »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 08:46:07 AM »
Back to the topic of the thread, I have to say that since changing my router MTU setting to 1500, I STILL have absolutely no problems playing at BSQ or Titan (both iPoker)..... I can"t believe such a simple config change could have made such a difference!!

That said, I"ve become hooked on the tourney structure at Stars, so my forays into iPoker are limited to APAT games and occasional Cash games now.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 11:57:38 AM »
Given that BSQ are our sponsors and are on ipoker, I have to champion their STT "double stackers". 9 min blinds, 3000 chips to start and starting blinds of 10/20 makes for a very good game IMO

spam?

Let"s call it an interesting first post, with the tricky second post to look forward to.

Thats what I said, wasn"t it Leigh ;)
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 12:41:57 PM »

Given that BSQ are our sponsors and are on ipoker, I have to champion their STT "double stackers". 9 min blinds, 3000 chips to start and starting blinds of 10/20 makes for a very good game IMO

spam?

Thats what I said, wasn"t it Leigh ;)

I was never good at summarising my thoughts.  ;D