Author Topic: Neil Dawson Wins PokerListings $50,000 Event  (Read 25236 times)

ThePiranha

• Bronze Member
Re: $45,000 WIN!
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2008, 19:12:14 PM »
i just hope we dont get put on the same table on saturday neil, the devastation will be disgusting, there will be no need for a day 2 lol.

Bit of advice, dont go crazy and play the WSOPE or the main event of the WSOP. $10,000 is a big dent into $45k. I dont think anybody could play properly for stakes like that mate

GuKPT definately though

Think on
if you ever remember some stranger who sucked out on you.

chances are, it was probably me!

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2008, 19:28:17 PM »
I dunno, if it was me I think the WSOPE would be a definite shout because the field size is still quite small when compared to other major tournaments. The WSOP Main Event would also be good just to say you played in it one time. Then the other $15K could buy into 7 legs of the GUKPT... Good luck anyway, wherever you end up.
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2008, 20:01:36 PM »
I agree with the $10K advice. 

GUKPTs, GBPTs, and an EPT would be my plan.  Probably.

If I was going over to Vegas, I"d try some of the smaller WSOP events, smaller fields and more of a chance of doing something in them.  Then again, the ME would be nice...
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2008, 20:15:48 PM »
Great news Neil.  Nice work fella.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 20:53:38 PM »
I noticed Neil,  that you haven"t got many " well dones " for the fantastic event win.. so I"d thought I be the one of the first to say Well done!!  :D

seriously...it"s great that everyone on here is genuinely chuffed at another one"s results...it is how it should be
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

swordfish

• Waiting for the great leap forwards
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 21:06:56 PM »
Very nice result!  Can"t believe there are people advising caution and not to play the $10k or $20k WSOP/WSOPE events.  It"s a once in a lifetime opportunity to play some great events.  If it was me I"d be over to Vegas for the WSOP for sure.  Vegas or some miserable dump for GBPT or GUKPT?  Not a hard choice lol.

That is of course if you get the choice of what to play, be interested to hear what they come back with.

Well done though, must be very exciting for you!

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 21:14:46 PM »
Thanks again for all the new Congrats posts.

I still haven"t heard anything from PokerListings.com. I emailed Titan who told me that it was PL who were dealing with it. No problem, I just wish I had had even a "Well Done we"ll be in touch soon" email or something by now.

I don"t suspect I"ll get much of a say in the tourneys I play. I"d love to play the WSOPE ME for the reasons Crizzy said - smaller field etc. It would be a fair chunk of the pool though.

Who am I kidding - any of the aforementioned would be great!

i just hope we dont get put on the same table on saturday neil, the devastation will be disgusting, there will be no need for a day 2 lol.

I"ll not be there on Saturday Wayne. Lucky for you ... !!! ;D You"ll just have to be the one-man wrecking ball! I"ll be on here requestin updates and makin sure you are!

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 21:23:17 PM »
I wouldn"t play in the WSOP Main Event, you"d be too likely to only ever play on a table full of nobodys and you would probably get knocked out by some fish outdrawing you.

I"d play a few of the lower buy in events so that you have  a more of a chance of getting  a result with a smaller field to contend with.

If I had to spend $10k on the entry fee I"d enter the $10k mixed game - the main event would be my last option.

I would go for the WSOPE because of the smaller field and super high megastar ratio you would be almost as unlikely to get a result as with the WSOP ME but at least there would be a high chance that you"d get a chance to play against a star.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

celticriver

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 21:28:03 PM »
if you DONT play the WSOP your a nutter, is that not what we are all aiming for.
Say it loud and say it proud OR just say it loud......

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2008, 21:29:00 PM »

if you DONT play the WSOP your a nutter, is that not what we are all aiming for.

WSOP main event is not value.....

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2008, 21:35:45 PM »

I don"t see the attraction of the Main Event.

The two elements of poker that I think you should aim for are:

(a) play against some World Class players - primarily for the experience, but hopefully to learn a little something from them as well.
(b) titles, money, fame and glory.

The chances of either in the Main Event are miniscule, you"ve got much better odds of both at the other WSOP events, the WSOPe and the EPT.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2008, 09:22:27 AM »
I have just been on and started a Forum Account with PokerListings where I found this from way back when tourney was first announced on October 29th!!!

"Exclusive to PokerListings players Titan Poker is offering a huge $50,000 freeroll. First prize will take down a whopping $45,000 to be spent on 3 EPT events of their choice (Buy ins + travel expenses). There will also be $5,000 spread from position 2 on downwards!"

I"m still waiting to hear from Titan so in the meantime I"d like to pass it over to all of you again to post thoughts and recommendations on how to spend the prize. Schedule can be found at http://www.europeanpokertour.com/schedule.html  Please also let me know you are planning to play in any.

Oh how I wish I"d kept the original email now and saved all that WSOP speculation  :) It was interesting to hear how you all viewed the WSOP Main Events though ...

« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:02:26 AM by lukybugur »

CrizzyConnor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2008, 09:31:08 AM »
Do you have to take all the choices this season or can you save some for next?

If you could save some for next then I would personall go for (WITHOUT A DOUBT) the final in Monte Carlo as my FIRST tournament. lol. Then I would save the other two buy-ins for next season when I would choose two of the following: Barcelona, London, Dublin or the Caribbean Adventure - It"s a long wait but the free trip to the Caribbean would help ease any potential tournament knock out that somewhere like Dortmund or Warsaw wouldn"t.

I"d love to play in London and Dublin because I see them the two biggest EPT"s outside the final but if I had this then i"d probably end up chosing Monte Carlo, Barcelona & the Caribbean Adventure - three FREE trips to the sunshine. Can"t knock it.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 09:35:37 AM by CrizzyConnor »
WCOAP 2009 Online Omaha Champion
WCOAP 2009 Online ME Final Tablist

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2008, 09:48:11 AM »

Monte Carlo, Barcelona & the Caribbean Adventure - three FREE trips to the sunshine. Can"t knock it.

What he said.. top choices

Ripple11

• Bronze Member
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2008, 10:50:14 AM »

Fantastic result....well done!!

Monte Carlo has a larger buy in than the other EPT"s ...so you might have to
check with your sponsors (its about a $18,000 package)....but I was lucky enough to qualify for Monte last year and it was a fantastic experience,....go and enjoy every minute.