Author Topic: APAT online and its prizes....  (Read 3973 times)

clynd99

• Silver Member
APAT online and its prizes....
« on: February 15, 2008, 11:08:47 AM »
Hi, just wondering if someone could tell me roughly how many runners enter the online tourneys and what the prize fund normally gets up to?
I haven"t been able to play any of these because I work nights and I have a relationship so to play an 8pm Saturday start time isn"t exactly good for my ears.
However, I recently buried my girlfriend under the patio, so I can play the Norweigen Open tomorrow!
Also, is there a GUKPT seat for the winner of these events? Theres a notification on the BlueSq lobby but that seems a bit strange to me.

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Re: APAT online and its prizes....
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 11:14:46 AM »
If you have a look at some of the Online Tourney threads you"ll see how many runners, prize money etc. No GUKPT seat from Online Tourneys though I"m afraid.

See http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 11:15:49 AM »
Congratulations on your loss, did you forget the card or flowers ?  :D

Generally top 20 are paid out, with a first prize of somewhere between $200 and $300 depending on the number of entries. No GUKPT seat, these are given out to winners of the live events.

I succumbed to playing three events this year with the number of players being around the 130 mark each time.

I think I read in another thread that there were only around 80 runners for last nights event though.

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 13:50:26 PM »
The Blue Sq lobby says "Get a free APAT membership and a chance to win gold, silver and bronze medals and a trip to the GUKPT".
Wonder what they"re on about then?
Maybe you could use the winnings to rebuy satellite your way in....

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 14:00:06 PM »
The top three positions win Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals. The points that are paid are tallied through the season, with the league winner taking the GUKPT seat.

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 14:02:41 PM »
Of course, what a divvy I am.

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 14:38:00 PM »
Also, there are online satellites to the live National events - and you can win a GUKPT seat in these.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason