Author Topic: DTD Online Day 1  (Read 7797 times)

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
Re: DTD Online Day 1
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 21:29:08 PM »
After you have 3 bet, i would never ever check this flop tbh unless going for a check raise. So pot control is out of the question now (imo of course). And as played if you check he is only going to bet with a polarised range (because he may be suspecting a check raise), so you dont really gain any info at all based on whatever he decides to do. For example he may take a free card with a draw, or showdown value he would want to keep the pot smallish. But if he has big hand he would build the pot, and if he has nothing hes gonna use position advantadge to try and win.

Ive been thinking about this hand and AJ in general recently. Its kind of a sick spot being oop to a tough player. I would much rather 3 bet a fish with AJ. A good player is not going to really peel with a range that you are crushing here. For example he might fold Ace x,  but peel with 78s and small pairs, he may 4 bet with a polarised range of very strong or really weak hands. And AJs is a hand where closing the action, you really wanna see a flop with and dont wanna have to fold to a 4 bet.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 21:39:49 PM by WYoung83 »

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2013, 12:22:16 PM »

Cold light of day thoughts...

What does he think i have?
He"s seen me raise and fold to a 3bet a couple of times at least. The 48 hand I opened, there was a 3bet and villain cold 4bets.
I"ve opened AK and folded to a donk bet plus a call, I"ve also 3bet JJ and got it in on the turn on xxJK
He knows as much about me as I know about him I guess.

In this hand...
I 3bet oop and led the flop both of which look strong
He calls pre and raises the flop which could, as Rodders says, be strength, bluff or semi-bluff.
I flat his raise on the flop, after some thought and then I check the turn, which looks...?

I understand the idea of getting it in on the flop, but in truth it feels like there"s more two pair, sets or combo draws in his range than enough.
I"m wondering if a fold there might not be sensible.
Anybody think checking the flop is ever a good idea for pot control?

he opens 2.2x and u 3bet to 4x ?

this is ok? would u do the same oop with AA KK QQ etc at this eff stack size?

do u 3bet as a resteal with this sizing also? i cant see any type of player folding any part of his range at this eff stack size ip, and tbh if i was him and saw this sizing, i wouldn"t perceive it as strong in the main.. unless u had some reason for him to perceive this as strong?

oop sucks so this seems like very odd sizing to me, for value or as a resteal, what was u hoping to achieve? from what i can gather in the thread he"s a strong"ish player... unless u thought he"d 4bet light bluff a lot and u thought this sizing would induce it a heck of a lot and u intended to 5bet etc then i can"t see any good points to the sizing...

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 21:34:03 PM »
3 bet sizing pre makes this hand very difficult for me to play.

Villain could be pouncing on the weakness displayed or could have you crushed.

Make it 4500 ish when OOP. If called here it is a completely different hand as you can now narrow his range.

As played pre, bet call is fine otf (I think). Fold turn seems correct as well.
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D