Author Topic: Playing Like a Muppett ( Brag post in reverse)  (Read 8384 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Playing Like a Muppett ( Brag post in reverse)
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2008, 16:00:04 PM »

self imposed rest?  why?  you are doing nothing wrong!! If you can continually get your chips and called when you have AA, you will win a lot more than you lose in the long run.

And here is the crux of a good poker player"s problem, with the emphasis on the part of the above phrase "long term".

I believe most of us are of this school of thought i.e. that skill will overcome luck in the long term. Now statistcially speaking this should be true.

HOWEVER, just how long is the "long term"? Am I not right in saying that this statistical assumption could run to infinity, or longer than your bankroll can last, or your heart beats?    :o :o :o

I came within $100 of packing it in when my long run lasted for 7 months :"(

There"s your answer Gordon - long term = 8+ months!!    ;D

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2008, 16:22:45 PM »

Ok then if 8+ months is the answer, although tbh my question was kinda retorical in that there is no correct answer. How many of you have the bankroll, or the bankroll management to go on an extended 8+month bad run?  :-\

tumblet

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2008, 16:27:03 PM »

Ok then if 8+ months is the answer, although tbh my question was kinda retorical in that there is no correct answer. How many of you have the bankroll, or the bankroll management to go on an extended 8+month bad run?  :-\

Not many imo..

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 17:09:24 PM »

more like 8 days for me!!