Author Topic: More Proof that Live Poker is Rigged from WSOP!!!  (Read 5037 times)

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
More Proof that Live Poker is Rigged from WSOP!!!
« on: July 01, 2008, 02:10:07 AM »
WSOP Event# 49

Final Table 4 players left

Peter Ngyeun pushes allin as short stack with 9d7d

Rasmus Neilsen the chip leader calls with KJ

Flop

7  7  4

Turn K

River K

I"m telling ya LIVE POKER IS RIGGED!!!!!  8)

GiMac

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Re: More Proof that Live Poker is Rigged from WSOP!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 12:07:54 PM »
Kinda sick final table. John Conroy of Bad Beat Poker got knocked out in 3rd when his AQ ran into A8 all in preflop and the A8 spiked an 8 on the flop.  :(

Nice result though John.  8)

clynd99

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 18:28:00 PM »
We all know that this is part and parcel of the game, but some of these WSOP/big live event stories are brutal.
Your heart sinks and you can often feel like throwing your PC out of the window when it hits you in a $20 sit and go, but to be kicked in the sack like that and at that level, with all the prestige at stake and hundreds of thousands of dollars prize money between 1st and 2nd or even between 8th and 9th etc in some of the events must make you feel so low.
Maybe this is the difference between a good player and a great one, I hate the phrase "that"s poker!", but maybe it is the great players who can shrug their shoulders, say that very line and just return the next day for more.
It makes me wonder about some of the stories we perhaps don"t hear, and never will. Some of the sick river cards that have rolled off in dodgy back street U.S dives, where men have been left broken, penniless and homeless when their flopped quads were beaten by rivered royal flushes and such......

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »
live poker is so rigged. Saw more sickness in vegas than i have seen in quite sometime online.

don"t even know where to start
Looking forward to making my first day 2

morlspin

• Silver Member
    • morlspin
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 09:13:31 AM »

live poker is so rigged. Saw more sickness in vegas than i have seen in quite sometime online.

don"t even know where to start

Let me start for ya then

Wsop event 52.... me 10 10 vs 88.....8 on flop

Caesars (u were there) AA with Ah 9c 2h on flop, he re-raises me all in...i call....he says nice call i was bluffing, shows KcQh...4h on turn and Jh river 3 hands in

Imperial Palace same day....Trip 8"s on turn both all in, me with best kicker, he pairs his and rivers a full house

vegas hates me!
APAT Northern Regional Champion 2008
APAT ECAOP Online Player of the Series 2012

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 12:43:43 PM »
one hand witnessed in MGM - cash game

4 players all in on 8910 rainbow flop

QQ, JJ, JQ and K7 (indeed wtf)

turn J river Q - no bull

my mate all in at Harrahs cash game with 99 on a 9 high flop, against A9, running aces for a 0.3% hit....

3N1GM4 hand 10 of $2000 wsop #48 board K33, he had KK and oppo had 33

i ran into quads 7 times whilst in vegas with big hands, 3 times i had the nut boat.

playing live poker every day opens your eyes i reckon lol

coprey

• Gold Member
  • SkinEm
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 15:20:09 PM »
I totally agree with ya clynd99. If we small time players have a problem accepting misfortune and bad beats at our micro level, what hope have we of accepting defeat at the very highest level. If you cant deal with the bad beats now, dont bother even trying for the highest level. Always best to remember whats really important in life, it aint fame and fortune. Believe this? Then maybe youve got a chance!! :-\

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 15:35:32 PM »

I totally agree with ya clynd99. If we small time players have a problem accepting misfortune and bad beats at our micro level, what hope have we of accepting defeat at the very highest level. If you cant deal with the bad beats now, dont bother even trying for the highest level. Always best to remember whats really important in life, it aint fame and fortune. Believe this? Then maybe youve got a chance!! :-\

Very well put.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 16:25:02 PM »

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!!

Goes beyond poker too - a great thought to be applied to life in general!  Nice attitude Coprey!

morlspin

• Silver Member
    • morlspin
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 21:40:12 PM »
Beats and Negative Variance are all part of the game, everyone knows that. I think the points Gordon, Dean and myself were trying to put accross was that usually its Internet only players you see saying that its rigged etc

Live poker is awesome, sometimes u get the luck, sometimes u dont, c"est la vie!

mal666

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 09:29:52 AM »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 10:45:16 AM »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 12:05:36 PM »
The Ian Fraser all in with A/10 os on midweek European Open was classic. Ran into AA then hit a 10 on flop and 10 on river  ::) to move from v short stack and quickly moved on to be chip leader and qulaified for the final.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 15:59:05 PM »

Beats and Negative Variance are all part of the game, everyone knows that. I think the points Gordon, Dean and myself were trying to put accross was that usually its Internet only players you see saying that its rigged etc

Live poker is awesome, sometimes u get the luck, sometimes u dont, c"est la vie!

indeed - just deal with it and have another drink...and moan a bit.

morlspin

• Silver Member
    • morlspin
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 21:32:38 PM »
And then stomp off back to the MGM in a huff lol

Anyway.....-EV gone....+EV back....took down the Planet Hollywood tourney on Friday!