Author Topic: Never had a beat down like this - i always believe tinternet poker is rigged  (Read 6399 times)

mal666

• Gold Member

but its more the donkey calls and the guy thinks he"s some world class hero player cause he made the right decisions

What makes you believe he thinks he"s a world class player? Why can"t he just be a recreational player trying his best?

I recommend you read The Tao of Poker by Larry Phillips: it is surprising how positive an effect it can have just by helping you understand the way you feel about the game and its ups and downs.

yes and maybe you can get a feng shui expert round to rearrange your furniture into a more positive yang balance.
Creating a home that reflects the feng shui yin yang balance is very important for your health and well-being. There will always be one quality of feng shui energy that is stronger depending on the use of the space, but you need to represent both.

erm hope that helps lol

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
I was playing in a live cash game last night, and I limped UTG with AA, as it was a very active table and I was waiting for someone to raise so I could re-raise. 

Sure enough someone raised to £8, called by two others, and I re-popped it for £80 (i"d just lost £40 on the previous hand so it looked like a tilt shove).  Called by the first raiser and the other two folded.  He had QQ, and surprise surprise, my aces held up.

;D
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

I was playing in a live cash game last night, and I limped UTG with AA, as it was a very active table and I was waiting for someone to raise so I could re-raise. 

Sure enough someone raised to £8, called by two others, and I re-popped it for £80 (i"d just lost £40 on the previous hand so it looked like a tilt shove).  Called by the first raiser and the other two folded.  He had QQ, and surprise surprise, my aces held up.

;D

you just never know what to expect..bet u were fuming..( i mean 2 folds..nightmare).u seemed to have taken it well tho...maybe something we could all learn from... ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 21:11:08 PM by Waz1892 »
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

;D

Not like you Dan - I was reading that waiting to get to the bad beat ending!!!  ;)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
ive very very rarely limp with aces anymore

only if it bb vs sb or similar

number of times ive limped only for 7 8 to hit a straight or 2 pair on the flop

clynd99

• Silver Member
I had a couple of nasty internet beats the other day. I play online alot so I see quite a few and never usually dwell on them, but these were especially frustrating.
Cash game Im in SB with KK. Button raises and I re-pop, he calls and flop is K-x-x rainbow, most would check call or check raise here, but I lead for half the pot and get three-bet back at at which point I call, sure that the chap has AK. Turn is an A, and I make a pot size bet, villain insta-shoves and I call. The pot is over $400, and sure enough it"s my set of kings against his top two (AK), river comes an Ace for boat over boat, evil opponent takes the pot.
Second one was maybe two hours later in a sit and go. We"re heads up and even in chips, winner takes a prize just short of $300. I standard raise with KK again, and he calls with 78 suited, flop is 10-8-2 rainbow, he bets big, I shove and he eventually calls, for the game, cards on their backs, turn is 6, river 9, for his ten high straight, Doh!
I dont think either of my opponents did anything wrong, except for maybe the call on the end with mid pair in the STT, its just the way the cards want to land.

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
More proof that live poker is rigged from a pub tourney yesterday. I dealt the first one and benefitted from the second

1. A10 v A9 all in pre. flop 10 8 2, turn 6, river 7 to ship it to the A9

2. AJ v QK all in pre. flop 10 Q K to give AJ a str8, turn blank, river K, full house baby!!

Live poker is great!!
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

I dont think either of my opponents did anything wrong....... its just the way the cards want to land.

How I wish so many players, particularly online, would read that quote and remember it!!