Author Topic: Heads Up Advice  (Read 1935 times)

Erimus

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
Heads Up Advice
« on: October 06, 2008, 15:36:15 PM »
In a heads up situation when you have relatively equal chip stacks and the blinds are not massive, is it a good move to put opponent  all in with any pocket pair or would you try to hit your set with smaller pairs then play from there. I have just had 3 stt going all in pre flop, with qq losing to a rag, 10 10 again losing to a rag and aa losing to a straight made when called by k6, I understand  I was in front and opponents had to hit so in poker terms I done the right thing ie chips in whilst ahead but any advice on heads up play would be appreciated cheers in advance.
Hopefully poker gods will be on my side today but that extra £90 would of been a nice boost to bankroll which I am trying to build.

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
Re: Heads Up Advice
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 15:40:17 PM »
If the blinds aren"t massive compared to both your stacks then I would generally be trying to outplay my opponents post flop rather than get my chips in pre flop.

(with whatever hole cards I had)
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 15:58:54 PM »

If the blinds aren"t massive compared to both your stacks then I would generally be trying to outplay my opponents post flop rather than get my chips in pre flop.

(with whatever hole cards I had)

+1

but with big pairs, I"m happy to get it allin, you just got unlucky there
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 16:57:56 PM »
Any pair HU, get your chips in, does not matter if short stack, big stack or same stack

oneill1970

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 17:41:05 PM »
If I think I"m the better player I"ll try to attack their weak points and slowly grind them down without their noticing before going for the kill.  If not, I reckon I"d go for the pocket pair all-in and promise the poker gods I"d help an old lady across the road if they let me win.
Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect. - Ralph Waldo Emerson.